Mix Up

Mix Up

Ryosuke should be slapping himself right now. At the moment, he was in their school computer laboratory and was editing some pictures for the school paper. Their pretty editor-in-chief, Mirai, wanted to get everything done that day. He’d already finished them a few minutes ago, right now he was gazing at pictures of Mirai. Yeah, he had the biggest crush on her but was just too chicken to confess, thus scheming with his photographer friend Yuto to take pictures of her for his own collection. Kinda creepy but he didn’t do anything bad with the pictures, just stared at them. She just looked so pretty. And she was smart too, that got Ryosuke’s gears grinded. Not to mention she wasn’t like other girls who stared at a mirror all day. He smiled at one picture of him and Mirai, Yuto took the moment when they were holding up peace signs in their school garden after eating lunch. Kirei naaa. Was it too sissy that the folder names was Mira, Suki da ?

“Oi Ryou!”

Ryosuke almost jumped from his seat. He immediately exited the folder with all of Mirai’s pictures and was glad to see that it was only Yuto who entered. That was close.

He opened the pictures of the sports fest he had just edited and pretended to be checking if they were alright.

“Oh don’t fret Ryou, I’m not interested in your .” Yuto teases.

“It wasn’t .” Ryosuke replied with a small sneer.

Yuto approached him nonetheless also taking a look at the pictures. “Oh, those look good, Mirai-chan will love them.”

“I bet.” Ryosuke whispered.

Yuto shook his head knowingly. “Oh hey, I’ll give them to Mirai, give me the USB…”

“Oh sure…” Ryosuke clicked the folder close but then his phone started ringing in his bag. “Ah chotto ne.”

He stood up and grabbed the bag before rummaging in it for his phone. “Moshi moshi?” His mother’s voice bellowed through the phone asking him when he’ll be home and blah blah…

“Hai okaa-chan… hai hai, love you too.” Ryosuke whispered.

He turned to see a smiling Yuto teasingly looking at him. “Aww, sweet Ryou loves his mom.”

“Shut up as if you don’t love your mother.”

Yuto only laughed in answer. “Anyway I got the USB.” He said, waving the small device. “I’ll see you then after I give this to Mirai.” He walked away, camera bag slightly swinging.

Ryosuke shook his head and started fixing his things. He needed to head on home since his mom and his sisters would be shopping while his dad would still be at work.

Once he finished his things, he turned back to the computer and started to take the other USB out when he realized… this was the USB with the pictures for the school paper. If he had this… Yuto had…

Faster than lightning, Ryosuke ran through the hallways although it was forbidden. Mirai would probably at the school paper’s office which was at the third floor. Good thing he was the fastest runner in their grade. He ran as fast as his feet would bring him. Oh gosh, Mirai would see those pictures! Why was this school so big anyways?! He had to reach the end of the building before he could get to some stairs.

Reaching the second floor, he almost bumped into Yuto.

“YUTO!”

“Whoa! What’s wrong?!”

Panting, Ryosuke pulled his friend along. “Did you give the USB to Mirai? Where is she?”

“She’s at the office!”

“You took the wrong one!”

“Eh?!”

Like idiot dogs they ran through the hallways, people starting to look at them until they reached the office. And there was Mirai. Gosh she looks beautiful. The lone USB stayed on top of the computer table while she was fixing some papers. Thank Kami-sama she hadn’t opened it yet!

“Ah Mirai-chan!”

Mirai looked up, showing surprise before a small smile crawled up her face.

“Ryou… Yuto.” She greeted.

Ryosuke immediately approached her with a small nervous smile. She grabbed the USB on the table top before laying the right one down on it.

“There was a mix up, this is the right USB.”

Mirai slowly nodded her head. “Ah sou ka…” She smiled. “I was actually heading on home and going to work on it tomorrow so I could concentrate.”

Ryosuke and Yuto both sighed in relief. Then Yuto spoke up. “You two go on ahead, I still need to finish up some photos.” He left them but not before smiling widely at Ryosuke.

“Chotto ne Ryou-kun.” Mirai said as she fixed up her things.

When she was finished, they headed back to the computer lab so Ryosuke could close the computer he forgot and also pick his things up.

“It’s a good thing we live in the same neighborhood ne.” Mirai smiled up at him.

Ryosuke was feeling really sweaty. Kami-sama please help me. He was always like this whenever he was with Mirai. She was just so awesome, from how she was the best leader to the cutest girl in class. He was spacing out as they walked home and he realized that Mirai was chuckling at him.

“Oh , I was spacing out, g-gomen.”

“You’re cute Ryou-kun.” Mirai said.

Well if that didn’t make his heart flutter.

Her house was closer and so they went there first. When at the door, Ryosuke smiled and waved goodbye. “Jaa, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He turned to walk away when Mirai called out.

“Ryou!”

He turned back and was surprised when in a split second, Mirai reached out and softly kissed him.

Kami-sama if I am dreaming let the alarm clock be broken.

But he wasn’t dreaming. Mirai pulled back with  a soft smile on her face. “See you tomorrow.” And with that she ran inside her house.

Ryosuke didn’t know how he made it to his house because he felt he was on drugs. But nonetheless, he plopped down in-front of his computer and plugged in the USB he had for his Mirai collection only to realize that the folder name had been changed. It now read; Mirai mo Ryosuke ga suki. His breath hitched and when he looked inside, there was a brand new selfie picture of Mirai blowing a kiss to him.

In that moment, he thought he was going to pass out.