who uses all the hot water in the morning

Domesticity

who uses all the hot water in the morning
“Woohyun, get up.”

Sungyeol’s voice is really muffled and kind of unintelligible. Woohyun groans when he feels Sungyeol getting out of bed, but can’t be bothered to move. “Two minutes,” he mumbles, burying his face in the pillow. How the hell does Sungyeol wake up so fast?

“Just get your out of bed. I’m going to shower.” Woohyun hears Sungyeol padding sleepily over to the bathroom, swearing as he bumps against something. He stirs a little, opening his eyes, but Sungyeol’s just absently rubbing his elbow, so he figures it can’t be too severe. He closes his eyes again, sighing. After a moment, he hears water running in the bathroom.

He figures he should probably get out of bed soon, but he can’t be bothered—it’s warm and comfy and the sheets smell like Sungyeol. Too soon, though, he hears the sound of water being turned off, and Sungyeol shuffling around in the bathroom as he gets dressed.

“What the hell, you’re still in bed?” Sungyeol sounds mostly amused, and Woohyun cracks an eye open, ostensibly to glare at him—but , wait, he didn’t actually get dressed. He’s just wearing a towel around his waist. What the hell? “Get out, lazy . I didn’t think you’d actually stay in bed for so long.”

“Why are you not wearing a shirt?” Woohyun mumbles, slowly sitting up. He also notices that Sungyeol’s hair is dripping, a trail of water snaking down his neck and chest and—damn. What the is Sungyeol trying to do, drive him crazy? It’s too early in the morning for this.

“Because I’m still wet, idiot.” Sungyeol rakes a hand through his hair, scattering water droplets over the floor. Woohyun finally struggles out of bed, unable to resist pulling Sungyeol down for a kiss. Sungyeol’s surprisingly receptive—doesn’t even complain about his morning breath or anything—but Woohyun soon pulls away, beginning to feel the need to actually get clean nag at him.

“I should shower,” he says reluctantly, casting another glance at Sungyeol’s bare torso. “Also, everyone’s entitled to sleep in on a weekend. You just wake up insanely—inhumanly fast.” Sungyeol’s never that fast about waking up when he actually needs to get somewhere. It’s only on days like these when he has absolutely no obligations that he seems perfectly willing to get out of bed.

Sungyeol just grins in reply, teasingly patting Woohyun’s shoulder and leaving a wet handprint on his shirt. “Well, if you want to keep up with my pace, you could just brush your teeth and come out again. You’re going to have to take another shower soon anyway…”

“No, thanks, I’d rather clean up.” As tempting as Sungyeol is, Woohyun hates not taking a shower in the morning—and anyway, Sungyeol will still be waiting for him when he’s done. They have a whole weekend ahead of them. “Just give me a moment. Go… get dressed or something.”

“You sure I should bother?” Sungyeol calls over his shoulder, and Woohyun rolls his eyes, not bothering to dignify that with a reply. (The thought of Sungyeol waiting around in nothing but his towel is kind of hot.)

Woohyun stumbles into the shower after brushing his teeth, flinching at the initial coldness of the water. He jerks out of its reach, poking at the stream of water every now and then while he waits for it to heat up.

But it doesn’t. And it doesn’t. Before long, Woohyun quickly realises what that means.

“What the ,” he swears aloud, and pokes his head out of the shower box. “Lee Sungyeol, get back in here! You used up all the hot water again!”

The only answer he gets is a laugh, and Woohyun swears again, ducking under the cold water with a wince. He’s so getting his revenge on Sungyeol for this.