Prologue

Don't Flirt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARCH 1990.

 

A newly born baby girl sleeps peacefully in her princess theme baby crib while being watch by her parents and another couple with their 3 months old son.

 

“Isn’t she adorable?” the mother of the baby boy excitedly asked her husband.

 

The husband nodded with a loving smile while the lady put her baby boy beside the beautiful baby girl and admiring the view. The view are love by the baby girl parents too as they keep on smiling with glint of happiness in their eyes.

 

The baby boy mother then pulled out one of her two rings from her finger and presents it to the baby girl mother. “We are officially asking for your daughter’s hand in marriage…”

 

The mother of the baby girl took the ring with a happy face. “We just need to wait for the ring to fit her later…”

 

 

 

 

 

JUNE 2002.

 

She couldn’t breathe.

 

They are pressing her head down into the water bowl. Why they do this to her? they said they are friends… she didn’t remember being bad to anybody… everyone is nice to her and love her… why?

 

Slowly her struggle to break away from their hold stop as she closed her eyes defeatingly accepting that this is maybe her end.

 

Suddenly she feels the pressure loose down before someone pull her head out of the water bowl. That someone move her wet hair away from her face and softly tapped her cheek while calling her name.

 

Coughing and choking with heavy breath she open her eyes and met eyes with her saviour… her prince charming… her fiancé…

 

Still heaving from lack of oxygen she held his hand that was on her cheek. “Minho… you came… you save me…” she smiled beautifully.

 

From that moment her heart only beat for him… Her gazes only focus on him… he is the centre of her life… he is her everything…

 

 

 

 

 

APRIL 2007.

 

They were sitting side by side on the bench facing the beautiful Han River scenery. Sulli had a blank stare in front of her and avoiding gaze from her fiancé. She is hurt deeply. He broke her heart and it hurt so much.

 

Minho took a glance at his beautiful fiancée and amazed at how her beauty shine even with less makeup. He sighed after remember the real reason why they are here. Slowly he reached for her hand and grasped it.

 

Sulli didn’t react to his touch and still looking at the scenery in front of her. She had a blank face but deep down inside she is crying and breaking. He is her everything but sadly she is not his everything. For the past year she thought he is the perfect prince but obviously a prince like Minho also has flaws.

 

“Ssul…” he called for her.

 

Still she didn’t respond to his call.

 

“I don’t want to lie and I swear I will never ever lie to you… I love the attention and I had fun… I’m sorry if you feel hurt seeing me entertained other girls but I like it when they approach me that way…” he feel guilty but he don’t want to lie to his fiancée.

 

Sulli felt her heart ripping into thousand pieces listening to his confession. How could he hurt her like this. Is she not good enough for him?

 

Minho looked down at their entwined hand. “You are beautiful, well manner, and attractive Ssul but I guess I’m more into feisty type… I’m attracted to their bold approach… their y outfit…” he caressed her hand to sooth her.

 

Sulli gripped her dress tightly upon hearing that he is more interested in feisty lady which obviously not her because she is not feisty in the first place.

 

Sulli turned to look at Minho for the first time since they got there and look straight into his eyes. “Does this means it’s the end of our engagement? Our whole life engagement?” she asked him with every courage that left in her.

 

Minho was taken aback by her question. “What? No, I don’t mean it that way Ssul…” he felt her word pierced his heart. Never in his mind to cut off their ties. They know each other since birth and he is fond of her. Very fond of her but she is not his type. She is innocent and girl next door type which he thinks not challenging.

 

“Then, what exactly you mean Minho?” she asked him coldly.

 

“I just want to enjoy my youth life… have fun and all… we are still young Ssul… the marriage will not be in the nearest time… and I want you to have fun too… make friends… see the world…” he let go of her hand and move his hands to cup her face.

 

“I have fun… you have fun… then we get married… life is only once Ssul, I want to enjoy it to the max.” he pecked her lips that last for a few seconds.

 

The moment he pulled away from her lips, his phone beeps an incoming message. He checked his phone and had a smile on his face oblivious that he had hurt his fiancée feeling.

 

“I think we have resolved this right? I got to go…. Our soccer team are having a small celebration after winning the soccer match yesterday…” he pecked her lips again and went off leaving her alone at the bench.

 

The moment she is sure Minho is far enough, her hand automatically went to her chest. Her fiancé just crumple her paper heart again. The tears she’d been holding up slowly fall on her beautiful face.

 

Someone who had been hiding behind the nearest tree and heard every bit of the couple conversation move from her hiding spot and went to sit beside Sulli.

 

Thinking that Minho came back for her, Sulli’s heart leap with hope that he will apologize and take back his hurtful words. However, it’s not him but her one and only friend Jung Krystal. “What are you doing here Krystal…” she asked and wipes her face so that Krystal won’t see the tears.

 

Seeing her friend gesture make Krystal sighed heavily. “Stop hiding the tears Ssul… I saw and heard everything… do you think I will let you come here by yourself after you cry a river because of that jerk fiancé of yours? You’ve been enduring his behaviour for years already… I’m surprise that you only knew how much he had fun around today…”

 

“I love him Krystal … no matter what… you said you heard us right… so, you must heard him say that this ties will remain intact… he just enjoying life and I don’t want to be the one who stopping him from enjoying his life…” Sulli said with a smile on her face but that is not enough to façade the sadness in her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter