Chapter 8

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

I don’t know how long Kyuhyun hugged me but as usual I felt; I was comfortable and calm when I was with him even though I am feeling sad and hurt.

“Do you really feel better, Wookie?” Kyuhyun asked while slowly releasing me to observe my condition.

“I think I feel better now.” I said while weakly smile.

“You think you feel better?” Kyuhyun asked softly. “But then you still look pale and not good.” Kyuhyun added anxiously.

“I...I don’t know. I think it’s because you’re with me. You always bring calmness and make me feel better even though I actually feel angry or sad or hurt.” I said.

“I’m glad I can help you feel better but then I still worry about you.” Kyuhyun said while locking his eyes with mine.

“As you know this is not the first time I get bad treatment or harsh treatment from neither Eommonim nor Aboji. I should not feel surprised and saddened by their cold treatment...But then I still feel sad and hurt.” I said bitterly. “I repeatedly feel hurt. I was repeatedly questioned myself why I was sad and hurt over the bad treatment of my parents to me, although I’ve often remind myself not to feel hurt.” I added as I walked over to the couch in the living room.

“I think there is no way to get used to the cold and heartless treatment from parents. Deep in the heart of every child, they would want their parents love them and that includes you too, Wookie. That’s why you repeatedly feel hurt. It can’t be helped and we can’t do much.” Kyuhyun said as he sat beside me.

“Maybe so. But then I think now I’ve reached my limit, Kyu. I’m really tired at all about the stupid wealth and money. And I have given up my hope that they come back like before we were rich.” I said while curled up into a ball and rested my forehead on my knees.

“Wookie... Actually, what happened to you all this time? I only know the outline of what happens to you. A lot of things happen right? Like when you say you are injured worse than last night, what happens until you experience it?” Kyuhyun asked in a worried tone.

I look to Kyuhyun and see how worried him while he did not even know about the details of my story, which makes me hesitate to tell more than he knows. But then if I hide about what had previously happened to me, I was afraid he would be more worried, like what happens when I hide my pain last night. I sighed and tried to think of how to start my story while staring to my right wrist where a faint scars from surgery left behind.

“I used to have a happy family, though not perfect but I feel satisfied and happy. But one day my parents succeed and earn a lot of money, that’s when they started to change and things get worse when they know about the top 10 richest people in Seoul which symbolizes 10 richest people in Korea. They become obsessed and wants included in the list until they do everything they can to build their wealth, and in a short time they successfully get into the top 10. But then they are not satisfied and want more, they build another company and merge the company with another company, they make investments, and they tried all ways to make them enter the top 5. When finally they success enter the top 5, like before they want more. They want to get into the top 3 but they are running out of ways to increase their prosperity.” I tell him the beginning of my current situation.

“At that time I was 11 years old and they got the idea of combine the wealth through marriage. Luckily at that time Park ajusshi help protect me by giving the reason about I was too young, so my parents cancel their ideas. But then when I was in middle school, my parents thought I was not too young anymore and started forcing me to meet a potential fiance who comes from a wealthy family. I do my best to avoid engagement planned by my parents, started from run away when I was supposed to meet with the candidates of my fiance until I once hit one of my fiance so that he would cancel our engagement. My parents tried many times to match me with the child of other wealthy family and my problem does not stop there, many students from my school started blindly doing confession to me just because I’m rich.” I continue my story.

“How do you know that they all make a confession to you just because you’re rich?” Kyuhyun asked as he wrapped his hands around my body.

“Because when I said I could not accept them because they don’t even know me personally so I don’t know they really like me or just because I was rich, they just easily give up.” I said as I leaned back against Kyuhyun’s board chest while I still curled up like a ball.

“No one?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief tone.

“Hmmm... I think no.” I said while trying to remember. “Oh, I just remembered, there is one person who said would come back to get to know me but then I have never met with that person again because on the same day that person confessed to me, I’m having a bad thing so I could not go to school for some time and then my parents moved me to another school.” I said while once again look to my right wrist and I could feel Kyuhyun suddenly became tense.

“What happened?” Kyu asked softly, tightening his arms around me.

“That day after I returned from school, I told Aboji about my music teacher who recommended me to go to music school too because I had a good talent for playing the piano. I know Aboji wanted me to learn business so that later I could help him to earn more money. I know it and I’ve told him I would definitely still learn my business lesson, but I also want to learn music. Aboji objected to it and he even demanded me to stop studying music and focus to learn the business. He said music is useless and I had to do what he wants while I stubbornly wanted to study music and I assured him that I will not abandon my business lesson—and I will really learn the business seriously. We had a big fight at that time and in the end because really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter