The Keeper

The Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Keeper
Pairings: Sunggyu/Woohyun, Myungsoo/Sungyeol, Hoya/Sungjong (friends), Hoya/Dongwoo. Practically an OT7 fic tbh
Rating: G 
Comments: will be much appreciated!!
A/N: This is what 5 cups of coffee and chatting with my fellow infinite friend does. It's my first ever fanfic, and I sound like I'm smoking crack.

Summary: They're all animals and one of them is the most manly zookeeper ever (guess who). 

7am
He whistles a happy tune, prancing about his office as he busies himself with preparations before swarms of visitors eager to see the largest animal exhibition in the country arrived. Not that he'd ever admit to dancing; he was quite certain that it was not considered macho behaviour. And who could possibly be more macho than him, king of all the animals, ruler of all beasts, master of--"zookeeper, you're a ZOOKEEPER so stop daydreaming please" his boss interrupts him with a patient sigh, accustomed to his delusions of grandeur. 

Scowling (and definitely not pouting because he IS still manly after all), he heads out to begin his daily rounds.

8am

He hears them before he sees them: a high pitch squeak of dismay followed by the scampering of eager feet. Not in the least bothered by the cries of the distressed animal, he hums while searching for the key, standing beneath a sign that reads "Infinite zoo's Tom and Jerry". Just like the proverbial cat and mouse, he muses (pausing to assure himself that musing was a decidedly macho action), swinging the gate open to see a caramel ball of fur whizzing past him followed closely by a hyperactive puppy on steroids. 

"Nam, you can keep chasing hamstergyu or you can have breakfast, it's up to you." He says without even looking at the pair.

Almost instantaneously, the caramel fur ball rolls to a stop in front of him, saliva trickling down his puffy cheeks at the mention of "breakfast". Allowing a brief chuckle to escape, he continues scooping their breakfast rations into two bowls, as he feels a warm body crash to a halt beside him and a pair of impatient eyes glaring at him. He rolls his eyes, scratching the whining puppy beside him. "Sorry nam. Next to food, your chances of winning gyu's affections are practically non-existent. Even without food as your competition, I'm not quite sure if you'd--OUCH LET GO OF ME YOU LOVESICK PUPPY!" 

Mumbling and grumbling about animals that underestimate their own strength, he runs out (in the most non-cowardly manner of course) locking the gate safely. Once sure he's out of harm's way, he allows himself to smile at the pair; the hamster's tiny eyes shutting out everything except his precious sunflower seeds even as the puppy nudges him incessan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter