Little Star `작은별

PLAY — Little Star

CHAPTER 01

Please Let My Star Rise On Your Night


JUNG Eunji flopped the book she was reading onto the table and mentally groans. Her heart is aching but what can she do about it? Perhaps if she cry, the pain will lessen. Too bad crying over a guy is not her style. Especially for a guy like Baekhyun.

That , she gritted. But again, just like her Baekhyun didn't choose people he wants to love, right?

Because if she were to choose, she'd rather fall for the class clown Kim Jongdae— or the student council's president Kim Joonmyeon. Anyone but her idiotic, dumb, stupid and annoying best friend Byun Baekhyun.

And Baekhyun chose to fall for Hanlim's prettiest female student, Kim Taeyeon sunbae.

Eunji unconciously pout as she thinks of her one sided crush to her bestfriend.

"But I like you first you idiot"

Then her mind wandered to what happened earlier. Of how Baekhyun's face unusually glow today. And during lunch break she can still remember those words he whispered to her, with that ever so stupid grin on his face.

"I'm dating Taeyeon noona now"

Good thing one is only she can hear her heart shattering. Good thing two is she can still force a smile.

"Oh, r-really? Damn, congratz idiot. Although I pity Taeyeon sunbae for having an like you as boyfriend"

But Baekhyun were too happy to get upset over her harsh words as he just chuckles before stealing glances at Taeyeon's table. That annoys Eunji to hell. She hopes she can disappear from that place right away.

Then again, she's the one who encourage Baekhyun to confess.

'I'm his bestfriend so of course I should support him. It's not like Taeyeon sunbae will give him a chance anyway"

Big. Fat. Wrong.

How can Taeyeon sunbae like him enough to accept him as her boyfriend? He's a junior, just like her. He's noisy, annoying, a prankster, a brat, a lazybutt, can sing well, cute, has a very beautiful smile, and the way his mouth will turn to a rectangle shape when he flashes his grins, his beautiful heart--

"Oh"

Maybe she's not the only one that notice that side of Baekhyun. That side that made her fall for him.

Walking to the riverbank, Eunji stops as she watches how the skies reddening as the sun were about to set. Riverside is the best. The comforting breeze and all. Been a long time since she last visit this place to comfort herself.

It's ever since she befriended with Baekhyun. That idiot guy who filled up her days.

Suddenly the soft breeze feel so cruel.

"Be strong Eunji" 

Eunji looks at the sky and sees a twinkle. She lays down on the grass, still looking at the dim star.

 

Twinkle twinkle little star, please shine on me

How about now? Am I okay looking now?

 

Eunji can't help but to chuckles to herself. Having no Baekhyun around; since he's busy with his girlfriend now; really makes her feel lonely.

Star. Baekhyun is her star. The star that makes her dark skies prettier. Eunji closes her eyes. Rather than asking "Why not me" she just decides to let her feeling go with the wind.

 

Please let my star rise on your night

 

Baekhyun has found his star. That's why he looks so happy, and somehow she's happy that he's happy.

Afterall, during her hard times Baekhyun were the one who are there for her. Singing to her comforting song with his soothing voice.

"He made me happy before, it just right that I'm happy he found his happiness. His star."

 

Star, beautiful star, how can I shine like you, star?

Will I be able to be someone’s star as well?

 

Eunji smiles. The breeze now feels so comforting. It's okay. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

"Let's not suffer! Jung Eunji, you're too young to waste your time hurting like this!"

 

Star, beautiful star, if I could, I want to shine as well

I want to be a small star that shines on someone

 

"You! I've finally found you!"

Eunji jumped from hearing that shouting from her behind. She quickly sits up and turn her body to the voice. A tall dude standing about 7 meters from her with a bicycle next to him is staring at her with his pair of big eyes. 

Found her what? She doesn't even know this dude.

 

 


a/n i wrote this some time after baekyeon happened back then but never published it, so pls understand the baekyeon over here xD and feel free to mention any grammar error that bother you QuQ i would like to fix it too haha *^*;;