Job Please

Minute Maid

Topp Dogg - Cigarette


 

Straight out of high school, Mimi had decided to take a year off and not go to college. Mimi didn’t know what she wanted to do with her life and she definitely wasn’t going to pay for college. So, she decided to get a job.  Mimi applied for anything and everything. But she was rejected because Mimi had no experience in anything, really.

 

Finally, Mimi got an interview! It was a position to be a maid. Cleaning, Mimi didn't really mind. A job is a job. She wasn't pick and she definitely couldn’t afford to be picky. Mimi figured she could do it, because she did her chores at home. It couldn’t be that hard.

 

 

         Mimi arrived to the interview in ironed blue jeans, a button up, long-sleeve, white shirt and brown boots. (There was no point in wearing high heels. She were way to tall anyways.) Mimi's thick, curly, brown hair was forced into a tight bun on top of her head. Stardom Entertainment was plastered on the huge building in front of her. Mimi checked her reflection in the mirror. She thought she looked very nice, but as soon as Mimi passed through the sliding doors, she felt like a country bumpkin. All of the women wore heels, pattern skirts and silk shirts. Every girl had flawless hairdos, porcelain skin and long, beautiful painted nails. Mimi glanced at her chewed nubs for nails and the tanned skin of her fingers and sighed. Mimi blew her curly bangs out of her face in defeat. This was going to be a long interview.

 

           It turned out that many girls wanted this position. They all looked like models from various magazines. Mimi could feel eyes boring into her as she sat in the metal, cushioned chair. Girls would pass Mimi, eyeing her timid face and chuckle. They were judging Mimi, couldn’t get anymore obvious than that. Mimi chose to keep her eyes on her clammy hands, resting in her lap.

 

           It seemed to take years before Mimi heard her name called, “Miss Shin Min Ah, please follow me into the next room.” The lady in front of her had a soft but commanding voice. She wore a pinstriped suit and sported short, black hair. Her eyes beaded down on Mimi like red lasers. She was judging her too, just more intensely.  Mimi was honestly scared at this point, but she stood obediently and timidly shuffled behind her.

 

           The assistant led Mimi to a room that had glass walls, which seemed kind of illogical to her. Why even have walls? Mimi thought, Rich people. The lady, who Mimi suspected to be his secretary, opened the glass door for her. Mimi bowed deeply in the doorway, before taking a seat in the single chair. There were two men behind the desk. One was looking at her with a smile that made Mimi feel a bit at ease, while the other was looking at her papers with a slight frown. He made the ease evaporate like a drop of water in a hot pan.

 

       “Miss Shin Min Ah?” The one with a smile broke the silence.

 

           “Ah! Um, call me ‘Mimi’,” Mimi quickly added, “please.” She personally hated her name.

 

“So, Mimi, then. You have the same name as the famous actress. Was that on purpose?” And that was why. Mimi had to explain herself, every time, because it wasn’t like she were beautiful, like the actress or could act, like the actress.

   

 “I wouldn’t know. Haha.” Mimi's voice shook a little as she forced out a small chuckle to ease the tension.

           

“Why is that?” His smile faded a little.

           

“Oh, um, she died during labor.” Mimi glanced at her hands again feeling the air tense again. “Its just me and my dad. He always says that he never got a say in my name. Haha.” She lifted your head and smiled to feel stronger, but she felt more like ice cream cone that had been left out in the hot sun.

 

           The smiling man said nothing more. Mimi glanced at the clock behind them. Each tick made her feel like she was falling deeper into the black abyss of unemployment. The frowning man turned to his smiley companion. “Do you think she’s good?”

         

“She seems good to me.”

 

“Here is a list of things you’ll need. You start tomorrow.” The stern man stood to hand Mimi a piece of paper. Once she got the paper, there was an address circled in red. Was that where she were suppose to show up tomorrow? And as if the frown-faced man read her mind, he answered, “That address is where you shall show up promptly at 9am.”

 

The smiley man stood to join the frowning man, who was already standing. They paused and bowed. Still somewhat astonished, Mimi abruptly stood up and hurriedly bowed deeply. “Thank you!”

 

When they had left, she slid back down into her seat.  “I can’t believe it,” you start to whisper to yourself. “I got the job. I GOT THE JOB!!!!”

 

Quickly, Mimi folded the paper and shoved it in her jeans pocket. Jumping up, she skipped through the hallways and past the dejected looking girls glaring at her. Mimi didn’t care about them anymore, so she smiled sweetly at them and skipped out the doors.

 

That night Mimi looked over the paper before she went to sleep. A change of clothes and a variety of vegetables, meat and snacks were the only things on the list. Well, I guess I'm cooking too.  She slipped into sweet dreams of earning money and finding her prince.

 

In the morning Mimi woke up rather early and decided the take your time and go to the supermarket. She loved shopping in the morning, because there weren’t many people to stare at her unusual height and unruly, thick hair.  Mimi really didn’t like the extra attention but there was really nothing she could do about it. Mimi didn’t have a license, so no car. She had to mostly walked everywhere and caught a ride with anyone who offered (within reason).  This time Mimi rode the train and walked. It was tough work with two huge shopping bags, but she made it either way.

 

Ten minutes early, no so bad... Mimi hesitantly knocked on the wooden door. She panicked slightly when no one came to the door right away.  Right before she could look at her sheet again. Mimi heard hollering and stomping. Someone’s running late. She thought as she waited, still nervous. Finally the door opened.

 

“Hello?” A handsome guy answered the door. Mimi thought she were losing her marbles. He looks a LOT like someone...

 

“Um…My name is Mimi and...Um…I am the new maid?” Mimi wasn’t sure what to do, but she were almost sure that she had the wrong place. Before she could put in another world. The guy was gone. Mimi could here him yell, “She’s here guys!” Guys? She thought.

 

The door was wide open and Mimi took the opportunity to look inside. She almost cried it was so dirty. Everywhere she glanced there was a piece of clothing hanging or crumpled into a ball. Dirty dishes stacked where there wasn’t a piece of clothing. The amount of utter garbage made her want to faint. What monkeys live like this?! Suddenly, a group of thirteen boys lined up in front of Mimi. The guy who answered the door was there smiling widely.

 

“We are Topp Dogg.” They bowed deeply.  

Mimi stood there as each member introduced himself. Her eyes were wide in surprise. She felt her jaw slowly pull her lips apart. THE Topp Dogg!? Mimi fainted on the inside, but on the outside, she just stared.

  

“Um...Are you alright?” The member that answered the door, Hojoon, put his hand out to touch Mimi's shoulder. Her eyes got wider the closer he got to her and she didn’t know where to look. His hand or his face (or somewhere else perhaps). Before Hojoon could touch Mimi, the frowning man from yesterday grabbed his arm pulling it away. She snapped closed and blinked a couple of times. Mimi felt like a complete idiot in that moment.

 

“Introduce yourself to them.” The manager glared at her. Mimi's lips were glued together. The manager prodded her on. “Quickly please!” He glanced at his watch. “We DO have a schedule to keep.”

  

“My name is Shi- um, Mimi. You c-can call m-me Mimi. I am the n-new maid. I d-don't have much-experience. Pleasetakecareofme!” Mimi rushed the last sentence out of in a hurry. She bowed deeply. I’m such an embarrassing idiot. Mimi's cheeks burned. She felt like crying and she hadn’t even been in the house for more than five minutes. That had to be a record somewhere, like in some kind of record book, World’s Worst Fails, or something like that.

  

When Mimi picked up her head, she looked at the manager. He nodded is his head in a stern approval. She felt a little relieved. The boys came closer around Mimi, making her feel like an animal in a research lab. They said “hi” and tried to talk all at once. It made her head spin. The manager yelled something she couldn’t process in the moment. All the members left through the door behind Mimi, leaving her staring at the manager and the manager coolly staring back.

 

She gulped and opened to say something, but had no time to say anything before the manager spoke. “We will be gone all day.That plenty of time for you. I expect the rooms clean, the laundry washed, and dinner made, understood?”  

 

He spoke quickly and precisely. All Mimi could do was snap closed once again and nod at every word he said.

  

“You may absolutely NOT flirt with any of the members. No relationships are allowed. There will be very few times you will be able to see them, so I’m not too worried.” He quickly glanced at Mimi's outfit and shoes. “Not that I was worried to begin with.”

 

She frowned slightly. Well, it’s not like women are knocking down your door either. You squid-looking, ostrich neck, dried up piece of meat!

 

The manager kept talking. “You must go home after you finished washing the dishes after dinner.” Mimi started to nod again. "For today, all of the members met in this dorm and will eat here. There are two dooms for Topp Dogg, because there are so many members. You will alternate days between the dorms." Suddenly, the manager stepped closer to her, looking more menacing that the first time she saw him studying her resume. “And if you EVER leak even a PIECE of information or something comes up missing... Let me tell you, there are worst things that just being fired. Do I make myself clear?”

 

Mimi's brown eyes were as round as the moon. She nodded her head vigorously and quickly spit out  a “yes” that almost got stuck in .

 

“Good.” Mr. Manager smoothed out his jacket and coolly glided past her. Mimi's eyes followed him until he closed the door behind him. She let out a HUGE sigh of relief, glad that introductions were over.

 

Mimi put her grocery bags on the floor. She didn’t really know what to do at this point. She didn’t know where to start. Everything needed help, SERIOUS help. *Click* Mimi jumped and whirled around only to see B-Joo come in through the door. She tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Forgot something!” He ran past Mimi. Her eyes followed him as he disappeared up the stairs. She listened to the shuffles and pounding of his feet hitting the carpet. Within the next few seconds, down the stairs he came with a small backpack.

 

HOW CUTE!!! Mimi stared at the bag longingly. B-Joo stopped just in front of her.

 

“I really like this bag too, but I don’t know where P-Goon hyung got it from.” Apparently, Mimi's mind was really easy to read.

 

“Um...haha...you s-should probably get going…” Her voice trailed off because she didn’t know what to call him.

 

“Ah! You’re right.” B-Joo kissed your cheek. “Bye Mimi. Good luck.”

 

Mimi's eyes widened into the size of saucers and hung agape. The door shut behind Mimi with a loud bang. Did he just kiss me? Mimi gently touched her warm cheek. She blinked several more times before throwing the kiss out of her mind and rushing towards the kitchen.

 


 
OMGGGG!!! I haven't posted anything in a really long time, but now during break, I hope to be posting a LOT more. There wasn't much in this chapter, but stay tuned for the next chapter please. Maybe, I'll even double update. O-O I really hope you can comment and tell me what you think about my story so far, because the main character is a little different. 
 
Much Love.... <3 <3 <3