Chapter 09

Sing With Me

 

Creak. The noise of the door slightly opening was heard. I turned my attention to my bedroom door as my mom walked in warily. I set my pencil down and spun around in my chair to face her,”Hello.” She nodded and sat down on my bed carefully, looking around the room. “Your father and I will be going on a business trip tonight for a month. There should be enough food to last you, but if not, go to the store and buy some. I left some money in our dresser.”,she said and stood up to leave. She shut the door gently and I tilted my head curiously,”What’s up with her lately?” I shrugged it off and continued studying the notes for the upcoming concert.
- - - - - - - -
The school, as always, was filled with people talking. I was walking to the stage room to set my violin down, until someone blocked my path. I stopped abruptly and stared at the person in front of me, who happened to be Sungyeol, as always. “Yo!”,he beamed and grinned. “Hey.”,I smiled and he walked with me to the stage room. “So, nervous for the concert?”,he tilted his head with a smile planted on his face. I shrugged,”Not that nervous, sort of excited actually.” “Well, that’s a new one.”,he made a face and I giggled. “Anyway, there’s no practice today. Wanna go out?”,he asked. “Go out? Where?”,I raised my eyebrow. “Mmm.. How about the movie theatre?”,he beamed at his idea. “What movie are we gonna watch?”,I rubbed the back of my neck. “I don’t know. Drama?”,he laughed,”Aren’t those what you girls always watch?” “Pfft. You obviously don’t know me.”,I poked his forehead with my finger,”Horror movie!” “Eh? Are you sure you can handle it?”,he teased. “Please! Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”,I challenged. The bell rang and I frowned. “We’ll see about that.”,he winked and left me in the stage room.
- - - - - - - -
Class was the same as always and when the day finally ended, I headed home. I was close to the front of the house when my phone beeped with a text. I opened it and curiously read it:
Gosh! How long does it take you to get home?! I’ve been waiting for 30 minutes.):
-Sungyeol<3
I giggled and ran the rest of the way home. When I arrived at the front gates, I noticed Sungyeol leaning against the fence. “Hey!”,I shouted to him as I got closer. He turned his head and his face lit up,”Sangeun!” I unlocked the gate and took a step inside when he pulled on the back of my shirt,”HEY!”,I squealed as I got pulled back to face him. “I thought we were going to the movie theatre!”,he pouted childishly. I smiled, amused,”We are. I have to put my violin in my room first.”,I waved the violin case around gently. “Oh. Right. I knew that.”,he made a face and let me go. “Wait for me, okay?”,I smiled at him and ran inside. I ran inside my room and quickly changed into some skinny jeans, a striped v-neck shirt, a cardigan, and gray boots. I combed my hair in place and put on my winter hat as I put some lip gloss on. I nodded, satisfied with my outfit, and walked back outside. I ran next to Sungyeol, which surprised him,”Finished!” “Finally.”,he playfully rubbed his eyes and held my hand as he led the both of us to the movie theatre.
- - - - - - - -
During the whole movie, unexpectedly, I kept burying my face into Sungyeol’s arm. Why? That movie was freaking scary as heck! Freaking Sungyeol choosing the scariest movie ever. After the movie ended, We walked out the theatre and Sungyeol looked back at me, who was still clutching onto his arm because I was still shaking. “Hey, it wasn’t that scary.”,he comfortingly ruffled my hair. I looked up at him and gave him a face,”You meanie! You chose that scary movie on purpose, didn’t you?!” “Hey! I told you we should’ve just watched a movie with drama in it but no, you wanted to be a brave girl.”,he clucked his tounge as I hit his arm. He grabbed my hand,”Fine, since I scared you, I’ll treat you to ice cream.”,he smiled at me. I pouted,”You better.” “I promise.”,he laced his finger through mine and led us to the ice cream shop. I ordered my ice cream and happily ate it as we walked back to my house, still holding hands. “Let me try yours!”,he tried to my ice cream but I quickly held it away. “What?! No way! You have your own!”,I nodded at his. “But yours looks extra good!”,he pouted. “We got the same thing, babo!”,I made a face. “But yours looks really really good!”,he complained. I sighed,”Fine.” I held it out to him and he happily it. He held out his,”Want some of mine?” “I’ll pass.”,I rolled my eyes playfully and swung our hands back and forth. After a short pause he stared at my ice cream again,”Wanna trade ice creams?” “Oh gosh, not again.”,I rolled my eyes. “Okay okay, I get it.”,he chuckled. When we got to my house, I invited him in. We sat on the couch next to each other as a drama was playing on the TV. He looked around, “Aren’t your parents gonna be here soon?” I shook my head and up at him,”They’re gonna be on a business trip for a month.” “Eh? Aren’t you gonna be lonely?”,he asked. “No, I’ll be fine.”,I shrugged it off. Minutes passed as the drama continued. I began to feel sleepy and I had a feeling that Sungyeol was too. I turned off the TV and looked at Sungyeol, who was trying hard to stay awake. I lightly flicked his forehead,”Hey, wake up.” His eyes shot open as he looked straight at me. He sighed in relief after he calmed down. “Don’t you have to go home?”,I asked, looking at the clock. It was already 12. He shrugged,”I guess. See you tomorrow.”,he waved. I worriedly bit my lip as he put on his shoes. *It’s not safe to go outside at this time of night.* I grabbed his arm and he turned to me,”What’s up?” “Do you want to spend the night?”,I asked.
- - - - - - - -
I uncomfortably shifted in my bed while in my pajamas as Sungyeol was doing the same. We were sharing a bed since it was too cold to sleep on the floor and the couch would’ve hurt his neck in the morning. He finally spoke up,”Hey.” I turned to him and he looked in my eyes,”If you’re this uncomfortable, I’ll just leave.”,he sat up. “No! It’s fine!”,I shouted. We blinked at each other and I finally said,”Just sleep normally.” We both lay back down and he finally gave up and wrapped his arms around my waist. I blinked in surprise,”What’re you doing?” “Might as well, right?”,he shrugged and drifted off to sleep. I blinked a few times too, until I began to feel sleepy and drifted to sleep as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YAAAAY! IT'S AN UPDATE! 8D To be honest, I really liked this chapter. LOLOL.