First Day, First Incident

The New Girl in Charge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey you>! Thanks for subbing and waiting after all this time. 

Here's the second chapter! Please leave a comment afterwards :)

South Korea - Hospital

Friday - 4:30 pm

 

The sun's soft hues illuminated the room, as it's occupant merely laid down on her side, relaxed and enjoying the warm breeze the afternoon air brought. She closed her eyes, trying to get a whiff of the outside smell.

She sighed, opening her eyes. "Must be nice to walk outside...." She mumbled. as she looked outside the window with hopeful eyes. 

Just then, the opening and closing of the door was heard. 

"Unnie? Are you awake?" A familiar voice called out in fluent English.

The older laid stiff and shocked. Is that Hyorin? She thought, finally making a move to face her visitor.

Hyorin smiled brightly as the older turned to her. "Unnie…” She smiled, making her way to the older gently, wrapping her arms around her sister as soon as she could.

Minjun sat up with unbelieving eyes. "Hyorin-ah...." She began, teary-eyed. "W-what are you doing here?" She asked, immediately wrapping her arms around her sister. "A-aren't you supposed to be in New York?"

The younger simply smiled, wiping her sister’s tears. “I came as soon as I heard…” Her smile faltered, tears forming.

"Hey..." The older began, pulling away from their embrace to wipe her younger sister's tears. "Chill out...." She smiled. "At least you visited me while I'm still here...." She joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

The younger merely frowned. "Yah!" She scolded. "That's not funny, at all!" She cried. "How can you say something like that?"

Jun laughed lightly. "Calm down, Hyorin..." She began. "I was only kidding.” She grinned.

“Still….” Hyorin sighed. “You shouldn’t be saying things like that….” She mumbled.

"Aish..." Minjun rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright." She smiled, making room on the bed for her sister to sit. “How long have you been in Korea?” She asked.

The younger sat beside her sister, resting her head on her shoulder tiredly. “I just arrived this morning…” She said truthfully. “Then, I had to go meet my new boss…”

"Oh? Seriously?” The older asked, slightly bewildered. “Your new boss? Did you get transferred?”

“Ani.” Hyorin shook her head. “I quit my job back in the states.” She said.

Minjun leaned back, studying her sister’s face. “But you already got a new job?” She asked. “Did you start looking for one before you left New York?”

Again, the younger shook her head. “Initially, I was going to look for a job once I landed and told you.” She confessed. “But my previous boss has a cousin who’s like a big CEO here.” She smiled.

The older rose a brow at her sister’s sudden giddiness.

“You want to know who?” Hyorin asked excitedly, sitting up.

Minjun tilted her head. “Who?” She asked curiously, a smile forming on her pale lips. “Tell me!” She grinned.

Hyorin bit back a smile. “J..” She began. “YP.” She grinned.

“No way!” The older yelled. “Like JYP Entertainment?!”

The younger nodded aggressively. “I met him earlier.” She said. “He’s my new boss, now.” She smiled.

“Oh, Hyorin!” Minjun smiled. “So, you’re like a trainee, now?” She asked.

Hyorin shook her head. “I’m going to be a manager for the next week or so.” She said. “Then I’m transferring to a different company JYP-ssi’s trying to get me into.”

“Ah,” The older nodded understandingly. “Well, where are you going to stay, then?”

“JYP-ssi’s got me a small apartment for the mean time.” She said. “He said he’ll cover the first two months’ rent, then I could go on from there.”

Before her sister could reply, the door opened. “Hyorin-ssi….” Greeted a nurse. “Minjun-ssi needs to drink her medicine and get some rest…”

The young woman nodded, smiled, and got off the bed, kissing her sister’s cheek. “I’ll try to come by tomorrow.” She said. “Some time after work.” She smiled.

South Korea - Hyorin's New Apartment

Friday - 6:00 pm

 

RINNGGG RINNNGGG!!

 

Hyorin quickly answered her phone. "Hello? This is Song Hyorin~" She said. "Who am I speaking to?"

"Hyorin-ssi?" The slightly familiar voice spoke. "This is Kim Jungwoo-----GOT7's manager?"

"Ah, yes, Kim Jungwoo-ssi?"

"GOT7 has practice tomorrow...." The older began. "And it seems like my other project is calling for me a bit earlier than expected...."

The young woman nodded understandingly. "I see...." She began. "Do you want me to start tomorrow instead of Monday, then?"

The older man heaved a sigh of relief. 

"Yeah," He said. "I'm sorry for the inconvinience....Park Jinyoung-ssi just told me that I'm needed right away for my other project..."

"It's alright." Hyorin smiled. "I think it's best to start working right away, anyways."

"Hmmn....will you be fine?" Kim Jungwoo asked. "You've got a copy of their schedules, don't you?"

The younger nodded. "I just received them via e-mail not too long ago." She said. "I think I should be okay."

"Alright. I trust you can handle everything you need to for tomorrow's practice and schedule, right?" He said. "I left the building not too long and I'm currently heading to my new project, so I won't be able to start you off tomorrow...."

"It's alright, Kim Jungwoo-ssi...." She smiled. "I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll do my best!"

GOT7's Dorm

Saturday - 5:15 am

 

"Hyung...." The young man whined, pushing his head into the comfort of his pillows. "Just five more minutes, Hyung!"

Jaebum shook his head, rubbing his sleepy eyes with one hand as the other proceeded to pulling one of the maknaes out of bed. "Manager hyung's going to be here any minute, now...." He croaked. "We've got practice at 6..."

Before the young leader could hear the maknae's response, Jinyoung's voice rang through the halls. "Hurry up, Jackson!" He yelled. "There are still five of us out here!"

The young leader rolled his sleepy eyes, as he proceeded to give Bam Bam's comforter one more tug. "Get up." He said as he left the room. 

"Jaebum hyung..." A sleepy voice called out. "Come and eat breakfast..."

Jaebum gave their maknae a small smile, before settling himself beside Mark. "Who cooked?"

"Mark hyung and I." The youngest gave him a toothy grin. "Though hyung did most of the work."

Mark merely smiled. "Jinyoung's busy yelling at Jackson to hurry up in the bathroom." He said. "No one else would've volunteered to cook if I hadn't."

"Thanks, hyung." The younger man smiled. "But where's Youngjae?"

The red head pointed to the couch. "I dragged him out when you got up." He smiled. "But he's still in dreamland."

Yugyeom got up from his seat and walked towards his sleeping hyung on the couch. "Hyung~" He called out cutely. "It's time to get up, hyung~"

The vocalist stayed unmoving.

"Hyung~" He called out once more. "Youngjae hyung~"

Jaebum shook his head. "It's not going to work Yugyeom." He called out. "Come and eat first."

The youngest nodded and strutted off back to his seat. "How can someone be such a heavy sleeper..." He mumbled.

"We don't know either, Yugyeom.." Mark chuckled.

The young leader chuckled along, before noticing their eldest's clothes. "Ah, hyung." He began. "You're done, already?"

Mark nodded. "I woke up to Jackson's snores." He smiled. "Didn't you?"

The three shared a laugh before their doorbell rung.

"That must be manager hyung." Jaebum thought out. 

"Right.." Mark got up. "You two," He pointed to their leader and the maknae. "Hurry up and finish before we get scolded."

The two merely nodded and continued away, eating.

The red head hurried and answered the door, expecting to see their manager hyung. But what surprised him was the young woman who stood in front of him.

"Ah." He gasped lightly. "You're the girl from yesterday, right?" He asked.

"Girl?" Jaebum called out. "What girl?"

Mark gave her a slight smile before yelling back. "Manager hyung's substitute!"

Instead of hearing another answer, a few clings were heard and soon, Jaebum and Yugyeom rushed into their rooms.

The eldest boy smiled and nodded. "Are you substituting starting today?"

Hyorin, although a bit confused and flustered at first, smiled back and nodded. "Kim Jungwoo-ssi's new project needed him earlier than what was initially thought." She explained. "So instead of Monday, I'm starting today."

Mark nodded and made way for her to come in. "The boys are still getting ready so you might want to-----"

"Yah, Jinyoung!" A voice yelled. "I'm finished! It's your turn!"

Hyorin flushed immediately at the sight of Jackson shirtless, coming out of the bathroom and into the kitchen.

The red head's eyes widened a bit. "Yah, Jackson! Put on a shirt!" He scolded. 

The younger man turned toward their eldest. "Why----" He stopped immediately as soon as his eyes landed on the smaller body besides his friend. "Oh." He said, recognizing the young woman in front him. "Oh." He smiled. "Like what you see?" He joked, giving her a small smirk.

Before the young woman turned a new shade of red, Mark's hands covered her eyes from behind her. "Yah!" He yelled at Jackson. "Hurry up!"

Hyorin swears she could smell Mark’s faint cologne, and feel his body warmth; They were that close.

But before she could react, Jackson's chuckles were heard. "Alright, alright..." He laughed. "I'll go get changed." He sang, leaving for his room.

"Aish..." Mark shook his head, tearing his hands away from the young woman's face. He gave her a small apologetic smile. "Sorry about that." He said. "We don't usually have female guests...."

Hyorin gave the red head a sheepish smile. "Don't worry about it." She blushed. "You guys didn't know I was substituting today...."

The older rubbed his nape a bit awkwardly. "Well, if you don't mind," He began, heading to the living room where their main vocalists resided. "We've still got a few minutes before we go, so how about we wait in the living room?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter