D-10

Taemin's Birthday Bash!

 

 

Kai's POV

We just got back from overseas for our concert tour. Once I step out from the plane all I wanted to do is sleep.....for 2 days. I am soooo drained. Of course I love the whole crowd cheering my name but I need a freaking rest!


But then there comes the lovely friend of mine (read this in the most sarcastic way possible) asking me if we can go for a catch up and all. Stupidly, I agreed.
 

So here we are, on a certain restaurant that we usually go for fun. The two of us.
 

"Order everything you want" he says with a sly grin. I instantly know I'm in a big trouble

"Seriously lee taemin what is it that you have to take me to my favorite restaurant? This is so not you" With the exact same smile he once gave me when he trapped me into some embarrassing moment,

"because you're my best friend?"

"Because I'm your ONLY friend"

"No youre not"

"Yes I am"

"No you're....okay fine. Just order first and eat okay I'm starving"
 

So I order my favorite food, he should be grateful that my favorite food isnt the most expensive one. Wait, he shouldve been grateful that I'm his friend who is willing to put up with his divaness at the first place.
 

Yes taemints, your oppa is a diva.
 

Our foods come and we eat silently. Totally unlike usual. But I am too starving and all these foods are so yummy to even care. Well yes I do care, slightly, but again foods come first. That's my motto.
 

"Hmm Jongin ah" he calls me. He doesn't finished his meal which is slightly suspicious. I nod, allowing him to continue his talk "you remember my birthday right?"
 

OH CRAP HIS BIRTHDAY!!!! I almost forgot about it.
 

"Yes. July 18th" I retort. I do remember his birthday but yes with all these things happened, I almost forget that his birthday is coming really soon.
 

Wait! Why is he asking me about his birthday? This is getting really suspicious.
 

"Why?" I ask. I make sure my tone is terrifying enough to make him distort every single cunning plan in his mind.
 

"Well, because you are my best....yes my only thoughtful and devoted yet so faithful bestfriend I have. Dont you want to try make something special for me?"
 

"AHA I KNEW THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" I almost yell...okay I yelled.

"How-"

"Minho hyung" Then I tell him how Minho hyung called me yesterday. He asked me about all this Taemin's birthday thing as I am his best, nope, his only friend. I said I don’t know about those kind of things and he even told me to prepare but I thought it's just between his group. Ugh I should've known.

 

“okay, because you’re my best friend, your task is the simplest one” he says, mouth full with food. Eew. “so basically you just have to….managing them. Help them all. Watch them. Be their manager, I don’t care. You’re the main character here, oh wait that’s me. but what I’m trying to say is, you have to make sure they do everything on the list. Pretty simple right?”

 

“what the? It’s the hardest thing you ever ask me to do for the love of chicken Lee Taemin, they’re my sunbaenims!! I can’t just walk around and keep my eyes on them. I have job wait I have jobs to do!” I complain.

 

You know what he does next? He pouts. In front of my face like I’m going to melt like an ice cream with those pleading eyes and….oh yeah it works a little to be honest.

 

“Jongin, please….” He purposely scratches his words like a girlfriend trying to seduce his boyfriend to buy him a Gucci handbag.

 

I love Taemin. I really do. He’s one of, okay fine, he’s my bestest (yes that’s a word) friend in the industry and if I could do anything to make him happy, I would do it. this one is the hardest but, for the sake of our friendship…

 

“Yes” I say and he quickly moves to my side and hug me tight

 

“Thank you oppa!” ewww I have to go get a shower and scrub my ears and my cheeks once I get back home.