Week 1

Minute Maid

Topp Dogg - Some 


The following week, Mimi returned to the dorms. She stood outside the tall building and tightened the strap of her bag over her shoulder. Her heart thudded softly in her chest and a deep breath left her pink lips.

  

  Mimi made her way up the steps and entered the code. The door clicked open and she entered the dorm. Her eyes widened into the size of saucers. Clothes, magazines and food cartons were strewn about the living room. She poked her head into the kitchen and hung agape at the mountain of dishes. It’s messier than last time! What in the- Mimi’s eyebrows furrowed in deep  confusion.NOOOOO!!! Mimi could feel herself slowing slipping into insanity and it was only her second week. I’m going to die. I can feel it...I am just going to drop dead any minute… Annnnny miiiinuteee nowwww…

 

She glanced over her shoulder when she heard thundering steps above. One by one, the boys flew down the stairs, scrambling past her.10...11… Mimi waited. Wait, two are missing…

 

“Hello Mimi.” Poor Mimi almost jumped out of her skin.

 

“M-Mr. Manager, sir…” Mimi  held onto her heart as if it was going to pop out of her chest.  “Good Afternoon…” I wish he would stop sneaking up on me like this…

    

“One of our members is sick today.” Mr. Manager paused as if making sure she completely understood what he was saying. “We  are going to keep the original schedule. No need to worry, our day is short anyway.” At this point, it seemed like he was reassuring himself, more than giving her orders. Mr. Manager adjusted his glasses.

 

“Please go check on Seogoong and go tell P-Goon that we have a schedule to keep. They’re in the first room to your right.”

    

“Y-yes, sir.” Mimi was nervous all over again. Sure, she was used to taking care of her dad whenever he was sick, but this was different. This was a popular idol, the same age as her. But most of all, she didn’t know him.

 

Oh boy… Mimi was regretting all of her life decisions at this point. I should’ve gone to college.  I should’ve gotten a regular job just like everyone else. I should’ve listened to my teachers. I should’ve done my homework… Mimi was at Seogoong’s door before she could think of anything else she should have done. She knocked timidly at the door. No answer. She leaned on the door to see if she could hear anyone inside. Maybe I’m at the wrong door… Before Mimi could pick herself off the door, it opened. Mimi fell against P-Goon’s shoulder.

 

She pushed herself back up as soon as she could and bowed deeply. “S-so sorry!” Mimi bowed deeply.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” P-Goon lifted her head up. “Good  morning, Mimi.”

 

“G-good morning, sir. Mr. Manager says he has a schedule to keep…” This time Mimi bowed only slightly.

 

“P-Goon is fine.” He waved as if trying to rid of the awkwardness or the stiffness or something like that.

 

“Y-yes, s-um, P-Goon...o-sir.” Mimi could say his name without some kind of honorific. Since she couldn’t call him ‘sir’, she almost settled for ‘oppa’. I almost called him OPPA?! What in the world was I thinking!? Bad maid! BAD! Mimi was slapping herself internally. Externally, she silently glided past  P-Goon with a smile of embarrassment. She couldn’t see him grinning to himself because she was too embarrassed to look him in the eye, even though she was slightly taller than him. He left.

 

Mimi saw Seogoong, but his back was towards her. “Um...Seogoong, sir.”  Mimi inched closer. “Are you awake…?” No answer. Mimi moved, but before she could lean over to see if he was sleeping, Seogoong whipped around , scaring Mimi almost completely out of her skin.  HOLY CRICKETS!!!

 

“Well that’s a dumb question.” Seogoong scowled at you.

 

Mimi tilted her head slightly, “I’m sorry?”

 

“Asking someone if he is awake even though they are not answering.”

 

Mimi was felt a little hurt. “I-I’m sorry.” She bowed in embarrassment. Seogoong only scowled at you.

 

“Why do you stutter like that?”

 

“Er...It’s p-probably a habit?” MImi didn’t know what to say. What a rude boy indeed! She felt like crying and running out of the room. Seogoong bursted into a fit of coughs. His coughing snapped Mimi into mommy mode. “Please lay properly.” Seogoong tried to protest but he was to weak to stop Mimi from pushing him to lay flat on his back. She pulled the covers up to his shoulders. Putting her hand on his head, she could see that his temperature wasn’t too high, which was good. “I’ll be right back.”

 

     Mimi moved swiftly and seriously. She made her special porridge while completing all of the dishes in the sink, already sweating from her labor.

 

“Sir…” Mimi peeked her head in the room. Seogoong’s eyes were closed and he was laying in the same position that she had left him. So he CAN be a good boy sometimes… Mimi quietly made her way over to his bed side. Putting her tray on the floor, she kneeled by the bed. She put her hand over his head to make sure his temperature hadn’t gone up while she was away. Mimi’s hand  moved to his flushed cheek. He looks soo cute! Just like a little child. Mimi smiled to herself. Seogoong’s eyes fluttered open. Mimi snatched her hand away before Seogoong could see anything.

 

     Mimi talked to him in a soft voice. “Here, you have to eat something before you take medicine, okay?”  She gently took a spoonful of food, blew it off and slowly carried it to his face.

    

  Seogoong gave the food a long look and then stared at Mimi even longer. Reluctantly, he opened his mouth to the spoon full of food coming his way.

 

     Mimi felt glad and relieved that he was eating her food, but no sooner had she pushed the food in his mouth, he began to complain. “Ew...This food is way too bland. What do they even pay you for?”

 

 

    HOW DARE HE INSULT MY COOKING!? THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING JERK WAD! BE GRATEFUL YOU LITTLE PIECE OF--
 

    “What are you staring at?” Seogoong was frowning at Mimi as she stared in his direction.

 

     Mimi’s opened then closed and then opened it again. “U-um, spicy is not good for y-you. I-I’m sorry.” She tried to be very nice, even though her feelings were hurt.

 

    “I don’t want it.” Seogoong’s tone was sharp.

 

    Mimi’s blood started to boil. “You NEED to eat this, Seogoong...um, sir.” Mimi was no longer nervous. She was just plain upset.

 

    “I said I don’t -”

 

   “Eat the food!” Mimi was practically begging. “Please…” She held back a sob. “I-I’m going to leave this h-here. Please besuretotakethemedicine.” Mimi shoved the bowl on the desk next to the bed and quickly retreated out of the room. Finally, she let her tears fall, but only for a minute because she had to clean up and do the laundry.

 

Meanwhile, Seogoong  was stunned. No one has ever looked, nor spoken to him in that way. Mimi looked hurt. He kind of felt bad. Maybe he was too rough on her.

 

I hate you, Seogoong-ah. I hate you.  MImi was still tearing up as she picked up the trash off the floor and threw it into a white plastic bag. Suddenly, the door opened. She looked up to see who was coming in.

 

The boys were back. Mimi was slightly confused.  “W-welcome back.” She was nervous, maybe it was later than she expected. Maybe she had failed to do her duties as a maid.

 

“We’re back early for once!”

 

“We haven’t had a break in a long time!”

 

“We’re home, Mimi!”

 

“Man, I’m hungry. Do you think you could fix us something to eat?”

 

“How’s the idiot?”

 

Questions were coming from every direction. Mimi’s head started to spin again. She looked a mess, worse than the usually messy bun and sweat pits. Her eyes were red and puffy. Mimi’s  face was like a map of tear trails running from her eyes, down her cheeks and finally disappearing under her chin. Her t-shirt has random wet spots from constantly trying to wipe her tears away. Mimi knew she looked horrible, but she tried to play it off as best as possible, she lifted her head and tried to smile.

 

“I will make something good, okay? Wait a little bit,” said Mimi as she raced into the kitchen, so the boys wouldn’t have to be burdened by her face.

 

Most of boys didn’t think anything of her crying face, well, none but one. P-Goon was concerned. While the other boys went to their rooms, to check on Seogoong and into the living room to watch TV, P-Goon followed Mimi into the kitchen.

 

MImi was looking it the fridge, occasionally pulling things out. She sniffled. Pull yourself together! Some people are just rude… That’s just the way life is. You can’t cry over this! Mimi slapped her cheeks.

 

“Mimi…”

 

Mimi felt her soul leave her body. She jumped around, eyes as big as saucers. She put her hand across her heart. “Don’t scare me like that!” P-Goon…  “Oh...h-hi. Did y-you need something?” Mimi grinned, although she felt like a piece of trash that needed to be thrown away.

 

P-Goon said nothing as his arms wrapped around her waist and gently pulled Mimi into a hug. MImi’s hands were pressed up against her chest. She was speechlessly in shock. Her body stiffened, P-Goon hugged her tighter. After a minute of distress, Mimi started to let go. Her shoulders drooped slightly and she let a tear roll down her burning face.


 
Oops! I haven't posted for awhile. Its been a busy couple of week! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter....Its a little bit shorter but oh well! :)