01. Moving In

Derp's Fairy Tale: Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01. Moving In

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending how you look at it, things had turned out well, so well that Jihoon proposed to Hyori earlier than originally planned, much to Yoona's disappointment. And now they were going to move in with the Parks. "Why do we have to be the ones to move, isn't it usually the woman who moves?" Yoona asked meekly on their way to the Park's home, her last attempt to persuade him not to move, though it was close to impossible since they had packed most of their things up and a moving truck was trailing behind them. 

Jihoon sighed. "Because our house doesn't fit that many people and Hyori's does. He explained for the nth time, his tone lacing with irritation.

Taking the hint, Yoona closed and stared out the window. Although her family was of upper class and were rich enough not to bat an eye when spending thousands of money, they had never moved out of the apartment her parents had first bought when her father first started his business. It had three bedrooms with a decent sized living room and kitchen. Albeit, it was small for someone of their status but it was home. And now they had to move just because there wasn't enough room for the two park brothers. Okay...so maybe that's a little too selfish of her. But they were asking her to move out of the place she grew up in, where all her good and bad memories resided, her comfort zone and move into an unfamiliar house. She wouldn't be surprised if Hyori moved her into the tiniest room available out of spite. Yoona could tell Hyori didn't like her.

It didn't take long before the scenery outside became less blurry as they slowed down into a neighborhood. They were in the Gangnam district now, a place where the upper class inhabited. The tall apartment buildings shortened to large single houses that could better be described as mansions. It didn't take long before they stopped in front of a house that had a beautiful garden and a fountain up front. Yoona gasped, stepping out of the car. She felt like she had just walked into a fairy tale as she stood in awe of the mansion in front of her. It was humongous and built out of it brick, creating more of a castle feel to the house. She had to admit she was impressed.

The front door opened, revealing the owner. "Jihoon, Yoona. " Hyori greeted them with a beaming smile and rushed to where they stood. "Come in." She waved them inside. "Chunghee will help move your things in." She said and nodded to a man who Yoona didn't notice until now. Must be the butler. She assumed as her father and her followed Hyori into the mansion. Seulong, unfortunately was off in college and didn't have to partake in the move. "Welcome to your new home. Do you want something to drink? Or would you like to see your rooms first?"

"My room, please." Yoona answered quickly, unable to hide her excitement. The inside was just as grand as outside. On the right, from what Yoona could peer through the glass doors was a study room full of books, on the left, was a formal dining room. And right past the foyer was the living room. And on either side of the foyer were wooden stairs that led to upstairs. On the way there, Yoona craned her neck in all directions, peering at every inch of the mansion that was in plain view. The two Park brothers were no where to be found. They must be out, she concluded. 

"The boys are at a friend's house." Hyori said, noticing Yoona's wandering glances. "I would have asked them to wait until you guys came but I didn't know what time you guys were arriving. I can call them to come back if you want." She offered.

Yoona shook her head, "That's okay," she replied. Honestly, the less step relatives she had to deal with the better. Since that fateful dinner, Yoona had avoided meeting the Park family as if they were the next plague, using every excuse she could come up with as not to see them again. And she had succeeded until now. It would be close to impossible to avoid them now that they had to live together. Maybe she could just hide in her room for the rest of her life...

"Here we are." Hyori announced, stopping in front of a six panel door that was a little farther away from the rest of the rooms. Secluded, Yoona pressed her lips in a thin line, her new step mother had purposely placed her away from everybody else. A twinge of hurt hit Yoona in the face, even though she expected nothing less from her future step mother. "The boys can get very rowdy so I placed you a little farther away from them to give you some privacy."

Yes, the perfect excuse to put me in a corner all by myself, Yoona thought bitterly as Hyori turned the door knob and opened the door. Immediately the doe shaped eyed girl forgot about her negative thoughts and was in awe. Unlike what she had predicted, her room was twice the size of her old room. The first thing she noticed was the painted walls, it was a baby blue color like the sky while the comforter on the bed was a bright yellow. Her gaze dropped on the king sized canopy bed against the left wall, it looked soft and inviting. Yoona fought the urge to jump on the bed and bounce on it as if she were a child. Next to the bed was a balcony that gave a view of the pool and trees in the backyard.

"I hope you like it, your father said you always wanted a painted room and that you favorite colors are blue and yellow." Hyori said, interrupting Yoona's thoughts.

"You've outdone yourself dear." Jihoon complimented, pressing a kiss on her cheek. 

Yoona nodded subconsciously. Her stepmother had truly went abov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter