Final

Piano

Dara closed the door behind her and she rested her head on the door, eyes closed. Within seconds her thoughts involuntarily returned to what she had been thinking the whole elevator ride up;

“Do I not want to keep that promise?” she wondered in a whisper unknowingly to no one in particular.

It somewhat seemed like one of those things that only happened to you if your life was like a Korean Drama, she thought while she slowly brushed her hair. To be honest she really enjoyed spending time with the two but was her words of seeing soon the young child misleading?

Her mind continued to be marred with confused notions of the whole situation with Youngbae and Youngwoo to make sense of things. So much so that she didn’t notice Chaerin and Jiyong had finally arrived;

“Sorry, sorry! We’ll change in a hurry unnie then we’ll grab something to eat, wait you’re not seriously wearing that? Are you?”

Everyone that knew Dara was well aware of the fact that she rarely dressed up unless it was utterly necessary. She always went for comfort over fashion however both Chaerin and Jiyong looked appalled at her chosen outfit of a mere shirt and jeans combo.

After a bit of deliberation between the pair and unheeded suggestions from Dara they settled on a Nina Ricci dress that they had meant to give their Dara as a gift.

 cr: style.com


 

“Stop tugging on your dress unnie, you look perfect.” Chaerin said smoothing out Dara’s bangs and softly curled hair. They entered the pub a couple of blocks away from Youngbae’s shop after having a fair bit of dinner.

“Yeah noona. Bae’s eyes will probably pop out of his head when he sees you. Your outfit earlier today was too 12 year old boy-ish. I’ll go get us some pints.” Jiyong nudged her then headed to the bar.

“Thanks. I think?” Dara scoffed.

Looking around nervously, she was out of her element. The place was somewhat similar to pubs you would normally see in the streets of London with a piano and a small stage; she guessed it was for the live performances. It was somewhat a more relaxed place than what her two friends were normally into;

“Thank god.” she thought.

Dara was someone who made sure not to drink in public or be home when the sun came down. Surely Chaerin and Jiyong are relentless on teasing her about it;

“You act like a grandma but you look younger than both of us.” They both would always tell her. So right now, being out and about without any specific occasion was making her anxious. But her anxiety was rooted more on feeling like she owed Youngbae an apology for some reason.

The door opened and Dara perks right up, unfortunately it wasn’t who she thought it was. And after about 45 minutes of this and a couple of live performances; she had long given up that Youngbae was coming through that door any time soon.

“He’s only a little late.” Jiyong assured her, “Are you sure you didn’t screw anything up Noona?”

“Jingyo’s only kidding unnie. But did anything happen? You seem more restless than this morning. Actually no, you seem more; sad.” Chaerin asked as soon as she smacked Jiyong for forgetting his filter again.

“Is it that obvious?”

“You’re heart stops every time that door opens.”

She felt that it wasn’t her place to tell anyone about Youngbae’s situation; after all she had only befriended the man and met his awfully adorable son just today. Not to mention the fact that she may have offended him, for reasons still unknown to her and because of that he may not show up tonight. As Dara was about to say something she was interrupted by the last person she would've thought.

“Good evening everyone. Sorry I’m a little late.” The familiar voice rung through the speakers in English, and everyone else around them cheered as though this person had always performed there.

“Half an hour ago I wasn’t so sure if I should be here. Because I got scared today, for the first time in my life. It wasn't about singing, it had something to do with the unknown. But then I just realized it was a good kind of scared. If you’re here, I hope this song is sufficient enough explanation.”

 


 

Jiyong suggested that Dara take a stroll with Youngbae to the eager support of his girlfriend;

“I think by now you realize how into you he is and I hope you’ll realize how into him you are. I’m not saying marry him, I just want you to stop making sense of things and give it shot.” Chaerin winked before gently pushing her forward.

“Take your time okay noona? Because I have a little plan for Chaerin and me back at the hotel, rest assured we’ll pack first.” Jiyong chuckled placing his arm over Chaerin’s shoulders with a grin and walking with gait in the opposite direction.

Dara shook her head and as soon as she had turned and lifted her head, her eyes met an on looking Youngbae, who quickly evaded eye contact. The latter had just finished his set and thought he was seeing them all out.

“They proposed we take a walk.” She uttered quietly. “And talk, maybe?” Youngbae silently agreed.

 


 

The evening air turned out to be colder than one would expect summer nights should be, but nevertheless that didn’t stop the song of the cicadas. It was the only other sound that could be heard between them other than Dara’s clicking heels; they both didn’t know what to say really.

“You sang really well.” Dara tried to ease the tension. “Thank you for inviting us.”

“Thank you and you’re welcome.” Youngbae meekly responded. "You look really pretty in that dress. It suits you." he sheepishly added scratching his neck while she thanked him shyly.

Then another silence took over them; so Dara grabbed this opportunity to apologize.

“Listen, earlier if I overstepped my bounds in any way with Youngwoo, I’m sorry.” She hesitates for a second, remembering Youngbae’s parting words to her. “I just didn’t want to upset him.”

Her heart sank at the idea of Youngbae mistaking that she was leading anyone on, because in truth it was the total opposite. She does want to see Youngbae again; she wants to see both of them again.

There it was those ever present butterflies in her stomach but this time they were calmer and fluttering in an unconfused manner. She quite enjoyed their presence this time around, a silent reminder of what she had finally acknowledged every time she was around Youngbae.

Maybe Chaerin was right, maybe this was what it was like being “into someone”. Once you've admitted this you would want to spend more time with them, to get to know them. But how could she when she was heading home tomorrow? Then she thinks back to what Chaerin said, it was time to give it a shot. Dara plucked up the courage to go against everything that commonsense told her;

“I like you. A lot, apparently.” Youngbae revealed beating her to the punch, evidently it was mutual and she felt like her heart was about to explode in a sea of bliss. “We both have no idea what we’re getting ourselves into; all I know is that I want to figure it out with you. I just want to be with you all the time.”

Youngbae steps forward and cups Dara’s cheek that seemingly turned a shade of soft pink and her eyes glinting in the moonlight;

“So if you’re still up to it, and I sure hope you are. I’d really like to give you that guitar or piano lesson, whichever one you want, when Youngwoo and I get back to Korea?”

“What do you think the answer is?”

Dara asked meaningfully, before drawing closer to Youngbae and whispering, eyes affectionately staring into his;

“I think I prefer the piano more.”

Underneath the wispy summer breeze and the song of the cicadas a tender smile emerged from both their lips, before coming together to share one of life’s most wonderful moments; “The First Kiss”.

None of it was logical, none of it made sense and yet when you finally have a grasp on such feelings it was such a pleasant high that you wouldn’t want to let go just yet.

 

– END –


A/N: okay finished.^•^ so as you see I wanted to add another YB tearjerker performance. I debated for a long time if I would end this with a sad ending but I just didn't want these cutiepatooties not to end up together.ㅋㅋㅋ gaaaaaahh~ I love this couple.(*¯︶¯*) I re-watched Real Sound by Taeyang to get insipiration. I hope this inspires those who ship them to write a fanfic revolving around these two. They deserve loads more than just supporting ships. O(∩_∩)O Anyway until the next one.XD You don't have to but you can tell me what you lovely people thought of this in the comments below.^•^

 

P.S: I'm gonna be working on my next SkyDragon Fic MerodiasuSairenHime / Jerkkwon / Alex a.ka one of the nicest people great writers around, requested from me on my tumblr. She's awesome really and always gives me great ideas when I'm having writers block.(>^ω^<) You can check that out or not when I'm done even if you don't ship them. Lol. It's up to you. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ~