Prologue

Hello Baby Exo


An unexpected knock startled the rowdy members who were at the living room, enjoying another episode of runningman. The knock echoed around the room eerily, causing the members to exchange looks of bewilderment.

"God. Who is it at this hour?" Kyungsoo groaned, breaking the unusual silence. He swore he would kill someone if it was another of those annoying creepy fans that dedicated their lives into stalking them. 

"Maknae! Go and get it." Luhan ordered condescendingly, much to Sehun's annoyance.

He grumbled grudgingly, along the lines of 'Maknae this. Maknae that. I'm not your maid stupid' as he trudged towards the door wearily and unwillingly. 

His fingertips rested on the cool surface of the door knob, it was so cold that it made him retract his hand. Ignoring the chilling cold, he hesitantly opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a smiling man in a crisp suit. 

The man was probably in his late twenties, looking more eager and excited than a fan. He immediately gave Sehun a slight bow and grabbed his hand, shaking it very hard. "Hello there I'm the director of Hello Baby, call me PD Lee," he said whilst still gripping Sehun's hand. He looked over his shoulder in search for the other members. "May I speak to you and the rest of Exo?" he entreated.

Sehun looked at the director with a blank look on his face, his mind in a daze from the older man's big burst of enthusiasm. He bowed back to the director before nodding his head and leading him into the living room.

The members noticed the arrival of the unexpected guest as they stood up immediately, abruptly ending their television time together.

Suho gave them a look before they chanted while bowing at the same time. "We are One! We are Exo!" 

The director nodded feverishly, a bright smile plastered on his face. He extended his hand, shaking Suho's hand since he was the leader after all. 

"What brings you here today, Mr Lee?" Suho entreated.

Mr Lee beamed, booming at the top of his lungs in an overly cheerful manner, much to their dislike. "Well, I would like to invite you guys to be our next boy band to participate in our variety show Hello Baby where you'll be looking after kids. I've already informed your company and manager who agreed to it. I can't wait to work with you guys."

The reaction was rather varied. With Luhan the air excitedly, yelling 'Yes' to Kai groaning in response, mumbling to himself along the lines of 'I'm bad with kids god I'm going to die.' to Lay who has a blank look on his face. 

"We can't wait to work with you too, Mr Lee. Thank you so much for inviting us to the programme. It's a honor." Kris added, bowing to Mr Lee once again. 

"Filming starts in a few days time. You are to bring one item for filming please. The production crew will explain to you what you'll be doing on the day itself. So I'll be going off now, I have another schedule. Bye." Mr Lee finished off with a slight bow before making his way out of the door.

***

"What did you think he meant when he said," Baekhyun dramatically drew an imaginary semi circle in the air "bring one item for filming." He cocked his head to one side.

The surprise visit from Mr Lee had left the members dumbfounded. It was not every day they got casted for their very own variety show, especially if it was a prestige show like Hello Baby and the PD had even taken the trouble of coming all the way to their dorm just to inform them of the very news. Everyone was actually rather excited about having to star in their own show again. Weeks before the announcement, they had been discussing on the show they wanted to participate and Hello Baby had tied first along with We Got Married.

"Baek, there's obviously no meaning in that. Just bring an item you want to bring; gosh." Chanyeol answered.

"I'm excited just thinking about it. I mean it's so fun to get the chance to do it." Luhan lilted excitedly, eyes crinkling. 

"It's way better than practicing our dance routines or lazing around watching drama re runs." Sehun added, much to the members agreement. 

"Exactly. I'm already thinking what I should bring." Suho crooned

"I'm going to bring snacks." Lay declared.

"I'm not sure what to bring yet. Probably something for the kids." Luhan said thoughtfully. 

"We don't even know how many kids there's going to be yet." Baekhyun replied.

"Do you think it's going to be a boy or a girl or maybe both?" Luhan questioned.

"Why are you guys so excited? Can I not go." Jongin muttered almost inaudibly but Kyungsoo had heard what he said despite the chattering that hasn't stopped since Mr Lee had left.

"You look so down Jongin. Why don't you want to go?" Kyungsoo asked, plumping himself next to Kai, scooting in closer to hear the younger's reason.
"No Hyung. I'm really serious. I'm so scared I'll mess up and everyone will hate me" Jongin trembles at the thought. What if he was carrying the child and the floor was slippery. Oblivious, he walks past the floor that was wet and he slips. The child falls out of his arms and hits the floor. He shook his head as he snapped out of his reverie. 

"I promise whatever happens, they won't hate you. Well, they might but I won't." Kyungsoo had a promising look on his face, giving Jongin a reassuring quick thumbs up. Jongin couldn't help but smile at the comment. 

"God, Jongin were you even listening to us?." Sehun asked, rolling his eyes.

"Uh uh what exactly did you guys say?" Jongin asked, his eyes morphing into that of a puppy which was unusual for him to behave in this manner. He swore it was the effect of the mere thought of taking care of the kids. He could almost hear Baekhyun whispering 'Not cool dude. Not cool' 

"You could have just said you weren't listening. Anyways, because they wanted us to bring an item, some of us are going to use this perfect chance to go out since manager Hyung forbids us from leaving the dorm for no good reason. So are you in?" Sehun jabbered in one go, only expecting a 'yes' as the answer.

"Not today. I'll just be watching some tv and maybe help out Kyungsoo and Jongdae with dinner." Jongin replied dejectedly.

"You? Help? Since when were those two words placed in a sentence." Lay quipped, sarcasm dripping from his words.

"I can already feel the love Hyung. I just feel a little tired today. I mean all the dancing and strenuous practice was a little hard on me today." Jongin answered, heaving a heavy sigh.

"Since when did dancing make you this tired. Your loss then. We'll be back for dinner." Sehun said, before leaving with Luhan, Lay, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho. 

"Gosh they didnt even wave goodbye." Kyungsoo muttered. Jongin barely heard him; staring at the door as it closed with a resounding 'bam'. Jongin half hoped that they would get something for him though he seriously doubted so.

To be honest, Jongin was downright nervous. He could tell Sehun didn't really believe his excuses and at one point; had raised his eyebrows. Fortuitously there was probably some sort of mutual understanding 

{enjoy. Sorry this took so long.School is tiring and I have so many deadlines and oh gahd life. Btw This is Ana. I write most of the fanfic}