Chapter 18

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally I braced myself and wiped my tears after a while I could only cry. I took a few deep breaths before turning on my car. There was only one place in my mind where I could go and I decided to go there. I try not to think too much and just focus on driving to my destination and after about two and a half hours I arrived in the countryside and it took another half hour to reach my destination. I parked my car in front of a small house with wooden colors with a small garden at the front and the house was surrounded by one and a half meters of wooden fence. I turned off my car engine and got out of my car but then I suddenly hesitated and just stood by my car―suddenly feel wrong if I interrupt the peaceful life of others, I was supposed to find another place to stay today without disturbing other people lives. I then planned to leave after realizing my stupidity and immediately opened my car door when a voice stopped me.

“Ryeowook???”

“Uummm, hello Park ajushii..” I greeted him as I closed the car door that I just opened.

“Wow it’s really you, Wookie.. Why are you just standing there? Come on, go inside.” invite Park ajushii, smiling as he opened the front gate of his house.

“Emm.... Park ajushii, I think I better come back next time.” I said quickly.

“No, no, I will not let you go without going inside first.” Park ajushii said, holding my hand gently and pulling me with him into his house.

 

“Please sit down and just take it as it is in your own home. I’ll bring you some tea and some snacks.” Park ajushii said when we got to the living room.

I just sat there as he told me on one of the couches and looked around to divert my mind away from Kyuhyun. I also had to change my plans to stay here for an hour or two and then go somewhere else before Park ajushii realized that I had a problem at the moment. I don’t want to burden him and I feel very stupid because without thinking carefully come to here.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Park ajushii came with a tray full of tea sets and cookies which he put on the table in front of me. “This is your tea..” Park ajushii said as he gave me a cup of tea.

“Thank you…” I said, accepting the cup with both my hands. I took a sip of the tea and felt a familiar flavor immediately flooding me and unconsciously a small smile appeared on my lips.

“Is it still the same as you like?” Park ajushii asked me.

“Yes. Perfect as always.” I said with a smile at him.

“I’m glad and I’m happy I can see you smiling.” Park ajushii said, smiling back at me. “Now the question is whether you will still share with this old man about what makes you sad?” Park ajushii added that instantly made my eyes widen.

“You can still read me very well…” I said while looking at Park ajushii with guilty eyes.

“Of course.. Like you already think of me as your Appa, I think you are my own son, so how can I not know when my son is having problems and I think the problem is something big because it makes my son who is usually tough and rarely crying now crying until his eyes are swollen.” Park ajushii said, looking directly into my eyes.

“I’ve actually become easier to cry lately since Kyuhyun told me not to hold back my tears again.” I said with a sad smile.

“Kyuhyun?? Your butler who replaced me if I remember correctly?”

“Yes, Kyuhyun who replaced you when you retired, but he is not my butler anymore. He is my fiance, the one I love but also the one that makes me cry today.” I said in a low voice while I can’t help myself and look at the ring that circles my ring finger.

I then told Park ajushii everything, from what happened between me and my parents, what happened to me and Jae Hwa, and also everything that Kyuhyun did for me. I also told him what happened today from Jae Hwa came to see me until what Jae Hwa told me and the evidence that Jae Hwa gave me. I also said what happened between me and Kyuhyun after I knew the truth from the evidence given by Jae Hwa.

“I want to ask you, is it important if Kyuhyun is a rich man? I know for sure you don’t see someone from his wealth. You love him not because of what he has.” Park ajushii said.

“Yes.. It’s not that I love him because he’s not rich nor I will not love him if he’s rich. I don’t care whether he’s rich or not, I love him for himself.” I replied while looking at Park ajushii.

“But then to be honest, I think if from the beginning you know he’s rich, he’ll just have a small chance to get to know you and he’ll have a hard time coming near you and getting to know you.” Park ajushii said as he reminded me of what I did to some rich people who tried to approach me that made a small laugh slipping from my lips.

“I know... I can guess that is one of the reasons he is to pretend to be a butler. And I know partly is my own fault until he lies to me and pretends to be a butler, but then he can tell me the truth after we get close. What makes me angry is because he did not tell me about his true self. I feel he betrayed me because he hid this fact and did not tell me until today I know it from Jae Hwa.” I said, feeling the pain in my heart back. “He promised me that he would not hide anything from me. And when he promised it that day, he could tell me the truth. By that time we already knew each other and we knew we loved each other.” I said, looking at the ring on my finger with sad eyes.

“I think he’s scared of your reaction and maybe he’s afraid you’ll hate him. From your story I can feel how much he loves you and that’s why it’s more frightening to lose you.” Park ajushii said.

“But I can’t hate him even when I feel hurt and angry with him. I can’t hate him. I tried to hate him and I felt I hated him, but then when I heard him said he loves me with full of sincerity, I can’t really hate him and somehow make my anger to him diminished. But then I hate how I can’t be angry nor hate him. I’m pissed because I can’t get mad at him as I should.” I said, frustrated with myself.

“That’s because you love him because that’s how you have such complicated feelings. Now, try to calm down and give time to Kyuhyun to explain everything to you when you’re ready.” Park ajushii said. “You can stay here until you calm down if you want. And do you want me to contact Kyuhyun for you? I can see you are actually worried about him.” Park ajushii added.

“No.. No need Park ajushii.. Thank you but I think I should go back, I feel better after I talk to you and this may sound silly but I don’t want to hurt Kyuhyun nor make him worry me too much. I also think it’s better if Kyuhyun and I can solve this problem as soon as possible.” I said to Park ajushii. “And thank you very much for listening me.. I’m sorry to bother you, Park ajushii..” I added, feel guilty to him.

“It’s okay, I’m glad you came here.” Park ajushii said, smiling at me. “And I will not let you go back alone, I’ll drive you back.” He added, surprising me with his words.

I tried to refuse Park ajushii’s offer to take me back but he stubbornly asked me to give him my car keys and he told me he wanted to stay a few days in town to visit his grandson―I know this is just an excuse even if there is truth in it.

In the end I gave up and let Park ajushii me with a promise he would use my car to go visit his grandson and when he wanted to go home later, I who would drive him back.

 

“Thank you Park ajushii and be careful.” I told him.

“You are welcome and thank you too for lending your car. Wookie, will you be all right?” Park ajushii asked.

“Yes.. Don’t worry; I still have a few hours to prepare myself before meeting with Kyuhyun. See you again Park ajushii...” I said as I get out of the car. We promise to contact each other in a few days.

After Park ajushii left, I took a deep breath and went inside the house. It’s only about three o’clock in the afternoon, so I never expected that I would see Kyuhyun so soon. I really think I still have a few hours until I meet directly with Kyuhyun, but then in fact my eyes locked with his wide open eyes―surprised to see me.

Kyuhyun sits on the couch in the living room with a glass of wine in his hand, his appearance far from his normally neat and calm appearance―his suit jacket was just thrown carelessly on the couch, his tie had the same conditions as his suit jacket, and his white shirt was already half out of his pants also some of the top buttons were open while the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up messily to his elbow, and his hair looking messy like he carelessly run his finger in his hair. Kyuhyun remained silent while looking at me with a look of disbelief then when he finally realized that I was not just imagination he looked hesitant and confused what to do.

“I thought you would come back more late?? And I don’t see your car outside.” I said to Kyuhyun w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter