~

er for Soccer 2

"You're watching the game later, yes?" Luhan eagerly asked, deep brown eyes twinkling with excitement as he waits for his girlfriend's answer, bouncing from his left foot to his right as the two stood in front of each other in the bustling hallway of their school building one Thursday morning.

 

Miyoung frowned a bit before zipping open her backpack which is slinging heavily in one petite shoulder, pinkish lips pouting as she looked at him after opening her locker door. "Han, we have this very important meeting at the lab for the upcoming Chemistry competition after school. I can't miss it."

 

"But Miyoung," he whined, carding his fingers through his hair which is now back to its natural color black. "You promised me that you'll cheer for me. It's semi-finals. If we win this game, we're going to the nationals." Grabbing his girlfriend's hands with his own, he put on his best kicked puppy face and begged with his eyes locking on hers. "I need you to be there. Please."

 

She bit his lips and looked down, brown locks falling down her shoulders and slightly covering her rosy cheeks. She withdrew her hands from him, making the boy's face fell. "This Chem competition is for nationals, too. So it's also important for me," she muttered.

 

A junior ran past the couple, but not before saying a cheery "good morning unnie! See you later!" to Miyoung and shyly bowing at Luhan. Miyoung looked up and smiled at the girl, afterwards looking at her boyfriend, shrugging lightly at him.

 

He sighed in defeat and said in a very glum tone that was nothing less than the opposite of the voice he had minutes ago, "alright then. I understand."

 

"Thanks, Han," she grabbed his hand this time and squeezed it lightly before smiling widely, her eyes turning into crescent-shape ones that Luhan love love love seeing. "I'll cheer for you later at the field," she said so casually.

 

She let go of his hand and stuffed the unnecessary books she doesn't need in her first period back inside her locker and shouldered her backpack properly. She dusted a picture off with her thumb while smiling at it─a printed wallet size selca of her and Luhan at the soccer field taped at the backside of her locker door. She tightly shut her locker and twisted it locked.

 

"What?" Luhan asked, his disappointed expression suddenly washed away with what seemed like a very cute combination of confusion and surprise. He tilted his head to the right, eyebrows furrowed and lips pouting as he blinked his doe eyes several times.

 

Miyoung giggled at the sight of him looking like a lost puppy. Suddenly, realization dawned on Luhan's face and he huffed.

 

"You," Luhan suddenly glared at her, stepping forward so she's looking up at him. Geez, why is he a head taller than her?

 

"Me?" Miyoung squeaked when she felt his hands grabbing her shoulder, lightly though firm.

 

He narrowed his eyes at her and stare for a few seconds, scrutinizing every beautiful feature her face has, like the cute v-shape forming between her eye brows, eye lashes fluttering under the flourescent light, cheeks that are flushing red and red the longer he looks at her. His gaze fell lowerto that pair of pink lips that are holding back a sly smile, and he gulped.

 

"What about me?" she taunted, her eyes meeting his.

 

"What games are you playing with me right now, Hwang?"

 

"Not playing games with you," she said, still holding back a smile.

 

"Oh yeah?" he scoffed, arching an eyebrow. "You're tricking me though. Yah, if I lose my cool later at the game, I'm going to blame you."

 

Miyoung let out a laugh before pushing Luhan back, giving her space to breathe. She dusted his right shoulder with her left hands before patting him in mock assurance, "don't worry, Han. You can't lose something you don't have."

 

Luhan looked behind her head then and laughed without humor. He flipped his fringe (Bieber style) and looked at her."I'll show you cool later, if that's what you want."

 

"Sure. Whatever you say, mister," she smirked, and he smirked back.

 

Oh, how Luhan love these kind of little moments with Miyoung. Like nothing really changes in their friendship, but you know everything is different. Five months of being together in an exclusive relationship changes everything around them. Their friendship got stronger, bickerings ensue more often than before, and the cheesy, mushy moments happens time after time that even their circle of friends got sick of them and could barely stand being in a 2-meter radius near the two when they're with each other. However, the same thing couldn't be said at the rest of the student body who treats Luhan and Miyoung as the campus' golden couple.

 

The first bell rang, and the two had to cut off their staring battle as they both need to get to class soon.

 

Luhan was the first to speak, his gaze softening as he asked, "hey, you sure you're not ditching your club meeting just to watch the game?"

 

Shaking her head and smiling gently at the concern look in her boyfriend's face, Miyoung said, "since I'm the head of the club, I decided to move the meeting. We'll have it tomorrow instead, still after classes. My members agreed anyway so it's clearly settled, since some of them wants to watch the game as well." She circled her left arm to his right as they started walking to their first class. "Don't worry, I won't miss your game for anything."

 

Luhan grinned, "that's great then. So you love soccer now?"

 

"I don't," she quickly answered, "but I love you, so…" She let go of him again and sauntered inside their room, leaving him in front of the door blushing like a mad man.

 

 


 

 

"Look at them," a sophomore boy with brown locks and handsome face murmured to another sophomore boy with black hair and a fringe the color of a grapefruit. "Dude, they are so disgusting," said brown-haired boy cringed from behind his locker door as the two watched a couple talked to each other at the far side of the hallway.

 

"I really like Luhan sunbaenim's McM bag. It's so cool." said the other boy.

 

Brown-haired boy nudged him then, "seriously, Bambam? You're admiring him? I thought we're in this together?"

 

"Technically, I'm admiring sunbae's bag. But yeah sure, he's admirable. Just look at him, Mark. Look at them. They're so perfect for each other," he sighed dreamily. Mark gave him a judging-you look.

 

"I am looking. And I am disgusted. Since when did noona even become so sweet to him? She used to smack him with her hands every time, not that I'm complaining. I was enjoying those times; 'Soccer team's Ace Player Countlessly Smacked in the Face by the Campus' Biggest Nerd', great headline by the way. Now they're smacking each other with their lips. Gross." Mark stopped talking to fake a shiver for emphasis, then he continued, dropping his voice to a lower tone. "There's this one time I got home late from basketball practice and the only light that was on in our house was the one in the kitchen so I decided to go straight in there and wanna know what I saw?"

 

Bambam crinkled his nose, "uhh, not really."

 

"I saw my sister and Luhan hyung making out..."

 

"...nope, dude..."

 

"...by the fridge..."

 

"...please stop..."

 

"...and they're making weird sound..."

 

"...TMI TMI TMI..."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Yeah. It was awkward. And vomit-inducing." Mark pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, as if concentrating on deleting the disturbing images stuck in his head. Meanwhile, Bambam's cute face was slightly red.

 

"I don't really need to hear that."

 

"I know. Just wanna share the nightmare."

 

"Gee, thanks."

 

The two looked back at the couple, who are now walking away from the locker area.

 

"Why is noona so clingy? Ugh," Mark turned to his locker and fling all the things he doesn't need inside before shutting the locker close.

 

"It's normal. They're boyfriend and girlfriend."

 

"Tch. I can't take it anymore. We have to do something," he looked at Bambam with a serious expression written on his face.

 

"No."

 

"Yes."

 

"Mark. No."

 

"Don't Mark me. I'm older."

 

"Mark. No."

 

Mark then smirked at him, "how would you like to have a date with Taeyeon noona?"

 

Bambam was doomed.

 

 


 

 

Chemistry class, one of Miyoung's favorite class, started as soon as Mr. Jung Yunho stepped inside the room.

 

Miyoung eagerly opened her notebook wherein her assignments were written neatly, ready to take part in a recitation anytime. She looked at Mr. Jung enthusiastically as he called their names one by one for attendance, and yelled a cheerful "present!" when her name was called.

 

Behind her sat Luhan, who had his left hand placed under his chin and glumly said the same word when he was called. Chemistry is his least favorite subject, and Mr. Jung is his least favorite teacher.

 

There are reasons of course as to why he hates this class and the teacher and they all involve his little girlfriend.

 

It is a known fact that Miyoung has a platonic crush on Mr. Jung. She admire him and is also close to him since he is the adviser of the Chemistry club where Miyoung is the president. When he is in the room, he is the center of Miyoung's attention, much to Luhan's dismay. She doesn't even hide it from Luhan and there is no reason to do so because he knew it ever since, even before they got together.

 

"Alright, I want you to turn in your assignments to me right now. Pass all your notes forward and I'll check it one by one," Mr. Jung said as soon as he was done with roll call.

 

Luhan tapped his notebook on Miyoung's head in front, and she stuck her tongue when she looked at him before grabbing it and turning her back to him. He chuckled at her childish act and grabbed a part of her hair and twirled it using his fingers. Their classmates started murmuring noisily as their teacher sat on the teacher's desk and started checking their notes.

 

Mr. Jung sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose, "tone it down a bit or I'm going to deduct points on your assignments."

 

The class immediately became silent.

 

A few minutes later, Miyoung felt a gentle hand tapping her right shoulder  and she immediately turned back. Luhan had a wide grin on his face, eyes mischievous as he pushed a piece of paper, obviously a ripped page from one of his notes. Miyoung eyed it suspiciously before putting it between her fingers. She turned her back again before unfolding the paper. There's a sentence scribbled messily inside.

 

Cheer loudly for me later Myeong!!! :P

 

Miyoung giggled upon reading it, and immediately wrote a reply below the sentence in neat, round-ish penmanship. She turned to Luhan and quickly put the paper on his desk, slightly afraid that Mr. Jung might caught them. Luhan read the note with a wide, idiotic grin.

 

I'll beat the cheering squad and be the loudest one in the field (;

 

He grabbed his black ballpen and scribbled another reply below Miyoung's note, biting his tongue to prevent himself from cackling.

 

Bring me a banner!

 

He shot his arm forward and dropped the paper in front of Miyoung, just over her shoulder. Miyoung caught it and let out a snort. She glared at Luhan behind her as she tossed the paper at him, who then winked in return.

 

How about no? And what would I put in there anyway?

 

This time when he wrote back, Luhan had to bit his lower lip as to not laugh loudly, his crow's feet already visible from smiling widely. He tapped her shoulder again and Miyoung turned quickly to get the paper.

 

She blushed furiously upon reading the sentence he had written last, murmuring a soft I hate you, idiot as she grabbed her pink gel penand stabbed it on her desk. She crinkled her nose as she reread it again.

 

Marry me Luhan!

 

She bent down to write a reply, however she felt a kick under her chair and she hissed when her pen wobbled causing a big strike over her word. She went back to writing but she received another kick. She turned to Luhan with furious eyes, meeting his rather frightened ones.

 

"What is wro---"

 

"Let me see your notes, Miss Hwang." Miyoung glanced up, and she instantly froze upon seeing Mr. Jung's hand outstretched to her, asking for the piece of paper sitting prettily on her desk. The whole class had their attention to the little scene. Luhan was horrified, his posture a little too tensed as he watches the scene unfold in front of him.

 

"Um..."

 

"Notes, please."

 

Miyoung gulped and reluctantly handed him the paper. Mr. Jung's expression was blank, and he pushed his glasses up again before reading the notes out loud for the whole class to hear.

 

The two were blushing furiously as the teacher did, with Miyong bowing her head and letting her long hair covered her face like curtain and Luhan sinking lower to his seat with a guilty expression.

 

"Well, aren't you two love birds sweet?" Mr. Jung snickered as he pocketed the paper and looked at the two student as some of the girls giggled and boys smirked. "Are you still going to be sweet inside the detention quarters?"

 

Luhan and Miyoung looked up with wide eyes, the both blurting out "But Sir!""Mr. Jung please!" at the same time.

 

Miyoung then spoke, "Mr. Jung please. Luhan has a soccer match after school..."

 

"It's not her fault, Sir. It's me who started it."

 

"I can see that, Mr. Lu. A little old school, are we? Still into note passing during class." Mr. Jung said in a teasing voice.

 

"Well, yeah." The boy lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

"Although not so smooth, asking your girl to propose? So unmanly." The teacher clicked his tongue, making the class laughed.

 

"It's not like it's for real---" Luhan started to protest but was stopped when Mr. Jung held up a finger, shutting the boy effectively.

 

"Detention for the two of you. Tomorrow after class," he said firmly.

 

Miyoung gasped and looked up at the teacher again, "but Mr. Jung! We have a meeting for Chem Club tomorrow after school."

 

"You have Choi Sulli as your vice president, Miss Hwang. I'm sure she can lead the team well."

 

"But--"

 

"No buts."Mr. Jung then walked in front of the class with Miyoung pouting behind him. "Open your books to page 231."

 

Miyoung looked at her boyfriend, an annoyed expression clearly written on her face. "This is your fault!" She whispered.

 

Luhan leaned forward and whispered back, "I know that! But if you just listened to me when I kicked your chair then he wouldn't have caught us---"

 

"Would you like your detention hours to be extended, Mr. Lu and Miss Hwang?" The teacher in front said in an irritated voice.

 

"No, sir."

 

"Focus on the lecture then."

 

The two bowed their heads, each grabbing their books and listening to the lesson after, not wanting additional punishment.

 

I'll deal with you later, you dumb deer. Miyoung thought before looking up at Mr. Jung and letting out a soft sigh. So handsome.

 

 


 

 

By twelve noon, the cafeteria was slowly filled with students, ready for the much awaited lunch break. Luhan and Miyoung sat at their usual table, the table where only the 'coolest' seniors in the campus sat together to eat and chat.

 

"I cannot believe Hwang Miyoung is going to detention!" Kim Taeyeon laughed beside the said girl, snorting a little before continuing, "after 4 years, Hwang!"

 

"Yeah, well, no thanks to that dumb deer across from me,"Miyoung said, pointing her chopsticks to her boyfriend who rolled his eyes in return.

 

"If you weren't so slow, you would be able to pick up what I'm trying to say. I kicked you so you'd notice Yunho in front of you!"

 

Baekhyun and Sehun cackled on either side of Luhan, with Sehun saying, "that's alright, Miyoung. At least you get to experience life at the detention quarters before you leave this school."

 

Luhan nodded to that, fishing out a piece of beef on his plate and popping it inside his mouth.

 

Mark and Bambam walked inside the cafeteria by then, the former's neck extending as he tried to spot her sister among the crowd. When he saw her with her friends, he quickly pulled Bambam and sauntered to their table.

 

"Tiffany!" Mark called his sister in her Americab name as they neared their table.

 

His sister then looked up, "oh? Mark! What's up?"

 

"Mind if we join you guys for lunch?" Mark said, and Bambam squirmed behind him.

 

Miyoung looked around the table,and upon seeing her friends shrugging she then nodded her head, "sure! Sit down, you two."

 

"Move over, will you, noona? I want your spot." Mark ordered his sister, making their friends laughed.

 

"You brat! Just sit down wherever."

 

"I want your spot!" Mark stomped his foot, and Miyoung shook her head.

 

"Just give him the seat, Myeong. You can sit beside me," Luhan offered.

 

"Yeah, yeah," Mark agreed.

 

"Brat," Miyoung muttered again before grabbing her tray and standing up, sitting in between Luhan and Baekhyun who scooted to the side so she can have a place beside Luhan.

 

"Thanks," Mark smiled triumphantly at her before nudging Bambam to take a seat but the latter shook his head, a faint blush visible on his cheeks. The seniors looked at them in amusement.

 

"Just take a sit!" Mark whispered.

 

"You boys gonna sit down or what?" Taeyeon then asked.

 

Mark pushed Bambam, forcing the poor schmuck to sit beside his long-time crush. Mark then sat beside him, pushing him to the side as to close the gap between Taeyeon and Bambam in a subtle way.

 

"Aigoo~" Taeyeon cooed, touching Bambam's colored fringe making the boy froze and all the bloods gathered in his puffy cheeks. "Aren't you too cute? Like a parrot. Aigoo~ what's your name?"

 

The boy gulped, "B-bambam."

 

"Ah, even your name is cute. Parrot baby~" Taeyeon purred.

 

Baekhyun laughed at them, "your pedo tendencies are acting up, Taengoo. Control yourself."

 

"But isn't he too cute, Baekiee? We should adopt him! You're so fluffy!" Taeyeon proceeded to pinching Bambam's cheeks, smiling weirdly at him.

 

"Taeyeon, you're hurting the kid!" Baekhyun scolded.

 

"Oops! Well, I'm sorry, daddy. But our baby is so squishy!"

 

The others sigh before continuing to eat, meanwhile Bambam was in a dazed. Taeyeon noona noticed me Taeyeon noona touched my hair Taeyeon noona said I'm cute I'm fluffy I'm cute Taeyeon noona called me parrot baby Taeyeon noona called me her baby help me call 911 I cannot anymore...

 

"So hyung," Mark then called to Luhan. "Are you ready for the match later? I heard your opponent is the best in their district."

 

"Ah, yes," Luhan shrugged lightly. "JYP High has great players on their team."

 

"They said Nichkhun is playing. He's pretty awesome," Mark said nonchalantly, biting into his apple. He watched in satisfaction as the couple in front of him tensed up. Miyoung picked at her vegetables.

 

"Meh~ he's a good defender alright." Luhan shoved a mouthful of food inside his mouth, clearly not wanting to partake in a conversation anymore.

 

Miyoung glared at her brother.

 

"What? It's not like there's something going on between you and Nichkhun sunbae, right, noona?"

 

"Of course none," she replied curtly.

 

"Yep, that little summer fling two years ago doesn't mean anything at all."

 

"What fling?" Luhan asked, his tone cold as he questioned Miyoung.

 

"Look, it's not---"

 

"Noona went out with him for like a month, I guess? Remember that year when you went to Beijing for summer vacation, Luhan hyung? That's the year."

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow at his girlfriend who is currently very interested in her vegetables. "Really, now?"

 

Miyoung blinked, glancing at him and then quickly looking away, "Hm-mm."

 

"And you didn't tell me this because?"

 

She bit on her lower lip, "it never came up?"

 

"Right."

 

"Look, it's nothing. We went out for dinner for like twice and then that's it."

 

"Wait, noona, didn't I see you two playing at the arcades too?"

 

Miyoung gave him a You are so dead when we got home look before smiling timidly at Luhan, "yeah, that too. But the thing is,"she put a hand on Luhan's arm, "it didn't mean anything. We went out but we never really clicked." She leaned forward and whispered closely to his ear, her lips brushing on his earlobe, "he's very boring and lame."

 

Luhan huffed, eyes never leaving Miyoung's as he said, "He's dead later in the field, I swear to the gods."

 

 

 


 

 

 

Class ended by 2PM, earlier than per usual, to make way for the varsity's preparation for the semi-finals of the Soccer League at 5 in the afternoon. The game will be held at the campus, hence the whole student body will be there to support the team throughout the game. This doesn't go unknown to Luhan, who is very excited more than anyone. He knows they will win this, he is that confident.

 

"Warriors!" Kim Minseok, the soccer team's Captain called out to them after prepping up inside the locker. "We're gonna win this game and go to the finals, ya hear? We're gonna burn JYP down!"

 

The boys roared in agreement, following Minseok as he headed outside the field to start some warming up and last minute practice.

 

Luhan was the last one to leave the room, hurriedly typing up a text message to Miyoung, knowing once that he reached the field, they wouldn't be allowed to use their smartphones.

 

To: Miyoung
We're gonna warm up now. I'm expecting a huge banner from my girl later. Don't let me down (;
Sent: 2:34PM

 

He smiled to himself after tapping the send button. He was about to fling the phone inside his locker when he remembered something and typed another message quickly. He heard his name being called from outside and he yelled 'I'm coming' in reply.

 

To: Miyoung
Love you.
Sent: 2:36 PM

 

Shutting his locker door after putting his phone inside, he exhaled deeply and a chuckle erupted from his chest, thinking of a particular girl with pink cheeks and beautiful eyes that disappear into crescent shapes whenever she smiles.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Two hours later, the bleachers surrounding the soccer field are starting to get crowded with students and their cheering gears. The crowd is mostly from their school, a home court advantage to the Warriors as they could cheer loudly and energetically for them.

 

The JYP Stallions already arrived an hour ago and are on the side of their field warming up here and there. The game will begin thirty minutes from now and the coaches are busy strategizing their game plan.

 

"Alright, Warriors," Coach Hyukjae called, one hand on his whiteboard and a marker on another. The team gather around him, listening intently to what their coach has to say."I want you boys to focus on this game like this is the finals. We can't afford to lose." He then started to call the players one by one, telling them what to do and what not to doto which each player nodded and shouted affirmatives.

 

Minseok then called them out to gather, their hands topping each other as he counted, "3, 2, 1..."

 

"WARRIORS!"

 

The boys dispersed after, some sitting on the bench, some going for the water station.

 

Luhan remained on his spot, stretching out his limbs and at the same time craning his neck to look for Miyoung and their friends amongst the crowd. He pouted a little when he saw the front row seats that are usually reserved for them still unoccupied.

 

"Where the hell are they?" he muttered.

 

"Luhan hyung!"

 

He looked to his left to see who called him and saw a freshman boy smiling widely at him, eyes twinkling in what seemed like admiration or adoration.

 

"Kookie!" Luhan returned the smile to their midfielder (although he's one of the reserved players), laughing when the kid puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

 

"Hyung~" said kid whined, "call me Jungkook. I'm not that middle schooler anymore."

 

"But Kookie suits you well. You're still fluffy!" Luhan , index fingers poking the younger's cheeks as he continued to laugh at the pouting kid.

 

"Aish!" Jungkook swatted his sunbae's hands away from his face. "Luhan hyung~"

 

"So what's up?" Luhan stretched his arms backward as he let out another hearty laugh.

 

Jungkook grinned then, one hand rubbing his nape as if embarrassed on what he's about to say. "I just want to wish you a good luck, hyung. I know you'll do well."

 

Luhan straightened up and ruffled the younger's wine colored hair. "Thanks, Kookie! I promise I will do my best."

 

Jungkook nodded and his grin turned into a secretive smile."Do you want to know a secret, hyung?"

 

"What?" Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, curious as to what the other has to say.

 

Jungkook cupped his hand to his mouth as he moved closer to the older and whispered, "I saw Miyoung noona while I was passing by the laboratory. She and Taeyeon noona are making a banner for you." He then giggled and nudged Luhan at his ribs.

 

Luhan's face almost splitted in half due to his wide smile. "Really?" he asked to which Jungkook nodded furiously.

 

"Hey, Kookie!" One of the players sitting by their bench called him, his handsome face displaying a mixture of indifference and boredom as he gestured for Jungkook to come to him.

 

"You should go," Luhan said to him. "Thanks for the info, kiddo!"

 

Jungkook smiled at Luhan before bowing his head. When he got a little away from his senior, he started yelling to the boy who called him. "Yah! Seokjin hyung! Stop calling me Kookie! I'm not a middle schooler anymore!"

 

Luhan laughed at the scene before looking back at the bleachers, and there he saw what he was looking for. Miyoung, now out of her uniform and is wearing a plain tee and jeans, waved at him, her smile brightening as he waved back. He saw Taeyeon, Baekhyun and Sehun beside her.

 

He jogged to where coach Hyukjae was seated. "Coach, can I go to her? I'll be quick, I promise!"

 

The coach shrugged, knowing his star player won't take no for an answer. "Just be sure to be here after five minutes."

 

"Thanks, coach!"

 

Luhan bowed and turned to his heels to run to where Miyoung and their friends are, but stopped abruptly when he saw someone approaching them─or her to be specific.

 

He squinted his eyes and saw that the guy is from the other team, and squinted some more. He hissed when he read the name at the back of his jersey.

 

Horvejkul.

 

It's none other than JYP's Thai Prince.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

"Let's not continue our plan, Mark."

 

"What?! You're a bummer, you know that?"

 

Bambam's face was serious. "I don't want to distract Miyoung noona like that. It might affect Luhan sunbae's game. I don't want that to happen. It's our school's team at stake here."

 

"You're no fun, Bambam."

 

"And also," Bambam touched his colored fringe, the one Taeyeon noona touched, the fringe that made her call him parrot baby in the most adorable way. Taeyeon noona. "I think Taeyeon noona is with Byun Baekhyun sunbaenim," he whispered sadly.

 

Mark then scowled, "what makes you think that?"

 

Bambam recounted the scene at lunch to him and his observations.

 

"Let's prove it then," Mark said.

 

"Fine. But if it's true that Taeyeon noona is Baekhyun sunbaenim's girlfriend, I'm going to give up and wish them happiness."

 

"Alright. If that's what you want." Mark shrugged, a little sad that his friend is upset.

 

"And let's not continue our plan to ruin Lufany."

 

"What in the world is Lufany?"

 

Bambam snorted and gave him a Are you serious look. "That's Luhan and Tiffany's OTP name."

 

Mark looked as dumb as ever. "OTP what?"

 

"Dude, one true pairing. Do you ever use the internet? Keep up, man!"

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

"Is that Nichkhun?" Taeyeon whispered to Miyoung, and the girl looked at her confusingly before following her line of sight. A gorgeous soccer player wearing blue Stallion jersey is walking to their direction, a smile eteched on his face, his brown hair shining under the beams of the sun.

 

"Yep, that's him." Miyoung said. She completely forgot that Nichkhun is JYP's defender. She completely forgot about him. Until her beloved brother reminded her.

 

Sehun, who was seated two people (namely Taeyeon and Baekhyun) away from Miyoung, stood up and moved to her side. With a nod to her, Miyoung scooted to Taeyeon to make a space for him. He immediately sat down beside Miyoung, crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the approaching guy.

 

Miyoung held in a laughter. Protective boyfriend's bestfriend.

 

By that time, Nichkhun was in front of them, looking up at her (the bleachers are elevated) with his dazzling, boyish beam. "Hi, Tiff!"

 

"Khuniee! It's nice to see you here." She greeted back, aware that Sehun was all tensed beside her. She quickly shot him a questioning look, to which he answered with a blank expression, before turning back to Nichkhun.

 

"Yep. It's been a while, huh? Didn't expect to see you here in the soccer field of all places."

 

Taeyeon snorted beside her, flipping her hair over her shoulder and turning her full attention to Baekhyun beside her.

 

"Hm-mm. Well, I'm here to support our team, of course. And my b---"

 

"Ah. Indeed," Nichkhun interrupted. "Yey Warriors!" he mocked cheered, and Miyoung saw Sehun's fists curled up to balls.

 

She laughed, a little awkwardly at that. "Yep. And I'm here to cheer for my boyfriend."

 

The guy raised a delicate brow. "Oh?"

 

Miyoung nodded,"Luhan. Number 7. He's the striker."And the best forward, the Star Player, and the love of my life, Tiffany felt like adding.

 

However she heard Sehun muttered lowly, "And he's ready to kick your ."

 

"Striker, huh?" Nichkhun said, his expression smug. "Then I guess we'll go against each other then."

 

A whistle was heard from across the field, a signal that the players should get ready.

 

"That's my cue. Enjoy the game, Tiff." Nichkhun winked at her, and before Miyoung could respond he already started running to the other side of the field. She sighed.

 

Sehun suddenly shot up his seat, "I swear to god I'm going to poke his eyes--"

 

"Easy there, Sehun-ah," Baekhyun said. "Don't steal our Lulu's line. Although that Nikon guy has lots of guts."

 

"He's so cocky, I hope Luhan kicks his ." Taeyeon added.

 

"He better do that or else I'm going to do it," Sehun spat out.

 

"Why are you so mad, Oh? You aren't Miyoung's boyfriend," Baekhyun asked.

 

"I'm Luhan's best friend. I protect his territory and Miyoung here is his territory." He put an arm around Miyoung's shoulder for emphasis.

 

Miyoung blinked at him. "Say what?"

 

Before Sehun could explain, two sophomores approached the group.

 

"Tiffany noona, hi! We're going to sit behind you guys." Mark greeted, a popcorn and soda cradled by his chest. Bambam smiled shyly beside him.

 

"Yeah, sure," Miyoung waved at them.

 

"I'm going to sit behind you, noona. And Bambam is going to take a sit behind Taeyeon noona. Don't mind us," Mark continued as they both shuffle behind the seniors.

 

"The goal is to observe the two, okay? Focus, Bambam. Focus." Mark whispered to him, and Bambam looked at him blankly before popping a couple of popcorns into his mouth and chewing disgustingly.

 

“I think they are really together though.” Bambam then pointed at the couple in front of them. Baekhyun nudged Taeyeon on her shoulder, pointing at the nachos the girl is holding. Taeyeon picked a piece of nachos and gestured him to open his mouth, to which Baekhyun did and Taeyeon shoved—yes, shoved—the food inside his awaiting mouth. She giggled after doing that.

 

The sophomore sadly sighed and Mark patted his back in sympathy.

 

Just then, another blow of whistle was heard, echoing around the whole field. The crowd cheered as the players and a referee gathered at the middle of the field. The game is starting.

 

The referee then whistled again, and Minseok started the kick-off, kicking the ball closer to the goal. The Warriors are in a good mood, with the great exception of their Striker.

 

 

Luhan was so pissed that he wasn’t able to say a word to Miyoung. He was rather excited that she’s going to watch him play, although this isn’t the first time she’s cheering for him, it thrilled him that she’s there for him when the truth is she wasn’t even interested in the game at all. The very thought that she’s there for him and only him made Luhan giddy and special. But it has to be ruined by that stupid Defender.

 

He waited for the ball to reach him, eyeing the said Defender sourly who’s a couple of feet away from him. Said Defender noticed him and gave him a toothed grin.

 

“Hey! Luhan right?” Nichkhun said and Luhan nodded stiffly.

 

“Nice to meet you, Luhan.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Snobbish, are we?” Nichkhun smirked. “I wonder what Tiffany saw in you?”

 

Luhan’s blood boiled upon hearing him calling Miyoung by her American name. Only Mark and her dad called her by that name. “She saw everything about me, I guess,” Luhan shrugged lightly.

 

Minho, Warriors’ trusted Sweeper, ran past a Stallion player, and Luhan immediately perked up and got himself ready. The roar of the crowd got louder as their team got closer to the goal. Minho kicked the ball to Luhan’s direction, and the boy quickly got it in between his feet, kicking it to the right as he snuck away from another opponent. He was about to give it a hard kick when someone blocked his way. He doesn’t have to look up to know that it was the Thai prince.

 

Nichkhun has his stupid dazzling smile spread on his face, and Luhan cursed in his head because he was definitely inches taller than him, and his body is lean and well-built compared to Luhan. This annoyed Luhan even more. He blew an air to his fringe and concentrated at the ball.

 

"So… how’s Tiff doing these days? Does she still talk too much?” Nichkhun started conversing him as if they are just sitting at a table in some coffee shop rather than having a heated game of football in an equally heated field.

 

“She’s still great.” Luhan faked a smile, maneuvering the ball behind Nichkhun in a fast approach and leaving the latter behind him. He kicked the ball and quickly ran after it. He saw the Stallions’ goal keeper positioned himself and Luhan saw a loophole in his defense. He was about to give another kick that would definitely earn them a point when Nichkhun appeared out of nowhere and nudged the ball away from Luhan. The crowd’s cheer went down.

 

“Not so fast, Beijing Prince.” Nichkhun winked at him, passing the ball to another teammate with another quick nudge of a foot. Just like that, the ball was away from Luhan. And just like that, Luhan’s spirit was fueled. Challenge accepted.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Are they actually talking while playing?” Taeyeon said as she munched her popcorn, pointing at Luhan and Nichkhun at the field.

 

“I don’t know? Are they?” Miyoung returned, squinting her eyes. She then saw Nichkhun smiled at Luhan and she got curious. She turned to Sehun whose watching the game intently. “What are they talking about?”

 

“Hwang, please. How would I know?”

 

“Right.”

 

“When are you going to raise your banner, Miyoung?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes still trained to the players on the field.

 

“Um…” Miyoung blushed, looking down at the rolled banner by her feet and embarrassed by the thought. “Later, maybe?”

 

“Just raised it once Luhan scored, which is like a minute from now,” Baekhyun suggested. As if Baekhyun was jinxing the game, Nichkhun stole the ball away from Luhan. “COME ON!” Baekhyun shouted.

 

“Don’t speak so soon, Baekiee~” Taeyeon cooed, and the boy glared at her, playfully of course.

 

“Which team are you siding, Taengoo?”

 

“Our team, definitely. I’m just saying.” She stuck her tongue out at him, and Baekhyun pinched her nose, making the girl giggle.

 

Bambam watched painfully as the little mushy scene unfolds in front of him.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Fifteen minutes to the game and neither team has scored yet. Luhan ran back and forth his place as he waits for his teammates to reach his position and he can take the ball inside the goal where it should belong. From time to time, Nichkhun would engage him in petty conversations that do nothing but annoy the hell out of him. He thought the guy was doing it on purpose.

 

“Has Tiff told you about us going out back then?”

 

Luhan glanced at Miyoung across the field before turning back to where the ball is. “Sure, she mentioned something about this very lame guy she met during summer but she cannot remember much.” He lied through his teeth.

 

“Oh, yeah? I can’t believe she forgot about her first kiss.” Nichkhun clicked his tongue.

 

“What?” Luhan was dumbfounded.

 

Nichkhun’s face was smug, and so was his voice. “Yes. It was at that Bubble Tea shop in Myeongdeong. We went playing in an arcade and went there afterwards. It just happened.”

 

Luhan was breathing heavily. Miyoung told him her first kiss was him, it was their first kiss, and it happened in this very field while the rain drizzled above them. This guy is definitely lying.

 

“Luhan!” Minho shouted, and Luhan snapped back to reality. He caught the ball, his adrenaline kicking in and he forgot about the jerk defending in front of him. He kicked and kicked, everything was blurry except the ball and himself and the goal. He gritted his teeth and kicked the ball with so much power, letting it pass the goalkeeper until it hit the net.

 

The crowd roared in victory.

 

“First goal from Warriors’ number 7! Luhan!” the announcer’s voice blared from the speakers.

 

Luhan ran across the field, his hands extended to his side as if flying, fingers pointed, game face on. He ran to where Miyoung was standing and jumping up and down with a proud smile on her face. He blew kisses to her direction and Miyoung’s hands formed a heart and shouted, “Go, Luhan!” He grinned triumphantly before running to his teammates, receiving a slap on his back and his and a pat on his head.

 

The whole student body’s cheers went wilder.

 

In your face, Thai Prince. He thought.

 

 

 

Another thirty minutes passed, and the score was 2-2, the other one point courtesy of Taemin with an assist from Luhan.  Luhan was annoyed again. The goal was to not let JYP score at all. But this is just Luhan’s personal goal. No one has to know that. He promised to himself that the Away team’s score stayed like that until the game ends.

 

After Coach Hyukjae said his instructions and strategies, he let the team have their water breaks, and with another free 12 minutes, Luhan took his chance to see his girl.

 

“Coach, can I see Miyoung? I’ll be fast!” Hyukjae just waved him away. Luhan quickly ran across the field again, his face void of any emotion as he approached his group of friends.

 

Seeing Luhan running to them, Miyoung stood up from her seat, a tumbler of Gatorade in one hand, and a towel in another.

 

“Luhan.” She quickly reached down when he got in front of her and wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead and his face. She handed him the tumbler and he gulped the energy drink before giving the tumbler back to her. Miyoung smiled sweetly at him, oblivious to their audience, who are basically the whole crowd in the field. “You’re doing great.”

 

“Miyoung.” Luhan said in a straight face. “I need something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Kiss.”

 

Miyoung blinked. “What?”

 

“Kiss. I need a kiss.”

 

“W-what?” Miyoung couldn’t believe what she’s hearing from him.

 

“I need your kiss. Kiss me. Please.” Luhan said, his tone serious, if not demanding.

 

Miyoung turned tomato red, quickly glancing behind her only to see her friends chuckling at their little act. She turned to Luhan, not quite looking at his eyes. “We’re in public, Han. We cannot…”

 

“If you don’t kiss me now, we might lose this game.”

 

She fidgeted. “What are you talking about? God, you’re embarrassing.”

 

“You’re my lucky charm, Hwang.”

 

“Oh my God, Luhan what is wrong with you I cannot even—“

 

“JUST KISS HIM!” Sehun shouted from behind and that’s when the students started their chant.

 

“BOOE BOOE HAE! BOOE BOOE HAE!”

 

"What in the world.” Miyoung groaned.

 

“Come on, Myeong. Just one kiss.” Luhan said, a teasing smile on his face. He stepped forward, closer to where she’s standing and looked up at her, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes.

 

“I hate you so much right now, Luhan.”

 

Miyoung leaned down, hands holding tightly on the railing and her head went down and down, closing in the gap between her face and Luhan’s, his eyes already closed and lips anticipating her touch. She closed her eyes as she felt Luhan’s soft lips pressed against her.

 

The cheer was thundering.

 

Luhan clasped her head between his hands, kissing her longer than it should be. He smiled against the kiss and let go, opening her eyes just in time to see her beautiful eyesmile. He stood up on his toes to catch her and leave another peck on her lips before stepping backward once.

 

“Stop grinning, you look like an idiot.” Miyoung grumbled despite her smiling self, and Luhan couldn’t understand how she could turn even redder than she already is. So adorable, he thought.

 

“We’re absolutely winning this game,” Luhan confidently said.

 

“You better do.”

 

Luhan smiled and winked at her, walking backwards without breaking eye contact with Miyoung. And then he tilted his head to the side and stopped, “Yah! Your banner. Haven’t seen you raise one yet.”

 

“Oh, you’ll see it. Soon.” It’s Miyoung’s turn to wink at him, and Luhan was stunned for a second, blood rushing on his face and turning him red. He immediately turned his back so she (and the rest of the crowd) won’t see him blush because it is humiliating to see their Star Player blushing just because his girlfriend kissed him with the whole soccer field watching and it’s one of the best things that has happened to him. Nope. Not going to happen.

 

 

 

 

The second half started again, and the atmosphere was serious compared to the first half. Luhan was all hyped up and energized because of the kiss. That’s when he noticed the Thai Prince was not smiling anymore. He still talked to him though.

 

“You and Tiff pretty serious?”

 

“More serious than we could ever be. Why’d you ask?”

 

“No reason.”

 

Luhan chuckled inwardly. “Jealous?”

 

Nichkhun rolled his eyes and snorted, “you wish.”

 

They did not talk after that. Luhan could tell he struck the Thai prince’s nerve. Nichkhun completely lost his bearings and concentration, not being able to guard Luhan’s advances very well, making it easier for Warriors’ Striker to make a goal twice in thirty minutes.

 

Each time he made a goal, Luhan would run to Miyoung’s side to blow air kisses at her and sometimes Miyoung would blow kisses back. He went back to the middle of the field pouting after his last goal when he didn’t see her with any banner.

 

Ten minutes before the game ends, and the score was 5-2 in favor of the Home team. Luhan was trying to get past Nichkhun and another guy, Wooyoung. JYP decided they couldn’t let the Star Player of SM score another goal so they teamed up their Defender and their Defensive Midfielder against him.

 

Luhan was sweating so hard, feeling the sudden pressure of scoring another goal weighs heavily on his shoulders. He concentrated on the ball, like he always does when he needed to score and ignore the feet and bodies that are blocking his way. He bounced the soccer ball twice on his knee to distract them a little before letting it fall back on the ground. He nudged it away from them and followed, successfully getting past the two defenders, but the two caught up rather quickly and were flanking his sides.  The crowd was holding their breaths, not sure what would happen next.

 

Just then, Miyoung stood up, holding a black banner with Pink painted letters written on it and raising it up above her head.

 

“LUHAN!”

 

Luhan would hear that voice anytime and anywhere and recognize it right away. He looked up to where Miyoung was standing up, ball squished tightly underneath his right foot to protect it from stealers, and his lips broke into a very satisfied (and giddy) smile. The other players glanced to her as well, including Nichkhun and Wooyoung.

 

“Goal for me!” Miyoung shouted again and this time Luhan nodded, returning his attention to the game. His opponents were greatly distracted and he took this as an advantage, quickly kicking the ball towards the goal. He kicked again, harder and forcefully this time, with him sliding down the well-trimmed grass. The ball almost got through but the goal keeper managed to block it with his hands, however throwing it to Luhan’s direction. Luhan saw the chance and hurled his head back and forward, aiming for a headshot.

 

The crowd went wild yet again.

 

“GOAL!” The announcer shouted. “Another goal from our Star Striker, Luhan!”

 

Luhan’s jaw dropped open, still sitting on the ground. The cheer was deafening. He felt his teammates tackling him down to the ground, laughing and cheering and screaming in victory. Luhan did it. They won. He scored a goal. A goal for his Miyoung.

 

"Let me go! Let me go!” he yelled in between laughter as the other boys crowded over him. The boys then stood up and started lifting him up over their shoulders, chanting “Warriors! Warriors!” as the carry him around the field.

 

Miyoung and the others went down the field by then, clapping and screaming from excitement. Luhan saw them approaching and asked the boys to let him down. They easily comply when they saw Miyoung walking towards them. “Go get her, Luhan!” they teased.

 

Luhan ran to meet her halfway, and when he reached her, he did not hesitate to embrace her tight. “I did it, Myeong!” he said, his voice muffled as his face was buried on her neck.

 

She hugged him back, ignoring the sweat and the stink. “Yes, you did!”

 

“Thanks to you,” Luhan looked at her and smiled a blinding smile, his eyes crinkling to the sides. He kissed her forehead. “Thank you, Miyoung. You’re the best!”

 

“Only for you.”

 

Luhan laughed, his heart beating wildly against his ribs. “Aigoo~ Cheesy mushy, are we?”

 

“Hm,” Miyoung hummed, wiping the sweat on his forehead with her towel like she did before. “You deserve it, Striker. It was a great game” She looked straight at his eyes, mirroring his twinkling gaze.

 

He decided to , “how would you know? You don’t know anything about the game.”

 

Miyoung rolled her eyes and nudged him on his shoulder before smiling again. “You played so well, Luhan. You were so cool and manly! I’m so impressed; I think I’m going to start learning soccer tomorrow.”

 

“I’ll teach you!” Luhan offered eagerly and Miyoung laughed and nodded.

 

“It was for you, Miyoung.”

 

“What was for me?”

 

“The game. The goal. I needed to make you proud that’s why I did my best. I don’t want to disappoint my girl,” he said in a sincere manner, and Miyoung couldn’t tell if it was because of the tiring game or the statement that made Luhan’s cheeks turn red.

 

"You did. I'm so proud of you, Luhan."That being said, Miyoung circled her arm around Luhan's nape, pulling him closer and kissing his blushing cheeks.

 

He was grinning like an idiot when she pulled away. "Miyoung?"

 

"Yes?"

 

He moved his hands from her back to her waist, gripping her a little tighter. He leaned in and whispered to her right ear so only she could hear what he wanted to say. "I love you, Miyoung."He brushed his lips against hers in one swift movement. Nonetheless, the crowd saw it and cheered and teased them again.

 

She was speechless, her body a little rigid from the sudden rush of emotion going on inside of her. She could only clutch his shoulder and stare at him. Why does he have to smile like that I'm melting oh my goodness why and oh I love you, too, Luhan so please stop smiling and stop looking at me like that.

 

"And also," he said, eyes twinkling again as he held her gaze. "Yes!" Luhan shouted over the roar of the crowd, his eyes crinkling to the sides and lips widening in a victorious grin.

 

Miyoung got her senses then, furrowed her brows and yelled back, "What?"

 

He tugged her closer by her waist, leaning in and whispering to her ear once again,"you were asking me to marry you, right? The answer is yes."

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Ho ho ho. What happened idek don’t ask me it’s so pathetic bye~~~

 

Till next time! Thanks for reading!

 

Potatochin|@chinshidae