Chapter 2

Piano

A/N: Thank you to those who subscribed and commented. Initially I wanted this as a two chaptered one shot. It's looking like it might be more, around 4 or 5, we'll see. It's still a one shot tho. lol~

 


 

Suddenly he began to play the most beautiful piece Dara has ever heard live. If he was good looking before even more so now as his fingers moved from one ivory key to the other majestically.

“This is Yiruma’s May Be.” he said, again sweetly smiling at her his eyes turning to two very adorable crescents.

“If this is your way of luring me to buy a piano, you need to do better than that.” Dara joked sitting down next to the young man.

Then right when their shoulders touched Dara felt her heartbeat suddenly increase in pace and her stomach feel completely light. They were sitting next to each other rather close but unusually, Dara wasn’t bothered by it than she normally would be. You see she wasn’t easy to warm up to people she barely knew but Youngbae was sure to put an end to the ambiguity between them.

“Okay. But I’ll introduce myself first. Dong Youngbae.”

“Dara Park.”

“If that doesn’t impress you then maybe this will.”

As soon as he finished the first composition he was playing, Youngbae started with an all new one. It was as though he was determined to make a sale right now because he began to sing;

When he finished the song Youngbae topped it off beaming at Dara with warmth his eyesmile ever present.

Oh how Dara wished he didn’t because she was trying so hard not to swoon. Her cheeks instantly heated up and the wind was knocked right out of her. What the hell, was she having a heart attack?

“Would you like me to teach you?” he asks thoughtfully.

was getting dry by the minute and she was getting scared because she didn’t know what to make of her symptoms. Maybe she should go to the hospital and get an IV because it might very well be the heat.

“Are you okay? You’re cheeks are beet red.”  Accidentally Youngbae moved close enough to do away with the little space between the two of them.

“I’m okay. I mm-mean..it’s-it’s okay, you don’t have to teach me. That‘ll take months. Years even. And we‘re leaving tomorrow.” Rambled Dara backing away from Youngbae.

“Besides I think I’m more of guitar person to be honest–” she pronounced flustered before clumsily standing right up. She needs a drink, stat.

“Well we own a guitar store back in Seoul. I sort of fly back and forth. Guitar and piano are almost the same, so maybe you’d like to do lessons there then?” he said turning around to face her.

Dara felt her hands sweat a bit, he was a persistent salesman wasn‘t he? Her brain was whirring on and on thinking of a proper response when a voice behind her clear and commanding said;

“Yes, she would love for you to teach her guitar.”

Youngbae’s eyebrows quirked to the entrance finding an attractive couple standing there. The one that had spoken was a raven-haired woman wearing a satisfied smile and one hand on her hip. Dara wasn’t too pleased to recognize that voice right now.

She whipped around pointing at Chaerin with an accusing finger and quite comically;

“You. You two. tracked my phone again?”

“Yeah. Well it wasn’t that hard was it? You were clutching on to Rin with a death grip on the plane. So it was your fault for leaving your phone unattended.” the scrawny man with almost white hair said calmly as he surveyed up close one of the pianos on the window display.

“Unnie we just didn’t want a repeat of the Malaysia incident okay.” the woman in jean shorts and an oversized white sweater shrugged.

“Geez. You get lost for 4 hours and people make a big deal out of it.” Dara rolled her eyes.

“Hi! I’m Chaerin and this is Jiyong. We’re friends of Dara’s.” Chaerin said stepping forward to introduce herself with a bow.

“Dong Youngbae.” Youngbae replied returning the gesture by introducing himself in the same way.

“Bro you have great attention to detail.” Jiyong complimented shaking his hand with a smile.

Youngbae thanked Jiyong as the latter steered him to one of the pianos he was interested in, singing praises of his and his father’s craftsmanship.

Chaerin took this opportunity to pull Dara aside;

“What are you doing unnie? He’s totally into you.” she hissed, “And you are too. Go for it.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Dara discounted.

“Yes you do.”

Honestly Dara didn’t know what Chaerin was actually talking about. All she knew was that she was having shortness of breath, her heartbeats were faster than usual and hear stomach was churning, it’s looking like food poisoning.

To think that these things even slightly indicated fondness for someone that she has met for the first time was utterly ludicrous. It does doesn’t it? It has to be? 

She looked at Youngbae again who was animatedly explaining the details he had put into the piano to Jiyong then she felt her palms sweat once more. He’s really passionate about everything he’s made and she admires that. Dara’s mouth unknowingly turned into a smile.

“There! Right there, you so like him.” Chaerin whispered eagerly, to which Dara only rolled her eyes to.

Chaerin knew what she was doing. She always did this when someone started showing any interest in her. She avoided it, she disregarded it and sometimes she was too thick to even take time to notice;

“Hey! Youngbae invited us to this pub down the street later. They’re doing a whole live performance thing.” Jiyong spun in excitement, obviously he wanted to go.

“I mean..that’s if..you guys wanna go?” Youngbae asked specifically to Dara as he scratched the back of his neck. Dara looked at her two friends, she could read it in their faces, they both wanted to go. No more like they wanted her to go, so she agreed out of courtesy.

“Yes! Now if you two will excuse us, Chaerin and I have some shopping to catch-up on. Youngbae I’ll give you a call later.” Jiyong quickly grabbed Chaerin’s hand and they both ran out the door dismissing protests from Dara.

Dara sheepishly smiled at Youngbae, she thought she ought to get out of there. He was probably busy and frankly being alone in a room with him wasn’t an option she’d like right now.

“Appa? Did I miss any customers?”