Chapter 1

The Hitman : WooGyu


 

Woohyun parked his red mustang near the house of Prime Minister Mr. Lee. Waiting patiently while listening to his favorite music on his playlist, a car passed by him and he already knew that it belonged to his client, he decreased the volume of his shuffle and reached for his phone in the passenger seat, he then dialed Mr. Lee and with just two rings, the client answered the call.  

"Mr. Lee, I'll be meeting you at exactly right--now"  

The bodyguard from Mr. Lee's gate called the phone inside the house, waiting for a confirmation from the Prime Minister to let Woohyun's car pass. Mr. Lee gave his orders and the gate opened for Woohyun's car to enter. Woohyun drifted in front of Mr. Lee's house where the said man was waiting for him at the door.  

Woohyun stepped out of his mustang, wearing only a black muscled shirt, black leather pants and a black sneakers, he finished his black fashion with a very expensive black sunglass.

Mr. Lee thought idly if the young man that was walking beside him to the meeting room in his mansion was the hitman he asked for last night. He took side glances at the young man in black, he was doubtful, he briefly wondered if the man could even kill a cat. The image of the hitman imprinted in his head was someone big, muscular, scary - the young lad walking beside him was far from those. He for a moment contemplated whether to continue walking or throw the man out of his mansion. His train of thoughts was halted when the young man spoke in a stern voice.

"If you want to terminate the contract you've signed last night just because you think I'm not suited for the job, well be my guest..I don't have time to deal with your pitiful issues" Woohyun removed his sunglass and looked at the Prime Minister with fierce glint in his eyes. The official was taken aback by the intense stares and words. The young man's gaze and words were sharp as a knife. He could feel the coldness of them seeping through his skin making him shiver.   

"Tsk. They gave me a kid with no respect, maybe I should really call the organization for this matter" He reached for his phone in his pocket but was stopped when something cold touched his forehead. He looked up to see the man aiming its gun at him, the nozzle of it was planted firmly on his forehead. "What the hell are you doing?!"  

Woohyun scoffed at the question and smirked at the now frightened man in front of him "I don't really like people who look down on me, they make their own life short."  

"I have cameras everywhere, if you kill me, the authorities will hunt and get you!" Mr. Lee took a big gulp trying to gain some of his confidence back

Woohyun then slid his gun down from the man's forehead, dragging it against the man's skin making him feel the coldness of the metal, and stopped just above its lips. He smirked 

"Sorry to burst your bubble Lee, but I am not the leader of The Origin's S Unit for nothing, and FYI, this is not the first time I'll be killing a man in front of many cameras" He walked closer to Mr. Lee, successfully crushing the man's confidence back to the ground "Now, you don't want to stain your precious carpet, which I think cost thousands of dollars, with your own blood right?"  

Mr. Lee gulped and slowly nodded, fully intimidated by the young hitman. Woohyun playfully smiled, and tapped the official's cheek, leaning forward, the gun still aimed at its mouth 

"Before I forgot! Listen well Mr. Lee, you paid the organization for your request, but you didn't pay for my respect. If you want my respect we can always talk about it later" Woohyun brought the gun back to his gun pocket and gestured Mr. Lee to open the door of the meeting room. The man nodded and scrambled forward to open the door.


 

Woohyun was leaning on the table, arms crossed on his chest while listening to Mr. Lee's plan. And as always, client's plan were childish and boring, but if that's what they want, then it’s a snap-of-a-finger job for him. They finished plotting the assassination but before Woohyun totally stepped out of the office, he spun around facing Mr. Lee again and asked  

"By the way, I want to know why you want to kill your friend"  

Mr. Lee was taken aback by the question but stood up from his chair and looked straight at the hitman 

"I have always envied and wanted what he has; living a perfect life where everybody adore you; family, people, the country. The only way for me to have that life is to kill that person who made me feel this way." There was a glint in the Prime Minister's eyes and Woohyun could tell those were greed, greed for power, for love, for popularity. Everything that the other never had.  

Such a pitiful man. 

Woohyun was itching to shoot the man dead behind his table to reduce the number of rats in the government and the world, but opted to just leave and close the door behind him silently. His bullets were too precious to be wasted on such person. On the other hand, this was his job and he had to make sure no forms of emotions  gets in the way. If the man wanted his friend dead, then he'd serve Prime Minister Kim's head on a silver platter. That was his job and he had to do it properly.


 

Woohyun drove his way back home and spent the rest of his time preparing the things he needed for the assassination the day after tomorrow. Sungyeol was helping him by tracking his target, taking notes of Mr. Kim's everyday activity 

"Woo hyung! Mr. Kim will be attending a conference at Jeju this Friday" Sungyeol looked at Woohyun with watery doe eyes "Are you going to Jeju? You're not gonna leave me here right?"  

Woohyun took a glance at Sungyeol's laptop where green and red dots were blinking on what seemed like an aggregate map of Korea "I won't be leaving Yeol, Mr. Lee wants his friend dead before it could even reach the airport, so that means I have to kill the prime minister on his way"  

Sungyeol grinned and clapped happily like a seal "Thank god! Don't worry Woo hyung, I'll keep tracking him and immediately update you if there are any changes on his activity"  

Woohyun messed Sungyeol's hair causing the other to whine telling him to stop messing his hair that he styled for hours and stop treating him like a kid as well. Woohyun had to laugh at the adorableness of it. He opened a can of Pepsi and offered one to his bestfriend which the other gladly took.


 

That night, in the house of Prime Minster Kim, a gentle sound coming from the piano echoed through the house. Mr. Kim and his wife were sitting together on a couch while listening to their son's self-composed piano piece for them. The couple watched their virtuosic son run his slim fingers on the ivory and charcoal black keys with smiles visible in their faces. The music ended in such perfection. The couple clapped their hands and made their way to their son to congratulate him.  

"Congratulations son, to your new composed music that you made us listen first before the others" Mr. Kim patted the back of his son, feeling so proud that he had a son with such talent.  

"My dear Sunggyu, it was wonderful!" The mother gave his son a tight embrace, letting go immediately when she felt his son running out of breath. Sunggyu grinned and bowed at them.  

"I have a great idea!" Mr. Kim put a hand in Sunggyu's shoulder "Play at the conference in Jeju this Friday! I'm pretty sure the others will love to hear you.."  

"Oh that's a great idea! Then after the conference, we can spend a little family vacation in Jeju!" Mrs. Kim announced excitedly.  

"So what do you say Sunggyu? Are you in? My son?" Mr. Kim offered a hand to his son

Sunggyu gladly took the offer and gave his father a handshake "I'll make you proud Dad" He said confidently before placing his hands back on the piano keys and playing a random piece which his subconscious created while running his fingers over the keys which he knew by heart.


 

Woohyun was devising a plan on how to kill his prey, calculating the time he'd be wasting in the mission when his phone rang. His hand grabbed the device unconsciously and tapped 'answer' without checking who the caller was. Upon hearing the voice of the person on the other line he immediately regretted answering the call. He made a mental note to check the caller first before answering

"What do you want L?" He asked 

"Leader Nam! Heard you're in a mission..So how's it going?" teased L, the second best hitman in the S unit (and the most handsome too). Woohyun clicked his tongue because he knew the reason why the younger called.  

"Don't piss me off. So how're you and Sungjong?" Woohyun rasped  

"Ow..We're better than you are!" L playfully laughed  

"Aisht. Really this jerk!" Woohyun massaged his temples 

"So anyway, I just called to check up on you Leader Nam..Just missed having a daredevil mission with you..Bye!" L ended the call first before Woohyun could even retort some menacing words.

Woohyun stared at his phone and cursed before tossing it on his work table together with his stuffs, papers and information about Mr. Kim, a picture then fell from the folder given by Prime Minister Lee, he bent down to pick it up and it turned out to be the picture of Prime Minister Kim's only son, Kim Sunggyu. He leaned back on his chair and brought the picture up taking a good look at the man smiling brightly in the picture. He was pretty--that was his first impression. He wondered if he was that pretty in person too. Woohyun brought the picture closer to his face and examined the man wearing white, smiling brightly while getting inside a car. Yeah..He must be this pretty in person too, he concluded. Something about the him piqued his interest. He stared at it for a brief moment before placing it back on the table.  

Too bad your father has to die.


[A/N] "mingsooyeol-nim..thank you for the chance to be part of this beautiful fic. I'll do my best.~anjellie_ka" --- I am very much honored to have you as my co-author anjellie_ka author-nim ^^ So this is the first chapter. Hope you like it guys! I'm doing my best to update all my story so bear with me if I'm taking too long. After all, I'm a student who still have to study for exams and stuff.