♐~1~➵

Bound

The first time I remember seeing the demon was when I was still in the recovery room. It was storming, and the only light in my room was from the white flashes of lighting that split the sky. The burns across my shoulders and my back were uncomfortable against the sheets, making sleep impossible, and I was in the process of kicking off the blankets when a sudden movement across the room caught my eyes.

            “Who’s there?” I asked, gripping the sheets between tense fingers. If it had been a nurse or something, wouldn’t they have knocked first, but the only reply was a soft laugh that unnerved me, and I leapt for the lamp that rested on the bedside table, clicking the switch.

 Nothing happened. The room remained dark, and as I struggled with the light, the figure began to move closer. I wondered if it was possible to yank the damn thing out of the wall to use against the person.

            “Who are you?! What’re you doing in my –“

            “Silence.” A quiet, deep voice cut me off in the middle of my rant, and I felt my jaw snap closed at the command. Tension filled the room as I stared at what I thought was his face, but it was hard to tell since the room was so dark, but when a particularly bright flash of lightning made me blink my eyes, he disappeared.

 The second time was just as brief, though no words were exchanged. I was carrying a box of the few possessions I owned up to my new room at my grandmother’s house when I saw movement in the mirror that hung on the back of my door. Blinking, I looked again, and froze like a deer in the headlights when I saw that my reflection wasn’t staring back at me, but had been replaced with a stranger. He had dark red hair pushed off of his pale, clear face and dark, careful eyes carefully ringed with black and shadowed with a dark rose color, though he looked kind of transparent. We stared at each other for a few minutes, and he suddenly left again, leaving me confused and angry. (I threw out the mirror about an hour later, explaining to my grandmother that I wasn’t a girl and therefore didn’t need to have it in my room.)

 I finally found out who he was the third visit, about a month ago. He’d actually appeared out of the middle of nowhere in my room, making me yelp in shock and throw a pillow at him, which he had easily deflected, then moved to the furthest corner of my room when I threatened to stab him with a pen. He told me his name was Chanyeol Park, and he was the one who had ‘saved’ my soul, making me indebted to him. (I think at that point I had actually tried to stab him, but the bastard had disappeared like smoke before I got the chance.)

 For a few visits, he’d appear at random times around me, usually only long enough to scare the life out of me, then disappear before I could hit him. But he’s been showing up more often, and staying a lot longer.

 I didn’t really know that much about him, but about a few months ago, he sent me out to a graveyard, with only the instructions of “Catch any silvery-looking light that you see.” to explain why had to go a cemetery at ten ‘o’clock at night. It took me a little bit to figure out what those ‘silvery looking lights’ were, but I finally figured out, and the weight of what I had gotten myself into crashed over me. Chanyeol Park was sending me out to collect souls.

~

 I shoved the textbook away from me, glaring at the absurd amount of homework that was stacked on my desk. I’ve been back to school for nearly four months, but I was still behind, and was desperately trying to get over that fact by working as hard as I could. A quiet crack sounded behind me, and I sighed in irritation.

            “You know, one of these days you could actually figure out what a door is.” I muttered, turning to face Chanyeol, but the demon just laughed, sitting down on my bed.

            “Never. It’s way too funny to see you jump.” He explained, brushing his red hair out of his dark eyes as he grinned at me, but I glared back.

            “I do not jump.”

            “Do too. I thought your head was going to go through the ceiling.” I pushed out of my chair and stalked out of the room, cringing when I heard his laughing behind me as he followed me down the stairs.

            “I’ll shove your head through a ceiling…” I muttered, storming to the refrigerator and yanking out a few things –a couple of apples, some carrots, celery-. I felt a little thrill of fear shiver up my spine like it always did when I mouthed off to the demon, but he just laughed again, and I gave an inaudible sigh of relief.

           “Nah, you wouldn’t be able to reach it anyway. Have you forgotten how short you are?” Chanyeol snickered, and I threw something at him –I think it was an apple- which he easily caught and bit into happily.

            “Shove off.” I growled, turning back to the food and began to wash it in the sink. “What do you want, anyway? I’m dead tired; I don’t want to go looking for souls tonight.” I waited for the reprimand I usually got when I complained, but the only sound was of Chanyeol chewing on the apple, and I turned to stare at him where he was perched on top of the table. “Hello?”

            “Yeah, sorry. Wait, no. What? Actually, do you think that you can manage on your own for a little while? Kai and Suho are coming for a bit, and you barely seem able to keep calm around me.” Huh? What was a Kai and a Suho?

           “What are they?” I asked, still confused about the two people he had just mentioned, and Chanyeol grinned.

            “More soul-collectors.”

“There’s more of you?” He furrowed his brow at me in irritation, and shook his head.

            “Did I say Chanyeol and Chanyeol are coming for a bit? No. Pay attention, please.” I glared at him before turning back to the sink, scrubbing at the carrots with a vengeance.

            “Why are they coming?”

            “Because I’m tired. Dealing with you is a big pain in my .” He shot back sarcastically, and I snorted at that, feeling him glance at me in annoyance before he continued. “Suho’s been worried abou-“

            “I am not a pain!” I muttered, and Chanyeol quirked a dark eyebrow.

            “You will be in pain if you interrupt me again, and like I was saying, Suho’s been worried about me or something and he wants to mee-“

            “I keep perfectly calm around you!” I suddenly objected, and flinched when he disappeared off the table with a crack, only to reappear standing over me with the same noise less than a half a second later.

            “Could you control your teenage ADD mind and focus for three seconds?!” He demanded, irritation rolling off of him, and I meekly nodded, staring up at him with wide eyes until he moved back to his perch.

            “Thank you. As I was saying …what was I saying?” He broke off, blinking in confusion, and I suppressed a laugh. While he seemed to be back in good humor again, I didn’t want to press it, and just waited patiently. “I have no clue, but do you think you’ll be fine? Not jump off a Lego tower or get run over by a giraffe?” I stared at him in confusion, the vegetables lying forgotten in the sink.

            “Jump…off a Lego tower…run over by a- Are you oka-“

            “Ha, you can pay attention!” Chanyeol shouted in victory, pointing at me with an incredulous look on his face, but I just swallowed what I desperately wanted to say and raised an eyebrow. “Anyway, don’t do anything stupid.”

            “Where are you going to be?” I asked after a moment, and Chanyeol grinned, jumping over the counter in one nimble movement to stand over me again.

            “Aw, is wittle Baekhyunnie worried about his hyung?” He teased, wrapping my neck in a head-lock as he pinched my cheeks. I growled angrily, trying to tug my head away and punched at his stomach until he suddenly let me go.

            “The only thing I’m worried about is that you’ll die before I get the chance to kill you myself! And don’t call me that!” I scowled, crossing my arms in front of me as I gave him my most terrifying glare, which probably didn’t amount to much, seeing as how I had to stare up at him. I only halfway meant the threat, but I wasn’t sure what Chanyeol would do if he took it seriously; and I waited, the thrill jumping up my back again.  

 But the demon just laughed at me, jumping back in case I decided to attack him again.

            “Ouch, that just warms the icy chambers of my heart, Baekhyunnie.”

            “Quit calling me that, you…you...”

            “I’m waiting!” He sang back, grinning devilishly, and I gave up, finally picking up the sodden vegetables from the kitchen sink.

            “I hate you.” I muttered, making Chanyeol’s already creepily-wide grin split even wider.

            “Wow, is it opposite day already?”

            “Shove off!!!” I yelled angrily, and his maniacal laugh sounded as he raced away from me, back to the safety of the kitchen table, which he clambered on easily despite his height. He fell into seriousness as he pointed at me with a threatening finger.

            “Seriously though, don’t do anything stupid like jumping into a Lego pit or getting yourself beat up with a Frisbee.”

I stared at him, utterly confused.

            “Uh…Lego’s still aren’t dangerous…neither are Frisbee’s…” I finally managed to point out, wondering why he was still talking about unharmful objects.

            “You still are paying attention! I need to mark this down on a calander...” I lifted the knife I was using to chop up the celery and pointed it at him threateningly, quirking an eyebrow. “Fine. Just don’t get yourself into trouble. Don’t go wandering about, don’t chew on rat poison-“

            “Chanyeol! I'm not that stupid!"

            “I beg to differ -okay, catch up on your sleep since you about it so much, go play with your friends-“

            “I’m free?” I asked, bewildered, and he gave a grimace.

            “I fear for your kind the day that you are “free”, as you call it.” He pointed out, running a hand through his deep-red hair. “But yes. You are free from having to go look for-“

            “How long am I free?”

            “You’re about to be permanently free in Hell if you interrupt me again, boy.” Chanyeol threatened, pointing a warning look at me, and I immediately shut up, waiting obediently. “And to answer your incessant questions, three days. Sehun is calling us together to talk apparently, so-“

            “Three days?!” I gaped, feeling hope and excitement well up inside of me like a spring, not caring who this “Sehun” was or about the look that Chanyeol was glaring at me with.

            “…I’m leaving before I strangle you. See you in three days.” He muttered, leaving the room with a dark glare and a loud crack. I stared down at my hands, feeling a grin start to split my face as euphoria began to build up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, everybody! :D

Ah...Chanyeol isn't really any type of mythical demon...(I do not think?) But basically he collects souls. And what he do with them shall show later!

Also, with the big monologue at beginning write like this, it is Baekhyun's explanation...slash past slash thoughts slash whatever you want to think of it! ^-^

Anywho... (a lot of sentances starting with "A"...) I hope you like story!