1 a.m.

Seungri one shots contest

 

Paring: nyongtory, g-ri

genre: angst/drama

prompt sent by PenguinLOvers772

 

 

Sometimes a moment -wait no, a second- is enough.

 

 

 

Youngbae and Daesung were the church boys. Jiyong simply believed. Of course he did. But his life was always so hectic that the thought of God was a blur in his mind.

But there he was, in an hospital, praying for the miracle.

 

 

 

 

“Waaa, I'm so tired” whined Seungri plastered on the couch of their dressing room. He had a towel around his head, wearing a simpleT-shirt with the pants of the stage. Jiyong found the vision so funny that he couldn't contain a smirk. Not that he was in better condition, like the offended look of Seungri was clearly saying. This thing of communicating through stares without even sharing a word was becoming pretty usual between them like, after all those years of membership, something had clicked and they could guess each other's answers with a single stare. Jiyong tried to ignore the fact that it only happened with Seungri and not with the others.

You are worse than a married couple. It's creepy, Ji. Half teased once Youngbae. Hey what he could do about it? It was simply like that.

“Same boat here” interrupted Youngbae who had just entered the room, going to crash beside the maknae. “I don't have the stamina of our rookie days anymore”

“ Happy to hear you are finally admitting to be a gramps” commented Seunghyun from the door, Daesung behind him.

Youngbae glared at him, as the others kept snickering. His bestfriend sometimes acted like a granny with all his nagging but well Seunghyun behaved like a toddler so they were kind of even.

“ But you at least can go sleeping right awa! i have to go straight to the airport.” whined over dramatically Seungri,

“ Like you are not happy deep down inside that you are the busiest among us” Youngbae, making Daesung laugh. Seungri smiled proud and Jiyong couldn't suppress a chuckle “Aww our maknae grew up so well” too.

“Hey it's not my fault that I'm highly requested overseas!”

“It's Japan not Usa, Ri” teased this time Seunghyun.

“ Geographically talking is still called overseas” Seungri retorted.

“ Ok, ok, we got it, you are a busy man” said Youngbae with a obliging tone.

“ Aish all those years and you are still playing 'let's bully the maknae' ” Seungri exclaimed

“ As far as I know no matter if we are 25 or 66, you are still going to be youngest” teased again Seunghyun.

“ Hyung!” shouted Seungri towards Jiyong's direction.

“ What? They are right”

Seungri just shook his head.

“ Bullying is a form to show love” declared Daesung.

“ Ha, c'mon you only say this so you can keep going on forever”

“I guess”

“Aish” they all laughed and in the end even Seungri smiled a bit.

Even though now Seungri was fully grown and had nothing of the baby left in him, Jiyong still wanted to see him like a dongsaeng who needed to be taken cared of, even though now Seungri was fully capable of promoting by himself and looked for Jiyong's help everyday less.

He missed him. Of course but he would never said that to Seungri. He would  never understand.

The laughs were still echoing in the room when their managers came to collect them. Seungri stood up immediately because it was true he was highly requested overseas. He had a program to record later that day, stated Jiyong checking the watch.

1 am.

They put some comfortable clothes and they went towards their vans. Since Bigbang wasn't promoting an album their all had their own activities, which for Jiyong consisted in a closed studio and lyrics that needed to get written. He entered the van with Youngbae who had the same destination, Jiyong's house where Youngbae would crash on since he had to go the studio as well. Seunghyun had a packed schedule like Seungri so he had his own car and manager and the same was for Daesung.

He saw the maknae jump in his van after flashing them with a dazzling smile as he waved goodbye like he was the idol and they were normal people.

“ That brat” commented Youngbae returning however the gesture.

Jiyong chuckled as he waved tiredly his hand too.

 

He then would tear his hair apart remembering that was the last thing he did for Seungri.

 

The van was quiet, the manager was listening to some radio station as Youngbae was dozing near his seat. Jiyong was trying to stay awake because he preferred to sleep in the comfort on his bed.

He looked outside the window the light of Seoul flashing in front of him. He wished for the car to go faster, because he was really tired. Thank god late in the night the traffic lamps were always yellow and so they didn't have to stop at every single red.

He was thinking this when he distractedly looked outside the window, the car slowing down because they were approaching a crosspoint.

His head lulled, he was starting dozing off too.

Then a terrible sound of agonizing brakes and crushed metal, broke the silent air of the night. The car stopped abruptly making his forehead hit the glass rather painfully as Youngbae was pushed forward.

“ What the ..!” Jiyong cursed as a now awake Youngbae looked around in confusion.

Then he saw it.

There.

A car crashed at a side of the street. Jiyong didn't realize what was the real meaning of this, but then he heard the manager do a strangle noise, which was really uncalled even though the scene in front of them was shocking. It was that sound that make it all to clear. The shape of the car was way too familiar, in fact it wasn't a simple car but a van. Awfully similar to the ones the company used.

Wait.

It was the van the company used.

Time stopped. And the air coming in and out from his lungs seemed heavy and cold.

Oh my god. Please, tell me I'm wrong.

Then without even realizing he was trying to open the car door with an urgency that touched madness, but it was locked.

“For ing sake open this door” he cursed, he never cursed to one of his manager but who cared. Youngbae seemed a little unfazed trying to understand what was happening. But the manager was already calling the ambulance and couldn't do anything else. He threw himself in the front seat pushed the button to unlock the doors and before someone could stop him he was out of that car. The van was about 100 mt far from their point and to Jiyong the distance never seemed so far. There were already some people trying to see what happened and checking the conditions of the passengers.

 

 

 

His legs hurt for the exhaustion and the tension but he didn't care. When he arrived and saw what was left of the car he wanted to cry. The manager who was at the drive seat was caged in his position and was bleeding profusely from a wound in his head but he was conscious at least, judging from the way he was calling Seungri's name.

Seungri was trapped inside that car.

Jiyong couldn't bare the sight. His eyes were half opened, but so near to close.

He threw himself at the van and without realizing he found his arms forcing the door opened. But strong arms encircled his body and stopped him. He was seriously going to murder this person.

“Ji calm down, they are coming to help them in this moment. We can't move them or touch them, they could have serious damage and with our action we can only do worse. They are coming Ji. We have to wait and keep them awake.”it was Yougnbae and a part of Jiyong's brain knew it was the right thing to do but what he wanted, was to extract them from that ing car and take them to the near hospital.

He could hear Youngbae talking to the manager and to Seungri, who seemed unable to talk. He was staring at Ji with those eyes of his, with no trace of his usual light. To think an hour ago he was giggling inside a changing room.

“Hyung” Seungri murmured and that probably costed him a lot. But Jiyong knew wasn't calling Yougnbae but him. He knew it.

“I'm here” Jiyong reassured and than finding a force he never suspected to have, tossed his emotions apart and started to act like Youngbae, to stop those eyes to close.

And just when it seemed Seugnri couldn't take it anymore, oh please no, they heard the sound of sirens. It was only 1.30 am and it happened all in less than 20 minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It came out the manager had a deep cut in his head, some cracked ribs and probably concussion. He was put in observation but it seemed quite a good scenario.

It wasn't the same for Seungri.

He was immediately take to the surgery room because some of his broken ribs had punctured a lung. His life was on the line.

Aside from that he had the right arm broken, and a lot of bruises and cuts on his body caused by the collision, a screech compared to the other- mortal? no that word was abomination- wound.

Daesung and Seunghyun arrived half an hour later, someone had probably called them, Jiyong didn'td know who and he didn't give a damn. The only important thing on the world was the heartbeat of the man in the other room. Jiyong thought he never saw that expression in the eyes of Seunghyun, fear mixed with severe pain and worry. He recognize the eyes of Daesung instead and the resolution of someone who decided to stay strong for the other's sake. Jiyong couldn't. He was the leader but he simply seated frozen in a seat of the hospital corridor, as he let Yougnbae explain everything, hands in his hair.

“I believe in Seungri. If it's him all is possible” Daesung stated.

Jiyong lift his gaze to meet the ones of s. He really wanted to be as positive as Daesung but the only thing he could think was that the last thing he did for Seungri was a hand gesture. It couldn't be the last, couldn't be?

Some minute later even Yang Hyung Seok appeared. He was visibly shocked even though being a Ceo taught him to always show an aura of power and reassurance. He told them Seungri was under the cares of one of the best surgeons. He told them he called Seungri's family in Gwangju who were in their way to Seoul. Than he patted every member in the shoulder and seated next to Jiyong, waiting.

It was 3.00 a.m.

 

 

 

At some point Youngbae had collapsed on Daesung shoulder, as Seunghyun had napped from time to time having a wall as sustainer.

Jiyong didn't move from his seat. At some point the Ceo went to grab some coffee for the both of them and Jiyong swallowed the liquid without knowing what he was actually doing.

The hours seemed interminable.

 

 

You know, sometimes I wonder Ji...”

they were in some lost beach in a foreign country resting after a photo shoot so they weren't in danger to be recognized there. It felt surreal. It felt nice. Jiyong wanted to smoke but luckily it was a bad habit he quitted long time before. So he simply kept enjoying the chill air of the evening with his bestfriend Youngbae.

What is your wonderful brain formulating now?” teased Jiyong. Youngbae elbowed him in the ribs not so lightly. His bestfriend could be so sensible, after all those years he was still so petty that was funny.

Hey I'm trying to be serious”

Of course”

...” but when Jiyong didn't get a funny replay he turned to him to see his absorbed expression. He arched his brow. It seemed like Youngbae had this urge to say something but somehow had some problem to explain which was hilarious because nagging Youngbae never hesitated to say what he was thinking, above all to him.

What were you thinking?” now Jiyong was curious.

You know after Seungri's scandal..”

Do we really have to talk about it?” Jiyong grimaced. That was a topic he really didn't want to mention ever again. They had cleared things out. Stop.

Don't be like that. I don't want to talk about it, I had enough too. But I think actually, I started to notice after that scandal. And then I realized I was kinda slow all those years..”

I don't get you, are you sure the hairspray didn't get into your brain?”

I had plenty of hairspray for years and I'm much more smarter then all of the members put together. Well aside for Daesung. That kid scares me”

Jiyong laughed. But he was afraid he knew where that conversation was leading to. Nothing could end good if it's starts with “Seungri” no offence intended..

Were you always like that?”

Excuse me?”

You are aware you two are worse than a married couple?it's actually creepy, you know”

Jiyong laughed wholeheartedly but Youngbae didn't laugh with him and that made him realize he was no joking at all. Crap.

Sorry, it's just.. I wasn't expecting this” Jiyong said trying to recompose himself.

Me either” Youngbae chuckled then continued “ I was your friend since we were kids and shared the dream of music. I was there in your every little crush which were like a million but well. Because you fall in love so easily and you are sincere every time you do I never put the things together but lately I'm starting to notice that no matter how many times you fall in love you only had one constant, one weak spot. From the start till now you for Seungri... I just don't know geez.”

Very eloquent bro”

Please Ji, I'm trying to get the point. The scandals...during those bad times we all suffered but not to the extent of the both of you when you and Seungri were involved in one. Seungri cried rivers when it was your turn and when the scandal hit him you refused to talk to him. It's not normal even between members who love each other like brothers. You are one of a kind. And no, don't you dare to do some funny joke about your title song, please.

You are not funny at all”

Jiyong”

What would you like to hear?”

I don't know, really”

Even I don't know. Sometimes you love, and it stops there.”

You really are a poet”

Don't make fun of me”

I'm not. You fell in love so many times but you loved for real only once”

Shut up, you cheesy bastard”

Youngbae smiled, not showing sign of being upset. Even though Jiyong practically declared he loved his bandmate for all those years.

 

 

The doctor came out, he seemed tired and that seemed to Jiyong a really bad sign.

His heart was beating so fast and his inside were clutching like crazy, like he was on a roller-coaster. He only could understand that the surgery went well. However his heart stopped for long time and so the oxygen in his brain. There was no prove he didn't have any brain damage. If he didn't wake up in the next 24 hours he would have probably never wake up.

It was 5 a.m when Jiyong's heart broke.

 

 

Seungri's family arrived some hours later and the Ceo caught the chance to force them to leave, to have a meal and some rest. Jiyong couldn't give a damn about food and sleep in that moment but when he was dragged by force by Youngbae who whispered to him that Seungri's family were there and deserved to be by his side Jiyong stopped fighting. Even though deep down he thought the spot near Sengri was his and only his.

 

 

 

Maybe it was a hazy dream maybe it was the too much alcohol consumed at Teddy's party. He would never knew if it was real or not, because he was wasted and so was Seungri.

Seungri kissed like he lived his life. With bravery, passion and that little bit of sweetness it was hidden behind his cocky mask.

Jiyong never forgot. But he never knew if it was real or not.

It was his best kiss nonetheless.

The sensation of plush lips, wet tongue and that wonderful taste it was all Seungri.

 

 

Three hours later he was in the hospital again. And he waited with Seungri's family and waited.

 

 

“You are a fool. You speak non sense most of the times, you blubber things when you shouldn't and you are so confident at times that is nearly irritating. But you are sweet when you show concern for who surrounds you in your odd way ok, but even to those who don't deserve you. You have a lot of insecurities but never stop to fight your fears for the sake of all of us. You are brave. And no matter how a pain sometimes you are, you are my pain. And even if it makes me the foolishest of the fools I loved you for all those years and I think I'll never stop. So don't you dare.

 

 

 

 

“Don't you dare” Jiyong whispered while praying seated in the hospital corridor.

It was 4 a.m again. 23 hours had passed and Seungri didn't show any sign to waking up.

“I love you”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung...” were his first words

“You little bastard for a moment I thought....” and then he cried.

It was 1 a.m of one week later when Seungri came to world again and so Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: sorry!!! it took me so long, but a lot happened to me and I'm devasted =( I hope you enjoyed, please cheer me up with some comment I really need them in this moment. Love you <3

to PenguinLOvers772, I interpreted a bit the prompt, I'm a ball of fluff deep down inside so real angst it's not for me. I had to put some positive mark even though I left the cliffhanger. Hope you liked at least one bit. Hugs! Thank you for sending this awesome prompt and make me experiment angst!

ps: if you want news or spoiler of my stories before hand follow me on twitter