Prologue

The Hitman : WooGyu


 

The moonlight coming through the glass window-wall illuminated the dim hallway. A man wearing a black suit walked in the middle with angst, his fine features glimmering in the poorly lit room – raven black hair, light tanned skin and well-built muscles. His suit perfectly hugged his fine curves making him look so slick in black suit. The man itself was shining, though his presence was dark and deathly.

The man halted in front of two steeled door, his eyes still looking straight ahead

"S unit leader Nam Woohyun is here and asking for permission to enter" The man named Woohyun said sternly, announcing his arrival to the person behind the doors.

The button beside the steel doors blinked twice before the doors themselves slid wide open on each side, making the latter visible to the person inside. Woohyun entered a modern styled office with black as its only color, he walked straight in the middle with authority and stopped when he was at a perfect distance to the middle-aged corporate man standing and leaning beside the CEO table. Woohyun bowed his head to show his respect before standing still, both arms in each side and wearing a stoic face. The man stared at him for a moment then placed a brown folder on his table, he gestured a hand for Woohyun to take it. The latter nodded and did what he was ordered. Woohyun took and opened the folder that revealed to be as the profile of his mission

"Boss, this mission is too easy for me, I could let one of my mates finish this in just a sec" Said Woohyun as he closed the folder and placed it back on the table "In fact, the S unit is not needed here, why don't you give this mission to the new bred hitmans?"

The man that Woohyun called boss laughed at his complain "Woohyun, the man who came here and offered a hell lot of money, wants the cleanest assassination for his dear friend" His boss walked back to the CEO chair and sat "And I just granted his request"

Woohyun closes his eyes and sighed "But boss, why me? Why can't it be Myungsoo or best--Sungjong?"

"I already assigned Myungsoo on a mission in the military with Sungjong"

"But--"

"You'll do this mission Nam Woohyun, this is a direct order!" His boss cut him off making him stop as soon as the loud stern voice echoed across the room.

"The things you need to know for the mission is all in that folder, by the way, the man wants to meet up with you to discuss the plan"

Woohyun just nodded and took the folder on the table like he was forced to do so. He bowed to his boss and turned around to walk towards the door.

The boss just smiled at Woohyun's whispered complains and watched the young man walk out of his office.


 

Woohyun parked his black Audi R8 to his garage and walked towards the door to enter his house, but he stopped as soon as he twisted the door knob to open. Hearing a sound coming from his living room made him take out his P270B pistol with a silencer that is connected on its muzzle from his bag and walk stealthily towards the sound. He peeked through the slightly opened door of the living room carefully and sighed when he saw the figure of his bestfriend sitting on its wheelchair and playing a noisy game on its tab. Woohyun walked towards the couch and placed his bag beside the coffee table before sitting down to stare at the man.

"What're you doing here Yeol?" Woohyun asked to gain his bestfriend's attention. The latter, whom he called Yeol, looked back at him for a second before turning his gaze back in his game.

"I want to stay here for the mean time, my stepbrother will be staying at home and everyone in the house seems hyper..I don't like it" Sungyeol finished his game and flashed a smile to Woohyun "So can I?"

Woohyun smirked and scoffed back "Take the room beside mine" He took the remote in the nightstand and opened the T.V to watch the news. Sungyeol nodded happily and went back to his tab to play another game.

After spending some time in the living room and finishing one of the late night cartoons. Woohyun was now helping Sungyeol in his wheelchair to climb up to the second floor. Once they arrived at the said floor, Woohyun pushed Sungyeol's wheelchair towards the bathroom and helped his friend to clean up for sleep. 

"You know, you don't have to help me dry up, you already washed and covered me" Sungyeol pouted as Woohyun kept drying Sungyeol's hair with a clean towel.

Woohyun just smiled and kneeled in front of his friend so their face was at the same level "You're like a little brother to me, I can't help it" He pinched its cheeks lovingly and smiled warmly. Aside from his mates in their unit he had no one in life except his brat of a friend Sungyeol.

Sungyeol pushed Woohyun away from him and wheeled himself towards the bed, he stopped and turned his wheelchair to face Woohyun and smirked "I wonder how the other hitmans’ would react if they found out you were keeping and taking care of a disabled person"

Woohyun put his hands in his pocket and pondered for a moment. Silence took over them and made the atmosphere awkward. Sungyeol shifted in his wheelchair and transfered himself to the bed without any problems. He made himself comfy before staring back to Woohyun who was still staring back at him without a word. He pouted at the older man.

"Do you have a problem Woo hyung? You can always tell me what's bothering you" Sungyeol broke the awful silence between them, pulling Woohyun back from his mini trance. Woohyun shook his head and faint a smile

"I have another mission" He started and walked towards Sungyeol. He took the empty space beside the latter and leaned back on the bed’s headboard.

"That's..not new, so what's the problem with that?" Sungyeol tilted his head in confusion thinking about what could be troubling his bestfriend. He was never the type to worry about missions - He was, after all, the S Unit’s leader.

"Nothing's wrong..I'll be assassinating one of South Korea's Prime Minister" Woohyun said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Oh..So who? Prime Minister Mr. Lee? Mr. Jung or..." Sungyeol gasped "Don't tell me it’s Mr. Kim?"

Woohyun just nodded making Sungyeol lean his back as well on the bed’s headboard.

"Woah..Mr. Kim is the people's favorite Prime Minister, he has done so many good things for the country" Sungyeol sat right back up "Now why would anyone want him dead?"

That's the question Woohyun wanted to know. Why would anyone want to eliminate the Prime Minister, who only did was to serve the country good and fair?

Unless, he was doing something illegal behind the people's back, or – Envy and Betrayal. Woohyun knew that the political world was a sinister place. Most politicians taking the country's money and spending it for their desires, a few others spent it for the goodness of the people, and some of them just – spent it to them. Woohyun had seen the world as cruel in each mission he had taken, and he still couldn’t forget the silly stories behind those lives he had ended, for example:

He eliminated one of the best known CEO in the country just because its wife knew that the CEO, her husband to be clear, had been cheating with its secretary.

He eliminated an innocent priest just because he was getting on the way for the Mayor's campaign.

Also, he eliminated an Actor to give way to another Actor just to take the lead part for the most awaited movie of the year.

Humanity was going down the drain. Woohyun wanted to laugh at their reasons and also laugh at the other examples he had to prove that the world they were leaving right now was very cruel. And maybe, just maybe, the new mission he was given and taken was another one to laugh about.

"I'll be meeting the person who wants the Prime Minister dead tomorrow" Woohyun announced and stood up "Sleep now Yeol, I'll tell you the story once I knew"

He patted Sungyeol's head gently and tucked him in his blanket "Good-night" He then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. He fished out his phone from his right pocket while walking away and dialed the number of the person who wanted the mission

"Hello is this Mr. Lee?" He started with a stern voice "Yes...Lets meet tomorrow at your house and discuss the things that needs to be done"

Woohyun ended the call and opened the door to his room.


[A/N] Hi everyone! Hope you'll like one of my rarest WooGyu angst story! ^__^ And Im proudly to announced that I have a collab with anjellie_ka (Yay!) -- This author-nim is one of my fave best author here in AFF!. Actually this my first collab story cos honestly Im just new here :) So anyways, hope you'll support both of us! Fighting!~