Three

The Ice Queen and the Jester

When I arrived at school I saw her. I guess she just arrived also. I watched as she quickly locked her car doors and rushed into the school. I found myself smiling at her actions. 

"I can't wait to start messing with her." I smirked. Mean as it seemed, she really irked me yesterday. I was just being nice, she had to go all ape on me. Now why in the world would I sit back and let her walk over me like that. She's like all the other girls here: Stuck up and rich... But she wasn't popular. Maybe that's what made her all the more interesting. I got out of my car and made my way into the school. I walked up to my usual crowd. 

"Aye!" I heard Baekhyun say as I arrived. I smiled at him as I threw an arm around Xuimin's shoulder. We were listening to Kris's story about this girl he met at a club when I saw a familiar figure dart past us. I let my gaze follow her fading figure. 

"Again Chanyeol? Really?" Kai nudged me. I turned towards them. 

"Get her number already, man." Xuimin said. 

"I can't even get her first name, how am I suppose to get her number?" I raised an eyebrow at his comment. I decided to go to class early and said bye to the guys. I walked into first period, and that's where I saw my chance. She was sitting alone at her desk with her headphones on. I glanced around and saw that we were the only two in the classroom. I strode across the room and pulled the headphones off. She looked up from her notebook and looked at me. When she registered who I was, her eyes turned to slits. 

"What do you think you are doing?" She asked in a venomous tone. I smirked. 

"Look who's asking so many questions now." I teased. She kept her cold glare. 

"It's not funny." She spat.

"I wasn't trying to be funny." I replied. I pulled up a chair next to her. 

"Do you have a name?" I asked casually.

"Go away." She glared. I leaned in closer to her. I sensed her tense up, causing me to smirk. 

"You're cute." I admitted and stood up. I winked at her and went to my seat. I glanced over at her and she had already put on her headphones and returned to her notebook. I grinned. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I realized that as he left, I had been holding my breath the entire time. I quickly looked away and put my headphones back on and looked down at my notebook. I didn't even care about the homework that was before me. I was still in shock from what I heard a few seconds ago.

"You're cute." He admitted. I bit back a smile and tried to focus on what was in front of me. The warning bell rang, and I listened as feet shuffled into the room. The day began it's regular routine. When lunch came, I sat down in the courtyard. I pulled out my lunch and my book. I felt a figure sit down next to me. I glanced up from my book and saw that it was Chanyeol again. A flood of deja vu hit me. I returned to my book, trying my best to ignore him. 

"You know, I'm not going to leave you any time soon." He said cheerily. I pulled away from my book and shot him an ugly glare, then returned to my book again. 

"So, still fangirling from what I said earlier?" He teased. I tensed up. 

"No, now shut up." I said with my eyes still on the book page. 

"Guess you still are." He teased some more. 

"I've lost my appetite." I said as I stood up and walked away. I felt a grasp around my arm, and I turned around to see Chanyeol in front of me. 

"Before you go, I just wanted you to know... You're still cute." He winked and walked away. I felt my cheeks begin to burn. I composed myself and walked off to class. 

I was laying my head down in class when I felt a sudden tap on my head. I looked up and saw Chanyeol again. I frowned.

"What do you want?!" I complained. 

"Wow, is this your aegyo? It's not that cute." He joked. I glared at him. He threw his arms up in defense. 

"I was just saying." He grinned. 

"Leave me alone." I grunted. 

"Okay Miss Cranky Pants." I shot him another look. He winked and returned to his seat. Ugh, he was messing up my regular routine. Who was he to come into my life and screw things up? I frowned and laid my head back down. But yet, I found myself still smiling at his remarks. 

 

This continued for a few days, and each time I would ignore him, or shoot him an ugly look. Finally on the last day I got fed up. 

I was sitting in the courtyard at lunch, when he came and sat down next to me. 

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" He grinned. 

"No." I grunted. 

"C'mon, it is! Just look at it." He said while snatching the book from my hands. 

"Yah! Give it back!" I yelled. 

"Not until you look acknowledge the beautiful weather." He demanded. I groaned and abliged. I looked up at the sky, and studied the clouds. That's when I noticed there was a cloud in the shape of a rabbit in the sky. Letting a slight smile appear on my face...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I stared at her as she finally followed my order and looked up at the sky. I saw a small and slight smile spread across her face, and I couldn't help but smile to myself. I've never seen her smile before, yet it was so heart warming to see it, even if it was just a miniscule smile. She soon lost her smile and looked at me. 

"Okay, there. Now give me my book and get lost." She spat. I frowned, but quickly recollected myself and handed her the book. 

"I'll get lost, if you do one last thing for me." I grinned. 

"Ugh, fine. What is it." She glared.

"Your name. What is it?" I asked her. 

"Sarang, Hwang Sarang. Good? Now leave." Sarang said cooly. I smiled. Finally. I got her name! Finally. 

"Sarang? That's cute, cuter than when you smile." I grinned and stood up.

"I'll see you around Sarang." I winked and walked away. I walked into the cafeteria and up to the guys. 

"Wow, nice seeing you here." Baekhyun complained. 

"What? Miss me much?" I teased. 

"Why are you back? Gave up already?" Kyungsoo asked. I shook my head.

"Nope, I finally got her name." I beamed. 

"What?!" "No way!?" "You got the Ice Queen's name!?" "Yah! What is it?!" The guys screamed. 

I grinned happily before replying, "Sarang, Hwang Sarang." Ignoring the fact that one of them just called her an Ice Queen.

"Sarang?" All 11 said in unison. I nodded. 

"That's cute." Tao grinned. I glared at him. He threw his arms up to surrender. 

"Not like I was going to do anything anyway! I was just saying!" He whined. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

When the last bell rang, I gathered my things and headed out to my car. I fumbled through my bag for my keys when I got to the car. It wasn't there. 

"What the heck? Did I drop it somewhere?" I asked myself when I was searching through my bag. 

"Looking for this?" I heard a familiar deep voice ask. I glanced up and saw my keys appear before me.

"My keys!" I said as I reached out to grab them. Before my fingers could touch the metal, my keys disappeared before my eyes. I looked at the culprit with my keys.

"Give me my keys!" I demanded. Chanyeol grinned. 

"If you want it, come and get it." He teased. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Fine." I reached out and attempted to grab my keys behind his back. But he threw his arm up. I looked up. 

"Yah! That's cheating! I can't reach that!" I frowned. 

"Oh, you can't?" He said lowering his hand. I saw my chance and shot my arm out to grab it, but missed. I glared at him. He just simply smiled. 

"You're cute when you're mad." He teased. I huffed, then figured, maybe elbowing him in the stomach would work. So that's what I did. 

"Ow! Yah! What was that for?!" He cried out in pain, I saw his head go down as he clutched his stomach. I smirked. 

"Give me my keys. This is childish!" I complained. He looked up at me with hurt in his eyes. 

"Get it from me." He teased. I glared at him, then sat there contemplating strategies. 

I looked him dead in the eyes, a slight smirk playing on my lips. I grabbed the collar of his uniform and pulled him down to my height. He looked shocked and confused. I leaned in as if to kiss him. Then I ran my hand down his arm and to his hand. I could feel the keys in his palm. I was a few centimeters from his face before I pulled the keys from his grasp and pushed him back. 

"Gotcha." I smirked. I unlocked the car and got in. I rolled down the window. 

"Bye Chanyeol." I blew a kiss as I drove out of the parking space. I rolled the window up and started cracking up. I checked the rearview mirror and stared back at Chanyeol. Still standing in the same place, still shocked. I began to feel something... happiness. Something that I haven't felt in a long time. I pulled over to the side of the street and stopped the car. I thought back to what had just happened. That was the boldest thing I've ever done. Yet, it felt so amazing and exciting. I began to smile. I started my car again and headed home. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I felt her hand grab the collar of my uniform, shocking me. She pulled me down to her height. She leaned in closer to me. I could feel the breath in my throat hitch. Her face was so close to mine... I could see every detail of her face close up... She was so, beautiful. I was captivated and shocked. I felt her run her hand down my arm, to my hands. I knew what she was about to do, and that was how she would play me to get her keys. Yet I was okay with it. Because just being that close to her... It made me feel limitless... All I wonder now, is that if being that close to her could make me feel limitless, then what would kissing her make me feel like?

After obtaining her keys, she climbed into her car and rolled down her window. 

"Bye Chanyeol." She said. I suddenly felt my heart stop beating... She was so... Perfect. I wanted to so badly grab her and kiss her. But I couldn't. I stood there in shock. How could someone as reserved as her be so bold? She even blew me a kiss as she drove away. WHAT THE HECK!? I somehow felt so attracted to her right now. I quickly composed myself and went over to my car. I climbed in and drove off. As I left I passed by a familiar car that was pulled off to the side. I glanced at it to see if it was her, and it was. She was smiling to herself. It was a genuine and beautiful smile. That's when I knew it.

. I'm falling for her.