Lee Sungjong's Secret

If I Die Young

Myungsoo’s POV

 

Today is my first day at school.

 

I’m waking up in excitement as I’m walking out of my room. Sungyeol gave me a bedroom at the second floor which is right in front of Sungjong’s bedroom. Our bedrooms are separated by a small corridor which connected to a bathroom at my bedroom door’s right side and the stairs to the first floor at my bedroom door’s left side. Staring at his door, I wonder if he’s already awaken or not. I’m taking a few steps towards his bedroom and knocking the door a few times.

 

“Sungjong-ssi, are you awaken yet? Would you mind if we’re going to school together today? It’ll be a great help if you lend me a hand on my first day at school... Sungjong-ssi?”

I’m trying to knock his bedroom’s door again but there’s no response. I’m starting to get worried about him. Yesterday I found him unconciouss in the bathroom, what if he experiencing the same thing today in his bedroom?

 “S’Sungjong-ssi! Are you there?? Please answer me!”, I’m starting to yell at him as I’m knocking his door in panic. There’s still no answer and I’m preparing break into his room when I heard a familiar voice asking to me.

 

“What are you doing, Myungsoo-yah?”

 

I’m turning my head to the source of voice and found a puzzled Sungyeol raising his brows at me as if I’m doing anything weird.

“Sungjong-ssi; your brother, he haven’t answered me at all since I knocked his room this morning. What if he—“

“Sungjong went to school since half an hour ago. Of course there’s no replies from him if you knock that door”

 

Now it’s my turn to become puzzled as I’m tilting my head to my shoulder a bit and says, “Eh?”

“Yeah he is. He’s already gone, so there’s no point to get worried over something that impossible, Myungsoo-yah”, says Sungyeol again.

“A, aah... I see...”

It is so damn awkward that I wish to melt at the time and vanished into the floor. Sungyeol laughed at me as he’s going down.

“Sungjong never likes being accompanied to school ever since he’s entering senior high school. I guess I have no choice but taking the responsibility to accompany you on your first day school, right?”, add Sungyeol again, “Hurry up and get ready to school in ten minutes, Myungsoo-yah. Or the gate might have closed when we arrive later”

 

***

 

“Sungyeol-ah, does your brother always goes to school all alone every morning?”, I asked Sungyeol curiosly as we’re departing to school with Sungyeol’s car. Sungyeol humming in agreement as he’s focusing on driving the car.

 

“Yeah, he is. Actually I found it a little bit weird, ‘cause he’s never been like this when he’s still in junior high school. We only have two years yet it seems like he’s getting even further than before. I remember that we went to school together on his first week as we’re attending the same school back then. But later on, he’s starting to go earlier than me and went home after me. It was kind of weird  as I thought that he’s avoiding me, but...”

 

“But?”, I’m raising my eyebrows as I’m getting more curious.

“But..., he always convinced me that everything is alright. He said he always went to school earlier to avoid the possibility of being late and he’s also went home late because he took a midnight class. Ever since that day, I never asked him about it again and decided to push off all of my bad thought about him...”, explain Sungyeol, “I do trust him with all of my heart, yet my intuition tells me that there’s something wrong with him...”

“Really? Like what?”

“Like..., if he’s getting even more sick because of his environment... You know, something around bullying or somewhat like that...”

 

I’m widening my eyes in shock.

“You mean... his bad health might be caused of his friends treat?”

“Well, uhh.. that’s just my opinion actually. But if it’s for real then I won’t forgive his friends, I’ll beat them into a pulp for hurting my sweet and innocent little brother”, says Sungyeol in growl as he’s tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

“I.. I see..., don’t be mad Sungyeol-ah...”, I say while staring at how strong his grip at the steering wheel is.

 

Gosh, I can’t imagine what would I be if I ever messing up with Sungyeol’s brother. I would be crushed in no time I bet.

 

“Sungjong have been sick ever since he’s a kid and I think it’s getting even worse lately. That’s why I got worried over him because he’s almost rarely at home nowdays. I can’t take a proper care of him right after I rolled in the university, that’s why I need your help, Myungsoo-yah”

“Mwo? For what?”

“For taking care of Sungjong-ah at school. From now on, please make sure that he’s doing fine when I’m not around. Got it?”

 

What’s gotten into my life right after I went back to Korea in two days??

 

***

 

“I’ll drop you here then, you don’t mind walking a little bit to the school right?”, ask Sungyeol as we arrived at the school’s gate.

“Sure, no problem. Thanks for giving me a ride”, I answer him as I’m opening the door and geting out of the car.

“You’re welcome. But, seriously. If you meet Sungjong later, tell him to drink his medicine, kay?”, says Sungyeol with a worried tone.

“Alright, I’ll try what I can. See you later, Sungyeol-ah”

“See you, Myungsoo-yah”

 

After that we’re parting away as I’m walking towards my new school. There’s not much difference in here with my school in Japan visually, except for the writings of course. Most of them are written in hangul and I’m having a minor problem with it ‘cause the last time I read and write it was when I was in my 5th grade in elementary school. With my hardship and effort I’m finally able to find the teacher’s room and meet my new homeroom teacher.

 

“You’re Kim Myungsoo, right? I’m Jang Nara. Your homeroom teacher in class 3A. Normally a transfer student won’t be placed in the best class. But since your grades in your previous highschool in Japan is more than enough, the principal decided to move you into my class . You may ask for my help if there’s something bothering you in this school. Like, if there’s someone that bullies you, or if you have any difficulity with your homework, etc. Now, any questions?“

 

“May I ask you about Lee Sungyeol’s brother, Lee Sungjong from 2nd grade?”

 

***

 

Gosh..., in the end Lee Sungjong is still a mystery for me. Jang-songsaengnim gave me a weird expression on her face when I asked him about Lee Sungjong and changed our topic back then. I guess I should ask someone from the 2nd grade anyway, though I haven’t found  him at all since this morning..

 

I’m still in my deep thought as the teacher suddenly calls me.

“Hey, you! Transfer student, Kim Myungsoo! Quit slacking off and do this question! This is your first day school yet you dare to not paying attention at my math class, huh?”

 

His voice almost like echoing through the class while the rest of my new classmate being all quiet automaticly. I’m kind of shaking a bit as I’m walking towards the whiteboard. However, there’s nothing to be afraid of if I’m able to answer the question and beat his challange. I’m taking a deep breath before opening the marker cap and reading the question carefully. Suddenly I realized that I’ve learnt this in Japan last year. Therefore I’m starting to get my confidence again while doing the equation. It doesn’t need a long time as I finished it in one minute with a perfect answer.

 

“Hmph, I guess you’re just lucky this time. Go back to your seat then”, says the teacher as he examining my answer. The class sincerely applausing for me and some of them whispering to congratulate me for beating the teacher’s quest. I’m smiling at them to show my gratitude as some of the girls squeling at how cute I am (or something like that). Although I’m happy, my smile doesn’t last too long as I saw a figure of a boy that I met on the other day from the window next to my seat. He is sleeping on the grass under a tree and seems like in the middle of slacking off from his class.

 

Lee Sungjong

 

***

 

I walk through 2nd grade classes corridor while some juniors looking at me as if I’m an alien. I’m trying to have a peek into the classrooms yet there’s no sign of Lee Sungjong. A boy coming out from one of the class and asking me if I’m searching for someone.

 

“Excuse me sunbae, but I wonder if you’re looking for someone in my class? Maybe I can help you”

“Oh, yeah.. I’m looking for a boy whose name is Lee Sungjong, he’s a sophomore in this school”, I answer him. The boy suddenly frowns his eyebrows as he heard Sungjong’s name. Not only him actually, but most of the sophomore around me are giving me the same expression. What’s wrong with them?

 

“Uuh.., are you sure it’s Lee Sungjong?”

“I am. Why? Don’t tell me that you don’t know who Lee Sungjong is? You know, quite tall, pretty face, black short hair, and a little bit ‘unfit’ at several times?”

The boy widening his eyes as I’m saying ‘unfit’ to describe what Sungjong is like. He and several juniors next to him that gathered because of me are staring at each other with doubting face.

“I’m sorry sunbaenim, I don’t think I know about Lee Sungjong whom you describe neither may friends. As long as I know, Lee Sungjong is indeed have a pretty face, but he is a gang leader who often fights and smokes around the school area. So I don’t think this Sungjong is the same Sungjong that you’re looking for. Unfit is just not like him at all”

 

This time I’m the one who widening my eyes. That Lee Sungjong who easily faints when I came yesterday is a gang leader? How is that possible?

 

“You’re joking...”

“I’m not, sunbaenim”

“Then prove it to me. Bring me to his basecamp”

The boy sighed as he shakes his head

“I can’t. I’m sorry for being such a scaredy cat, but there’s no way I could get back from that place without being bullied by the gang”

I’m raising one of my eyebrows at him and turning my head towards the crowd behind me.

“Any of you guys would do it instead of him?”

The crowd slowly taking a few step back before looking at each other as if they’re asking if anyone would do it. In the end all of them are shaking their heads like a bunch of losers. I’m getting impatient at them eventually and decided to look for him by myself.

“Alright then, don’t tell me where he is. I’ll find him with my own power as I’ll prove it that he’s not like what you think!”

 

I’m pushing the crowds away and leaving them when a student suddenly shouts at me

“Hey sunbae! Tell us that he’s as innocent as you think from heaven later!”

The other laugh at his joke but I’m not

 

Wait until I found out what Lee Sungjong really is like

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the long update, I'm 'enjoying' my holiday too much that I forgot to write the story --;; And my sisters were made me watching B.A.P, BTS, and Got7 as soon as I'm coming home, which is bad because I'm easily getting distracted by them (Daehyun and Jr are cute though). Anyway, that's my main reason for being lazy to update this story though... but! Infinite suddenly informing us that they'll make a comeback at 22nd July! The teaser is a total badass and this is absolutely what I'm waiting from them! (Oh yeah, my imagination about this 7 guys fighting like a gang seems like going to be true!) 

Myungsoo is handsome as usual in that teaser, and I love how cool he is with those wounds on his flower boy face! Those cold eye stare is just perfect! I was like: daamn, this is exactly what I meant in my fanfiction!! *me: trying to hold my drools over L* But as soon as I saw Sungjong in the teaser, my mind went freeze. How come that baby Sungjong become that manly like that?! I mean, where is his smooth silky long hair that I loved back then? That shaving on his head is just... somehow unacceptable at first, and why does he seems pretty good at fighting with that umbrella? *sigh* this is literally destroying the princess image of Lee Sungjong *le sobs* Anyway, I can't wait for their comeback, I wish this would be more epic than Last Romeo ^^

Okay, enough for my fangirling time, I should continue writing the next chapter.

I hope you're enjoying this chapter, thanks for reading and subscribing this story~ :D