And So It Ends

Opposed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP:

[HENRY'S POV] I walked out of the room, and shut the door behind me, letting out a sigh I hadn’t know I’d been holding. A few fighting tears slipped from the corners of my eyes, and I quickly wiped them away.

It was a relief that Micha was okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MICHA’S MOM’S POV]

I bent over the hospital bed and leaned in to kiss Micha on her forehead. "I'm sorry, sweetie... I'm so sorry," she whispered over and over again.

My husband came up to me and put his hand on my back, and the other one on Micha's leg, as a comforting gesture. "It's okay honey. They said that Micha is going to be fine," he soothed.

"It's still my fault that she's like this. If I had just stopped pushing Choi Young Soo on her, this never would've happened. If I just let her be with that boy, this never would've happened. If I just listened to you, this never would've happened!" She exclaimed.

"Honey, it's okay. I'm sure the kids don't blame you," my husband told me.

"Why wouldn't they? I wouldn't be surprised if they did..." I said looking toward the door.

I realized that the whole time Micha was in the hospital, Henry had been here for her, while her fiancé, Choi Young Soo, had not. I realized that when you're forced into a marriage, it's just for material reasons.. The wealth, the popularity, to combine two top businesses, etc. I didn't think that there wouldn't be love, care, and happiness in the marriage. But it's true, when you're forced into a marriage, rarely would you fall in love with that person. I realize that now. And it's never too late to change things.

"Let's give the kids some time together. Alone," my husband stated, probably noticing what I wanted to do. I nodded my head and walked towards the door, looking back at my daughter again.

My husband ushered me outside and motioned to Henry that he could go in.

He quickly got up, and practically ran inside the room. I smiled. Why hadn't I noticed how much they cared for each other? I knew the reason why. It was because I was blind sighted by money. Wealth. The thing that makes people greedy. The thing that made ME greedy. That, was something that I was ashamed of.

I whipped out my cell phone and dialed the number of Choi Young Soo's father. "Yes. Hello. This is Micha's mother. I'm just calling to say that I'd like to cancel the marriage contract... Yes, I am quite aware of the consequences, but I'm canceling it anyways. Have a nice day."

I snapped my phone shut with a smile plastered on my face. It felt good... To do the right thing.

[HENRY'S POV]

I sat by Micha's side, and just looked at her. Even sitting here on a hospital bed, pale and sickly, she looked absolutely stunning. I smiled at my lameness, but it was true.

She stirred in her sleep. I grabbed her hand and it with my thumb, smiling.

I stood up and kissed her forehead. When I pulled back, to sit back down, I froze when I was staring directly into her eyes.

I stood up quickly, my hands automatically going up in surrender, as if I'd been caught in the midst of a crime. I could feel the heat rushing to my face. I looked away, suddenly shy by getting caught by my girlfriend, kissing her in her sleep. I rubbed the back of my neck with my right hand, and chuckled nervously.

[MICHA'S POV]

I woke up when I felt something soft and warm press against my forehead. I blushed. I knew the feeling, Henry was kissing my forehead.

I stared at what I could see of him, so far, which was this neck. When he pulled bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter