After The Show, The Lights Go Out

My Way. Your Way.

           “How could you do that?! That’s really unprofessional, you know?” he spat out as soon as they got off stage. Her attitude really seemed to have bothered him, although the fans loved it. “I won’t do it again. I promise!” she replied in almost a whisper, trying to defend herself. Her heart was sinking and she could almost hear it drown in desperation. She sat down on the couch in their changing room, wiping the sweat off her face with a wet towel. He was angrily walking around, their silence becoming uncomfortable for the ones that were around them. “Please, give us a minute alone.” he finally said, looking up around him at the staff members. She gulped and turned around, biting her lower lip to stop it from trembling. She was so, so scared. She didn’t like fighting with him, but it seemed that their relationship was only based on that. They never exchanged too many words, except for the ones that were necessary. And even with all of that, she still preferred this over nothing. She had gotten used to it anyway, to every death glare and spiteful word, because that was all she could notice.

           As soon as the door was closed, he got closer, looking at her dangerously. “Oppa…I’m sorry. It wasn’t even broadcasted. It’s not that bad.” she spoke, her lines not helping the situation at all. “I don’t care! Next time, stop improvising! For ’s sake, is it that difficult to just do what we always do?! You don’t ing have to act like a child on stage! Our concept is y! I get it that you’re nothing like that, but at least try and if you really can’t, just be serious and I’ll do the rest.” he yelled, towering over her. His piercing gaze made her shake uncontrollably, his words reaching and touching exactly the most sensitive spots. She backed away, hitting the wall and staring at her feet, trying to suppress the tears that were threatening to appear. “I-I-I’m s-s-s-sorry.” she muttered under her breath, Hyunseung barely catching what she had just said. He cupped her wet cheek, feeling the hot tears warming up his hand. He lifted her head, uniting their foreheads, forcing her to look up at him. “Hyuna, listen. I know we have a complicated relationship. I’m this harsh with you, because I care. I want you to do well. You know how mean other people can be. They’ll eat you up, no matter how small your mistake is. You’re my little sister, ok?” he told her in a softer and gentler voice, then placing a chaste kiss on the top of her head.

           And even if he wasn’t aware of it, the sound of her heart breaking was the only thing she could concentrate on. She loved him too. The difference was that she saw him as more than just a brother.

           “Yes. I guess I am.” she replied, forcing a smile on her lips. “Let’s both change for the better. I promise I will be the best oppa for you as long as you keep your word too. I love you.” he continued, hugging her tightly. He thought she was crying even harder, because they sorted it out. She was actually dying even more on the inside.