Missing

Fate's Handprint

~Jonghyun~

“Oh my god, what if he got lost? Or got kidnapped? Or what if he ran away because of-“

“Key! I’m sure he’s fine, let’s just keep looking. Or we can ask more people if they’ve seen him. Don’t worry, I’ll help you,” I said to my panicking boyfriend, kissing his cheek to calm him down.

“Okay, fine. We should probably call his parents-“

“Hey Key, Jonghyun, what are you guys doing?” ‘Ugh, it’s Krystal,’ I thought. She wasn’t a bad person, she was just annoying sometimes and interrupted me and Key a lot.

“Krystal, have you seen Taemin? We’ve been looking for him because he never met me here,” Key said to her.

“I saw him and Kai running to the park after study hall ended, they both seemed to be in a hurry,” she said.

I sighed in relief, “See Key? Now we can just go to the park and find-“

“I’m gonna go find him, I’ll see you guys later,” he said, and sprinted off towards the park.

‘Damnit,’ I thought, ‘We didn’t get to talk about tomorrow.’ The next day was our two year anniversary, and I wanted it to be even more special than the previous year.

“So, Jonghyun,” Krystal broke me out of my thoughts, “What are you gonna-“

“Sorry Krystal, I gotta go,” I checked my phone and saw that I had a few missed messages from my best friend Minho asking if I’d go to house, “I have to meet with Minho.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll see you-“

“Bye!” I said, not waiting for her reply and running off to Minho’s house.

***************

I arrived at my best friend’s door and knocked on it. It was only a few seconds before he opened the door and pulled me into his house. I looked at him confused and saw that his eyes were red like he had been crying.

“Dude, what’s wrong? Were you crying?” I asked concerned.

“I think Sulli’s cheating on me,” he said.

“How do you know?”

“She hasn’t been the same around me. She’s been talking weird on the phone with someone when she’s over here and she hasn’t really been talking to me at all. And now I’m all paranoid over it, I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t go through that again, not after what happened with Yuri,” he said, tears began to form in his eyes again. I looked at him with sympathy before trying to comfort him.

“It’ll be okay. Just don’t think about it, okay? We can watch a movie, do you want to watch another American movie?” I asked. I knew he probably wanted to watch a movie about soccer.

“Yeah, sure. I can make popcorn, you put in a movie,” he said, walking to the kitchen. I walked into his living room and tried to find where Netflix was. I looked under “Sports Movies” and tried to find a movie about soccer.

“Hey,” I yelled to him in the kitchen, “How about this one, it’s called ‘Kicking and Screaming.’”

“Sure, what’s it about?” he yelled back.

“I think it’s about soccer,” I yelled again. After he heard that, he ran into the living room.

“Really?”

“Yeah, go get the popcorn and we’ll watch it,” I said laughing. He ran back into the kitchen and brought back the popcorn. We both sat down to watch the movie. It was really hilarious, we laughed a lot, especially Minho. I texted my mom and said that I was gonna sleep over at his house. I was really glad that I got all that stuff off of his mind, he’s really had a tough time and he doesn’t deserve it. I knew Sulli wasn’t good from the start, but I wasn’t gonna tell him that now. Somewhere towards the end of the movie we both fell asleep. Haha, I had a really good dream about Key.

***************

I woke up the next morning still on the floor. I looked at my phone to see if Key had called or texted, but I had a message from Key’s mom.

Mrs. Kim-Is Key with you? I tried calling him, but he didn’t answer and he never came home last night.

Jonghyun- I’m sure he’s at Taemin’s house, he left to find him yesterday.

Mrs. Kim- Okay, thank you.

I put my phone down and looked over to Minho. I laughed when I saw him, he had the worst bed head.

“Minho, wake up, we’re gonna be late for school,” I shook him awake.

“What?”

“We’re gonna be late, get ready for school,” I said again, walking to get some extra clothes that I left at his house from last time I stayed over. I put them on, fixed my hair, and waited at the door. He walked over a few minutes later.

“Hey, thanks again for coming last night,” he said, grabbing his backpack off the table. We walked out the door and headed for school.

“It’s no problem, I have to help you, and you have to help me. It’s how best friends work,” I said laughing.

“Especially since I expected you to be with Key.”

“Oh, he had to go find his best friend after study hall.”

“Who’s that?” he asked. ‘Oh, he must have never heard about Taemin,’ I thought. He never really did hang out with me when Key was around. He had met him a few times, but that was it. It’s wasn’t that he had a problem with Key, it just never worked out that way.

“His name is-“

“Hey guys!” Onew walked up to us, but he tripped on the sidewalk.

“Whoa, hyung! Be careful,” I said helping him up.

“Sorry, didn’t see that there,” he said, “So how are you guys?”

“Fine, I guess. But I haven’t talked to Key since yesterday, I can’t wait to see him today,” I said and I walked over to the fountain to meet Key.

‘Wait, why isn’t he here?’

I looked around the fountain, asked around, and checked by his first class, but he wasn’t anywhere.

“Hey Woohyun, have you seen Key anywhere? I can’t find him anywhere,’ I asked one of Key’s good friends.

“No, I haven’t seen him since yesterday, sorry.”

‘Maybe he just stayed at Taemin’s house for the day. I’ll go to his house after school,’ I thought.

***************

School had passed as slow as it ever had that day, and I couldn’t wait to see Key. I hadn’t ever been away from him for that long since we got together, except when I went on vacation with my parents over summer. It was torture.

I walked to Taemin’s house after study hall ended. It wasn’t that far from school, so it was about 5 minutes before I was at his porch. I knocked on his door and his mother answered.

“Hi Jonghyun! How are you doing? What brings you here today?”

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Lee. I’m doing fine, thank you very much. I was just here to see if Key and Taemin were here.”

“No, Taemin didn’t come home yesterday. I assumed that he went to stay at Key’s house. Is something wrong?”

I stayed silent for a second, contemplating on what to say. She would certainly be irrational about the situation, and I hadn’t checked all possible places where they could be.

“No, nothing’s wrong. I was just checking if they came back here. They’re probably with Kai right now. I’ll go meet with them. Sorry to disturb you,” I said. I couldn’t tell her. I needed to go check with Kai.

“Oh, okay. Well, it was nice to see you.”

“It was nice seeing you too. Have a good day,” I said, and walked back down his porch.

I pulled out my phone and called Krystal.

“Hello?”

“Krystal, I need to know if you’ve seen Key or Taemin.”

“Not since yesterday at the park.”

“Wait, the park? What do you mean the park?”

“After you left, I followed Key to the park.”

“What? Did you see them leave?”

“Actually, no. After I saw Kai getting pissed, I left.”

“You didn’t think that was important to tell anyone after nobody saw Key or Taemin at school today?”

“Well, I thought that they just left after that, I didn’t think that anything crucial would happen. Stop getting all pissed, we’ll find them okay?”

“Meet me in front of Kai’s house, we need to find them and I’m pretty sure he’ll know where they are,” I said and hung up the phone.

***************

“Hey, finally you’re here. Come on, let’s go get some information out of Kai,” I said as Krystal walked up to me. We were in front of Kai’s house which was quite far from our school. I was never really why he went to our school when he lived closer to other school. Maybe it was because Taemin went to that school. We knocked on his door a few times before someone answered, but it was Kai.

“What do you guys want,” The guy said. He wasn’t wearing a shirt and he looked like he just woke up. He went to our school, I thought his name was Kyungsoo.

“Where’s Kai,” Krystal said. She sounded pretty pissed off, which I was too.

“He’s not here. He left this morning,” he said, about the close the door. I stopped it with my hand and looked him straight in the eye.

“Where did he go.” I was tired of this. I needed to know where Key and Taemin were.

“Whoa, man calm down. He didn’t tell me that he was leaving. I woke up and he was gone.”

“Well where could he have gone?” Krystal yelled.

“I don’t know! Maybe to Sehun?”

“Who and where is he?”

“I don’t know.”

I was done. I slammed open the door and shoved Kyungsoo into the wall. I pinned him back so he couldn’t hit me or try to fight back.

“I’m gonna ask you one more time. Who and where is he?”

“Okay okay! He lives somewhere in Daegu! He’s known there, just ask around! I don’t know anything else, I swear!” I let him go and he fell to the floor. I walked out the door and Krystal followed. I kept walking, I was heading towards my house to get my car.

“Where are you going Jonghyun?”

“Daegu. I have to find Key and Taemin.”

“But that’s like 150 miles from here! You’re really gonna go that far? We need to go to the police,” she said, grabbing my wrist, trying to stop me. I pulled away from her and kept walking.

“I need to find them as fast as I can, and I’m going alone. I won’t be able to do anything until I know they’re safe. So don’t try and stop me, and don’t follow me there.”

 

A/N: Okay! Fourth chapter is up, and I'm glad where this story is going. Thank you to those of you who've commented and shared your opinions. Do you guys think these chapters are too short? I write a lot but I still fell like they're too short. Thank you to those of you who are reading and people who have subscribed, and please comment and subscribe! ^^