Drunk In Love

My Way. Your Way.

A/N: Thank you for all of your support! You have no idea how grateful I am and I really hope you will not be disappointed with the next chapter. I wanted this to be a series of one-shots that were not related to each other, but I've got all kinds of ideas and now I'll just follow Hyuna's struggle when it comes to love. A lot of new characters (even some that you don't expect) will come into the picture and some of them were hinted in the first two paragraphs of this chapter (I thought that it'd help if I introduced them right now, since my story didn't really have a well based beginning). Well...Enjoy! Also I might post an update again by the end of the week or in the following one (I don't really have free time. I have two more exams that are quite important.).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           Hyuna sat in her van, searching random things on her phone. She looked outside through the tinted window and saw Jihyun happily pinching Hyungsik’s cheek. She had agreed to look after the leader on her romantic escapades, because helping others deal with their problems seemed a lot easier than facing her own. She smiled sadly to herself, gaze falling back on the tiny screen. She’d always wondered if there was something wrong with her or if she had done anything disastrous in a past life. She didn’t know if it was just her bad luck or anything. Her bandmates were well off, every single one with their respective partner. Jihyun had met Hyungsik while filming for a show and no one had expected them, or anyone that was part of the cast, to actually date. But it happened and it was such a beautiful and adorable sight to see that ruining it would’ve turned you into a criminal. Even the maknae was in love and in a wonderful relationship with her guitar teacher, who was also a member of one of the most attractive boy bands in the industry, Hyunsik. The only one who was with a non-celebrity being Jiyoon, as the last, but not least, Gayoon, had a special someone in her heart, who went by the name of Doojoon.

           The girl opened the door and exited the car, waiting patiently for her presence to be acknowledged by the other two who were holding a staring contest. She coughed awkwardly, interrupting them, and her eyes fell on Jihyun’s feminine features. Her bandmate returned her gaze and smiled shyly, quickly letting go of Hyungsik’s hand and pushing it off of her bare thigh. “Umm, can you sit in the car or something? I want to take a walk. The air was a bit stuffy in there.” Hyuna asked, pouting a bit, just to make sure she got what she wanted. “Alright. That’s fine. But don’t be too late. In half an hour or so we’re going back to the dorms.” the leader replied, getting up and helping her lover follow suit.

***

           Hyuna crossed the bridge that was close to their spot and chose to go on a darker path, that was on the riverside. She kept walking until she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. The girl raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow and fished out of her pants the electronic device. She stared at the screen in disbelief, reading the message over and over again: “Let’s meet up. Me and Yoo Ji broke up.”.

           “Unnie~! You know I love you, right?” Hyuna said as she heard her bandmate sigh on the other line. “What is it this time?” Jihyun asked in return, seemingly a bit annoyed. “Umm, Hyunseung oppa called. He has a problem and he needs help. I can’t go back with you.”. She was met by silence and then heard a faint “ok”, right before the conversation was cut off by the “beep”. Hyuna texted the guy back, telling him the exact place where she was, near some basketball courts.

           After a few minutes, Hyunseung appeared, a plastic bag in his hand. He sat down, next to her, on the cold ground. “Soo…it’s over?” she questioned, biting her lower lip. He nodded and opened a bottle of beer, downing half of its contents. Hyuna’s eyes grew bigger when she noticed that, worrying about him getting drunk. Lots of things could happen in that situation, after all. “She said I can’t understand her and that I don’t even try. Am I that indifferent? I mean…I am not as egocentrical as she thinks I am. I do pay attention to others too. Right?” he rambled, frowning from time to time. She listened. She wanted to feel bad, but she couldn’t. Maybe he would see her in another light, now that he was single. At least she was the one he called, the one he desired to meet in a time like this. Although this could be a bad sign just as much as it was a good one. “You’re perfect just the way you are. Don’t worry too much. You’ll get wrinkles.” Hyuna told him, smiling, even though there was a chaos inside of her mind. She didn’t know if this was the moment to try and do something. Her feelings were becoming a burden for her and no longer a blessing as they were supposed to be. They say love is the most wonderful thing in this world. But she slowly realized that it had more negative aspects than positive. It hurt.

           Hyunseung sighed and turned his head in her direction. This time he didn’t look past her, but right in her eyes and she could spot a hint of sincerity on his features. “How can you be so good? I’ve treated you in a way I shouldn’t have ever since the day we’ve met, but still you’re here and you’re telling me such nice words. Why?” he replied, flashbacks related to their last fight invading his thoughts, coming along with the pang of guilt that was boiling deep down inside him. “I…I think it’s just the way I am.” she said laughing awkwardly and trying to avoid the real answer. “I love you.” was burning on the tip of her tongue and waiting to roll off of it, but only the thought of revealing her real feelings were making her feel nauseous. “And we’ve made a promise at that time. You do remember, don’t you? We’re a team.” she continued, this time more seriously. He seemed inclined to believe her. Her lies were the only truth he could see and agree with. Although his instinct was telling him that something was wrong, her words seemed so real and ended up tattooed on his brain.

           “You’re right. Beer?” he questioned handing her over one of the bottles that were still in the plastic bag. She eyed it suspiciously, before taking it from his hand, her fingers brushing against his and sending electrifying shivers down her spine. They remained like that until somewhere past two in the morning, them emptying all the bottles that Hyunseung had bought. She started to regret that she didn’t do anything to avoid her worries from earlier from becoming true, but right now it felt just too good. She had never seen him like that before, so it was totally worth, even with all her barriers taken down. The temptation to do something stupid was growing slowly, her heart beating faster than usual when Hyunseung’s hand would casually fall on her inner thigh.

           Their giggles could be heard in the entire park, as they finally got the chance to have a normal conversation, telling stories and making jokes. To her surprise, Hyunseung stopped mid-sentence, like a great idea just came into his mind. He smirked and his burning gaze fell on Hyuna’s small figure. He suddenly grabbed her legs, pulling her in his lap, his lips dangerously close to her neck. Her heart was beating incredibly fast and her hands were leisurely placed on his chest, feeling the vibrations as he spoke “I’ve never noticed how impressive you are. I guess we should’ve talked more or…”. At the last silable, his eyes travelled from her eyes, to her nose and down to her lips, with him biting his own tentatively. “Oppa, this is not right. I think I should…” she mumbled, struggling to evade from his embrace. “Come on! Just a little fun won’t hurt anyone.” he challenged, his devilish laugh filling her ears. “It will hurt me.” she thought, eyeing him worriedly.

           “Hyunseung, it’s already getting late and you’ve just broken up with Yoo Ji and we’re drunk, or something close to that, and…” the girl started, but was cut off by a finger placed carefully on her lips. “So soft…” he trailed on, moving his thumb across her lower lip. Her eyes widened and her hands gently grabbed his shirt, tightening her grip as Hyunseung’s face got closer to hers. “I’m so proud. I have such a pretty dongsaeng. What shall I do to stop others from taking advantage of her?” he questioned, grinning, a playful twinkle in his eyes. She felt her heart sank. She knew what he meant and she insinuated something else. She wanted to run and burry her head deep down in the earth, just like an ostrich. “What were you thinking of?” he continued, batting his long eyelashes innocently. She gulped and got up from his lap, realizing too late that he had already loosened his embrace since before she did that. Hyuna brushed off her clothes the inexistent dust and coughed awkwardly. “I’m going back to the dorm. I have to wake up early.” the words came out, seemingly the only ones she could master, since her legs were slowly giving out. She was dizzier than she thought she would be.

           Hyunseung lifted himself up from the ground, more stable on his feet than she was. He smirked and grabbed her wrist when she was just about to leave, turning her around to face him. “I know. Everything. That’s the real reason we broke up. I just wanted to verify if what she told me was true.” he let out, face only inches apart from hers, hot breath caressing her trembling lips, the boy enjoying the horror on her face “Mine.”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: In case you don't know who Yoo Ji is (she's not a fictional character), here's some details:

She is from Bestie and she's born on the 2nd of January 1991 (She debuted in EXID, then in Bestie). She filmed Immortal Song with Hyunseung and they had to do a couple dance!