His Confession

It's Only You Since The Beginning

She decided to take a walk before going back to her apartment. The river in front of her illuminate the light from the bridge, making it looks like crystal floating in the water. The sun was already hiding and it’ss time for moon to shining. She stop walking and leaning closer to the bridge, enjoying the scenery of the city.

 

It's been 1 years since she moves here to continue her study. Even though she already got used to it but there was something missing. She remembers when the first time she move here, everything feels so new, unfamiliar. Even the language was something she struggle before. But trying to adapt seems easy back then, she have him as her strength.

 

He was her college friend in the same major back then in their home town, they are not that close, but he have the same desire as her to continue their study overseas. So they decide to study in the same place, different major this time. It's easier if there is someone to rely, they can help each other adapting in new environment.

 

Circumstances makes they got closer, no doubt. And she started to develop feelings for him. Even though sometime he seems rude and childish, he is gentle, caring and responsible man.

 

In earlier months, they always try to spent time together once a day despite their busy schedule even though just to eat dinner together and talk about their day. When you meet a new environment, you make new friends too. It’s required time, mostly. And it's obviously making their time together lessen and lessen. From everyday they change the meeting into thrice a week and whenever they schedule available at the same time. She understands though, they can't always be exclusive alone. He needs to have time for himself, his school and his new friend, and even though they always texting each other to catch up, she terribly miss their own time together.

 

It's been 2 weeks since the last time they met, they are having exam and she have a lot of paper to do lately with her classmates, and so does he.

 

When she arrived at her apartment, she put her bag at the couch and walked to the refrigerator to have some drink. Suddenly her phone ringing, she got a message. He asked her to have dinner with him which she agreed immediately.

 

They met at the cafe near her apartment. That's already been their place to hang out every week, in a corner near the window they often play staring at busy people at the street and guessing what they do.

 

When she arrived she saw Yonghwa sit quietly in their usual seats. He looking at her from top to toe then frowned. "What are you wearing?"

 

She looks at herself, sensing nothing wrong with her outfit today. She wears a blue dress with a cardigan and ankle boots. "What's wrong?"

 

"Why are you wearing something so short and thin in this kind of weather?"

 

"It's not that cold today, beside It's just a walk away from my apartment." Actually when he contact her earlier she immediately change her outfit into a nicer one, but she doesn't expect this kind of feedback from him.

 

He took his jacket and put it around her tight when she sits. "You easily get cold, so wear something warm next time ok?" She just sit there quietly, still digesting his caring nature to her and the warm feelings that growing inside her heart.

 

"I already order for you. Your favorite. Is it ok?" He added.

 

She nodded but tried to keep her calm. "It feels like I haven't seen you like forever. And what's with your hair? It's like you haven't cut it for a decade."

 

"Very busy these past few weeks. No time going to barber shop."

 

"Oh please, it's only 5 meter away from your apartment."

 

"There were no you who nag me to cut my hair. You are so busy, no time for me anymore." He pouted than laugh. "Look at your nose flaring, hyun"

 

"eyy.. We both busy." She stared at him in disbelief.  "You are not doing it intentionally to make me nagging at you, right?"

 

"haha.. You realize? eyy.. You can put coin in your nose..haha.."

 

"Ah you really.." she sighed.

 

"I miss you." suddenly he blurted and it successfully making her blush. This side of him, always left her speechless.

 

That time the waiter came bring their menu. He ordered her pasta with creamy sauce and orange juice and steak for himself. "I presume that steak is mine?"

 

He shook his head and grin, "nope. That pasta is yours. The steak is mine."

 

"I think you said you order my favorite but this is obviously your favorite, Yong." She squint her eyes suspiciously.

 

"My favorite will be your favorite eventually, hyun. Vice versa." He blinked one of his eye teasingly.

 

"What is it, yong. Why today you so mushy and cheesy? What do you up to?"

 

"haha.. Nothing. Just missing you."

 

She sighed. He and his word are will be the death for her.

 

"So how was your day lately? Did your school project finish already?" she said while he munching his food.

 

"Yeah. Try to finish it faster.. Not enough sleep the whole week. Hara says I'm crazy for forcing her to do it faster."

 

Seohyun heart squeeze when she heard that name. Hara is his classmate and project teammate. Seohyun already met Hara when Yonghwa ask her to have lunch with them a few months ago and a couple time after that. And it is obvious how close they are just in short of time. She admit that she jealous, but Yonghwa never know her feelings for him and he doesn't need to know. She doesn't want their friendship become awkward if Yonghwa doesn't feel the same.

 

"I thought you said your big project should be finished by next week and it's about 9 days from now. It was so not like you to rush thing, you know."

 

He stop eating and staring at her intensely and lovingly. His voice turns into serious tone.

 

"I already took my time too long. I used to take things slow to make it perfect when the time is come but now I think too slows can make me be the one whose losing."

 

"What do you mean? Losing from who?"

 

He chuckled and back to his choding style and continue to eat. He just dismissed the topic and changes it into the light one.

 

By the time he took her to her apartment, which can be reached just by walking, he suddenly says, "I'll tell you, there's this girl I likes, it's obvious she likes me too but to shy to admit it. I tend to take things slow with her because she never in that kind of relationships before."

 

Her heart drop when she heard what he said, but she try to stay calm even though she felt like to cry. Who is the girl he talking about? Hara? His other classmate? He never talked about this kind of things before.

 

"Lately I have been very busy with my school that I have no time for anything else and it makes me thinking if I should make it official with her sooner. You know I'm a jealousy type of man, right? I can't stay calm seeing her close with another man before I make her officially mine, afraid that she will get snatched by those jerk, while I'm busy focusing to my study. She is really pretty, you know. She has a weird habit sometimes but it makes her more adorable and cute. She is someone whom I can easily talk to about anything, she care for people and very funny."

 

"But I thought Hara was having a relationship before."

 

"She was. But who says something about Hara?"

 

"Then, who?"

 

He smirked mischievously. "Who do you have in your thoughts? "

 

Her heart skipped a beat. She really want to think about herself but her mind doubt it her.

 

It's impossible, maybe another girl, another classmate. But he never tells me anything about this mysterious girl.

 

She scoffs, "How should I know? You never tell anything about this girl before. "

 

He laughed. "I'm planning on telling you about her tonight." He stops walking and staring at her.

 

She felt her heart break into pieces. That's it. Her first heartbreak. She tried to fight her urge to cry, but her eyes failed her. It's obvious from the watery in her eyes. His smile grows wider seeing her reaction.

 

Jerk.

 

 

She bites her lower lips, keep avoiding seeing his eyes. "Sorry, I.. Suddenly, my body was not feeling well. I think I got a cold. Maybe next time you can tell me about her." She try to keep her tone as calm as she can. When she tried to start walking to her door, he grabbed her hand. "Are you really okay? I want to tell you right now hyun."

 

"I.. Please yong, not now okay?"

 

"Why are you crying, hyun? Are you jealous? Are you in love with me?"

 

"No, I'm not crying."

 

"So you're denying that you're crying but not in your feelings for me, right?  Just admit it hyun. You're in love with me."

 

"What's the matter with you? Why are you forcing me to admit that I'm in love with you when I.. I'm not." She can feel the blood taste from inside her lips when she bites it too hard to keep her feelings overflowing.

 

"If not then why are you crying? I know hyun, I can see it in your eyes. You are in love with me. Admit it."

 

So he know it and still force her to admit it when he is about to break her heart.

 

Jerk. Jerk. Jerk.

 

 

Now her urge to fall tears, just fall freely from her eyes. She can't keep it anymore.  "Why? So you can reject me and feeling at ease to confess to your girl? So you can make fun of my feelings because all of this time you know it but you just pretend to not know it and maybe laughing behind my back for my silliness of falling in love with my best friend?" She cried uncontrollably.

 

"No, hyun. It's so I can tell you that I'm in love with you, too."

 

She thinks she was daydreaming or start hearing things that too good to be true. But here she is in front of a man that she love who just confess that he loves her too.

 

"What?"

 

"I'm in love with you, silly. No Hara or other girl name, just you, Seo Joo Hyun. How can you not know when I obviously giving you my full attention, even others know. "He added, "I love you, even before we move here. You are funny, attentive, cute, pretty, even when your nose flaring so wide."

 

She smile and start to cry harder this time, no more sad tears but happiness fill her heart. She just can't believe that her feelings are not just one sided.

 

He smile and put his arms in her cheek, searching for her eyes. "Hyun.. I wanted to tell you this for so long but afraid that you are not ready yet so I always wait and wait for the right time..but I can't wait any longer... "

 

"Omg, look at your face. I take back what I said earlier about you being cute and pretty when your nose are flaring as wide as coin." he added.

 

She laughed and hit his chest.

 

"Ouch.. That's hurt. I don't know you are this kind of girl who likes using violence. I should reconsider my proposal to you." he said jokingly.

 

"Ha.. You deserve that, after what you've done to me."

 

He laughed and give her a big warm tight hug and said in her ear "what I did hyun, only loving you. I don't see there's something wrong with that."

 

"You sweet talker." she hug him back. "I love you."

 

He kissed the temple of her hair lovingly and breaks the comfortable silence. "... So ... You really thought that there is another girl that I like right? I can hear your hearts crack when I say I want to tell you about her. haha.. And the way you lie earlier saying you got cold.. Come on hyun, you are so bad at lying. I can tell right away."

 

"eyyy..choding. You bad guy, wait till I got you." She break the hug and hit him, chase him when he playfully running away from her. They running around happily, laughing around the block.

 

 

Sometimes the right time won't come miraculously without you even trying, the right time is come when you already decided to do it, stick to it, commit to do it, with no compromise.

 

The right time is supposed to be made.

 

And, it is only you who can make it.

 

END.

 

Author's note : 

So this is it..I'm not really confident to post it but i already finish it so I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoy write it. My first story of my favorite OTP with so many gramatical error i guess, please bear it with me, it's hard enough to make a sentence in english when you are not an active speaker.. keke..

leave some comments if you don't mind wether you like it or not. 

Thank you and enjoy. 

Hopefully Our Goguma land will harvest with so many joy and happiness, especially to our beloved couple.