their favourite non-ual activity

Domesticity

their favourite non-ual activity
Woohyun puts another plate into the drier, picking up the next one from the stack in the sink as Sungyeol wanders around the kitchen being his usual unhelpful self (admittedly, the last time he tried to wash the plates with Woohyun, Woohyun had gotten so horrified at his opinion of a ‘clean’ plate that he’d banned him from all dishwashing until further notice). “Have you the heater yet?” he asks idly.

“Yeah, I have.” Sungyeol walks over, peering inquisitively over Woohyun’s shoulder. “How much longer is this going to take?”

“Awhile?” Woohyun answers dryly. “It’s two days’ worth of plates.” He wanted to wash them yesterday, but Sungyeol was—distracting.

Sungyeol groans exaggeratedly, and Woohyun rolls his eyes. “Can’t we just leave them? This is taking forever.”

“Hell no. Do you want me to spend the rest of tomorrow night washing plates?” Woohyun sticks another plate into the drier. “Anyway, why are you so impatient? Can’t you find your own entertainment while I’m occupied?”

Sungyeol snorts. “Occupied. You make it sound like the dishes are so important.” Sungyeol slings an arm around his shoulders, dragging Woohyun closer and almost making him drop the plate. Woohyun’s annoyed retort is on the tip of his tongue, but Sungyeol continues, “I just wanted to remind you that Sunggyu-hyung’s birthday is next week.”

“I know that, and?” Woohyun raises an eyebrow. “Are you dying to go shopping or something?”

“No,” Sungyeol answers, glaring at Woohyun. “God, you’re so dense. It’s his birthday! Don’t tell me you seriously forgot that we planned—”

“Oh, right!” Woohyun puts the plate down, looking over at Sungyeol. “But it’s next week. Didn’t we decide on the toothpaste, anyway?”

“Yeah, we did. But I just had this awesome idea.” Sungyeol grins, leaning closer. “Screw the dishes. Let’s go have a conference.” He unsubtly tightens the arm he has around Woohyun’s shoulder.

Woohyun stares at Sungyeol. He’s looking at Woohyun so intently it would be kind of hot if they weren’t just discussing their latest prank and his hands weren’t covered in soap suds. As it is, he ends up focusing on other things, like the way Sungyeol’s mouth is just barely pouting (he probably doesn’t even notice he’s doing it), or how long his eyelashes are, or the look in his eyes that’s absolutely certain Woohyun won’t say no. Woohyun can’t help smirking a little when he notices that last one, turning on the tap again to wash his hands.

“We can have a conference while I do the dishes, because I don’t want to do three days’ worth tomorrow and our sink can’t hold that many dishes anyway.”

He always loves thwarting Sungyeol.

What?” Sungyeol exclaims in disbelief when Woohyun actually does pick up the abandoned plate and starts scrubbing it again. “Seriously, Woohyun? Do you actually like doing the dishes or something?”

Woohyun snorts. “No, not really. But you’re not going to do them—and in fact I would really like it if you stayed far, far away from them—and someone’s going to have to do it.” Honestly, who liked doing dishes?

“But you’re saying no to a conference in favour of washing dishes.” Sungyeol emphasises conference, though not without reason—while their conferences generally do involve plenty of discussion and planning, they usually devolve into a lot more touching after awhile (though not always much less talking, because Woohyun likes bantering with Sungyeol as much as he enjoys having with him). “I can’t believe you. Are you for real?”

“Yes, I am,” Woohyun deadpans. “Take it or leave it. Or just wait until I finish the dishes off—it won’t take that long.”

“You’re such a housewife sometimes. Honestly, who cares if there’s a stain or two on a plate? We’re the only ones who use them on a daily basis, and even among our possible guests the only person who would really complain is Myungsoo—can you imagine Dongwoo-hyung noticing whether his plate has a stain or not?” Sungyeol complains.

“You’re such a slob. Not everyone’s like you, Yeol,” Woohyun says seriously.

“Yeah, there are people like you who insist on washing every plate until it glitters, like you’re in an ad or something. Seriously! Nobody cares! Let’s just—”

Woohyun cuts Sungyeol off with a kiss, because that’s the best way to shut him up. It’s a little annoying how he has to crane his neck to do that, but soon Sungyeol’s sinking a hand into his hair and holding him in place and it doesn’t matter. “Your complaints,” Woohyun says a little breathlessly when they pull apart, “are only going to make me take longer. But if you really want that conference—”

“Don’t kid me, Nam Woohyun, you want it just as much as me. Don’t pretend you’re humouring me.” Sungyeol leans in. “So, anyway. Bedroom?”

Woohyun glances at the stack of plates briefly—he’s already washed about half of them, really. It actually hasn’t been all that annoying either, although of course there are way more dishes to wash now than when he lived alone. But although living with Sungyeol means dozens more chores—Woohyun wouldn’t exchange this for anything. What would life be if he didn’t get to snark at Sungyeol?

Well—he’s already washed about a day’s worth, so after tomorrow, there’ll be two days’ worth again. Woohyun supposes he can live with that. “Bedroom,” he concedes. “So what’s this great idea you have for Sunggyu-hyung’s birthday?”

Sungyeol grins victoriously, eyes bright as he drags Woohyun away from the sink before he can change his mind. “It’s awesome. Just wait, you’re going to die when I tell you. It’s even better than what we came up with for Dongwoo’s birthday prank.”

Woohyun snorts. “That’s a big assumption.”

“Don’t look down on me,” Sungyeol scoffs, pulling Woohyun out of the kitchen and promptly closing the door. “I’m just that awesome, and you’re going to agree with me once I tell you.”

“Yeah, so tell me already.” Woohyun leads the way to their bedroom.

In the end, chores really can’t match up to this.