If You Look Closely You Can Find The Good Times Within the Hard Times

It's Always Been You and I

A/N: CAREFUL! DOUBLE UPDATE! READ PART 2 BEFORE THIS ONE!


            Youngjae groaned as he came back to consciousness. The steady beeping alerted him to where he was before he had even opened his eyes.

            ‘I hope I haven’t missed any school.’ Youngjae thought as he finally opened his eyes to observe the hospital room he had been placed in.

            He blinked his eyes a few times to adjust to the bright lights and felt himself fully come back. Youngjae hissed once the feeling of pain hit him and he clenched his fists, but felt himself grip something in his left hand.

            “Eh?” Youngjae looked down in surprise to see that Daehyun was holding his hand even while sleeping.

            “Youngjae.”

            Youngjae looked to his other side to see Zelo rushing to his side.

            “How are you?” Zelo whispered.

            “As well as I can be.” Youngjae tried to smile but it turned into more of a grimace. “How did the rest of the fight go?”

            Zelo smiled. “We won of course. I think it was soon after Daehyun stabbed the monster attacking you that I tossed Jongup up onto the monster and he climbed up to the eyes and stabbed him.”

            “Dangerous.” Youngjae’s eyes widened.

            Zelo shrugged as he analyzed the boy in the bed. “I’ve thrown him like that before so we were not worried.”

            “I see….” Youngjae scrunched his face. ‘I should talk to Yongguk about this later…’

            “So then after that,” Zelo continued as he administered more pain killers into Youngjae’s IV. Youngjae would have asked where he had gotten it, but he knew somehow Yongguk had been able to give it to him. “We brought you straight to the hospital. Yongguk made me stay here to watch over your condition.”

            “And Daehyun?” Youngjae asked as he looked down at the sleeping boy.

            Zelo shrugged. “He hasn’t left your side since we got you here which was…. 15 hours and 25 minutes ago.”

            Youngjae frowned. “So, it’s Sunday already…”

            “Yeah, and Daehyun definitely needs a shower.”

            Youngjae chuckled. “I’ll tell him then. Maybe he’ll actually listen to me.”

            ‘Listen to me…’ Youngjae grew quiet as he thought about the last thing Daehyun heard him say before he passed out.

            “Youngjae, are you okay? Are you in pain?” Zelo looked at him curiously.

            “No, no the medicine is working.” Youngjae covered quickly.

            Zelo nodded. “I’m going to inform everyone else about you condition then.”

            “Wh—but Zelo—“

            Zelo was gone before Youngjae could form a good reason for Zelo to stay.

            Youngjae groaned. ‘I can’t tell him that I didn’t want to be left alone with Daehyun right now…’

            Lost in thought, Youngjae started to run his fingers through Daehyun’s hair. ‘There really is no way to get out of this without saying anything… but how am I going to explain?’

            A soft whine escaped Daehyun’s lips, startling Youngjae. Youngjae extracted his hand from Daehyun’s hair and Daehyun frowned.

            Youngjae chuckled at the cute sight by his side. “Good Morning, Sleepyhead.”

            “Youngjae!” Daehyun instantly sat up. “Are you okay?”

            “Yeah, I’ll be okay. I can’t be killed that easily.” Youngjae smiled and squeezed Daehyun’s hand reassuringly.

            ‘Wait…’ Youngjae tensed as he remembered then that he was holding Daehyun’s hand; the hand of the guy he had practically confessed to earlier.

            Youngjae, feeling embarrassed, tried to pull out of Daehyun’s grip only for the older boy to hold on to his hand tighter.

            “You’re…you’re holding my hand.” Youngjae said feeling himself getting more embarrassed by the second.          

            “I know.”

            “Dae—“ “Jae—“

            The boys both stopped and look at each other for a second before laughing awkwardly.

            Daehyun… umm about what I said earlier—“

            “Your confession?” Daehyun corrected.

            “My… my…” Youngjae cleared his throat and looked away. “My, yes, my confession… umm… I…” Youngjae groaned, not at all feeling prepared for this conversation.

            Daehyun laughed. “This side of you is really cute.”

            “Hey!” Youngjae tried again to yank his hand away, but this time Daehyun went with the pull and ended up with his hands on either side of Youngjae. Daehyun’s face was now mere inches from Youngjae and he was staring into Youngjae’s eyes.

            “Would you like to hear my reply?”

            Youngjae gulped not used to being this close to Daehyun.

            Daehyun smirked, obviously seeing the way he was affecting Youngjae, and moved his face ever so closely closer. Youngjae let his eyelids flutter to a close just before their lips finally touched.

            Youngjae relaxed into Daehyun and pulled Daehyun closer with his free hand.

            “FINALLY!” Yongguk and Himchan shouted from the door way.

            Daehyun jumped back at the unexpected noise. Seeing who it was, Daehyun and Youngjae began to laugh at the slightly awkward position they had been found in. Youngjae squeezed Daehyun’s hand again this time as a reassurance to himself that Daehyun was still there.

            Mira, standing slightly behind Himchan, rolled her eyes. “Why is it I feel like you two interrupt a lot of intimate moments?”

            Ryan chuckled as the four of them walked into the room. “Especially Himchan; such bad timing.”

            “Hey!” Himchan looked appalled. “It isn’t my fault people keep kissing in front of me.”

            “He hasn’t interrupted us yet!” Jongup smiled as he pulled Isi into the room after him.

            “He hasn’t interrupted us either.” Bora said rushing into the room and to Youngjae’s bedside.

            “Just my confession.” Zelo said shyly before closing the door.

            “Didn’t that happen at this hospital?” Jongup asked.

            “Oh yeah…” Himchan scratched his chin. “Wow… who would have thought hospitals and injuries would be so romantic for the lot of us.”

            Youngjae smiled as he looked around the room at his friends, new and old, who were talking and laughing at the way their lives have been going, before his eyes set upon his best friend turned boyfriend.

            Daehyun leaned forward and kissed Youngjae’s cheek when no one was looking. Youngjae chuckled, but it fit in with all the laughing going on in the room, so no one suspected anything.

            Everything in that moment was good, barring Youngjae and Mira’s injuries, but soon enough they would heal. One day the group would find a way to defeat the monsters once and for all, but for now the group of friends had each other, and with friendship and love the world would always be brighter. 


A/N: AND DONE! It hasn't taken me this long to finish something this size in a really long time -_-"

Thank you all for sticking with me. 

This series is COMPLETE!

 

If you have any comments, criticisms, or whatever please let me know ^_^

 

Hope you were able to enjoy this~~ <3