Dress Like You're Going To Meet Your Worst Enemy Today

Do I Wanna Know?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapterone Dress like you're going to meet your worst enemy today.

 Author's POV

 

Waking up in South Korea had been a dream of Annabel Lee's since she was in sixth grade. Now, she's a sophomore, and she's ready to attend Royals High School as a foreign exchange student for a year. She's fluent in Korean and English, so she's ready to converse with everyone and make this a year to remember. Little does she know, she's about to have a very, very eventful year ahead of her.

 

-

 

Annabel Lee's POV

 

I dressed myself in the school uniform. I put on the skirt, and realized it was a bit short and wouldn't be acceptable for school in America, but then I shrugged and gave up on the thought. I had watched enough K-Dramas to realize that this fashion was popular in South Korea. I curled my waist-length blonde hair, and thought about how it would stand out in contrast to the dark brown/black hair of the Koreans. I applied dark mascara and light eyeshadow and blush. Then, I put on high heel boots, but not the ones where a girl couldn't possibly walk. I had some common sense. I looked at myself in the mirror while applying a light pink lipgloss. Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. My mom eyed me and remarked,"Well you look fancy." I laughed and gave her a wink, replying,"Like CoCo Chanel said,'Dress like you're going to meet your worst enemy.'" She laughed along and then gave me a granola bar. I then headed outside to see my chauffer ready to drive me to school in a slick black limo. A small smirk played on my lips. Oh, I am so ready.

 

-

 

Thirty minutes later we arrived at school. I was late, which was fine with me. I'll just look on the bright side and say I'm fashionably late. I waved to my driver and thoroughly checked my appearance before I opened the door of the limousine and stepped out. My heels clacked on the pavement, and I opened the doors to the gigantic school. The halls were empty, so I walked straight to the main office which was convienently located by the front of the school. The secretary immediately looked up and widened her eyes saying,"You must be Annabel Lee. Here's your schedule. Since you're late and you're new, I'll let it pass. Also here's a school map. Enjoy! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask a teacher, me, or a student!" I bowed and said a polite thank you while grabbing my belongings and walked out the office. Looking at my schedule and map, my first period was English, lucky for me. It was also upstairs, so I walked up the stairs of the school and to the classroom.

 

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door of the classroom and walked in. Everyone turned towards me and the teacher stopped the lesson to see who entered the room. It was so silent that you could hear a pen drop. I smiled brightly and walked in towards the teacher, eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter