Prologue

The undercover heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CN Blue I'm a loner

The LCD screen, of the Central Seoul Investigation Department, was spiked with sharp angles resembling a modulus cosine graph. It was a call tapped from the mobile of their suspect. The voice over the line was shrill and agitated, resonating sharply in the basement room of the police headquarters. Se Hun typed furiously on the keyboard of the monitor as he desperately tried to trace the whereabouts of the mysterious caller. Time was everything to him, he bit on his lower lips as he squinted his eyes on the numbers flashing across the monitor like a matrix.

 

" I love you, but..." The male on the line hesitated, his accent, although almost inaudible, was foreign.

The female let out an annoyed shriek ,followed by a faint crescendo of broken glass. " But what?" She screamed. " It's our chance now!"

" Joo..." He whispered exasperatedly, " calm down. Throwing a tantrum now wouldn't work. You'll hurt yourself." He let out a strained sigh. " Get a servant to clean up your broken glass Joo. And." He said, after a pause. " Stop drinking anymore. It's not good for your health."

" Shut up." She hissed venomously. " Just do it."

The male exhaled heavily, a pregnant pause trailing after it. " But," he began gingerly, " people would gossip... tongues would wager. Your reputation Joo...think about it. And, what about mine?"

She scoffed contemptuously into the line. " Your reputation?" She chuckled blankly. " You'll have nothing without me. You were a mere nobody before you met me."

" I love you Joo..." He whispered pleadingly in, Japanese, his mother tongue.

" Shut up." She rebuked. " Don't you ever say those cursed words at me again. I never want to hear them again!" 

With that, she hung up furiously, slamming the phone down with a loud thud.

 

 

Fifteen seconds and twenty-two milliseconds.

That was how long the call lasted.

" ." Se Hun cursed irritatedly, grabbing his headphones off his ears and slamming it onto the table. " Lost the damn signal." He swallowed hard and turned around slowly. Grinning bashfully, he looked at his boss and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. " What now hyung?" He asked, his voice shaky from his nervousness.

The faint glare from the monitors and screens illuminated the room in its faint glow. The monotonous dial tone echoed throughout the whole room. The analog clock on the wall ticked away mec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter