Chapter 82

The First Cut is The Deepest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can noona call you Hyunie?” He nodded while continuing to on his lollipop.

I tried engaging in small talk so that he could be comfortable with me. “How old are you now?” He replied by showing me his chubby little palm. “I’m five now noona.”

Ruffling his hair gently, “Aigoo, Hyunie is so cute. Wow you have a very cool backpack. Can I have a look?” He has been cooperative so far even passing me his little bag.

“I see that you have a drawing book and colour pencils with you. You must like art. Should we draw something? I bet your appa and omma will love to receive a drawing from you.”

“They will? I want them to love me more. Noona, let’s start drawing now.” He replied enthusiastically.

Hyunie is such an obedient kid now in comparison to his tantrums just now. We have spent around two hours in his drawing and never once did he complain. I guide his little hand in drawing a papa bear, mama bear and baby bear.

“Will your appa be angry if we drew him that fat?” I chuckled.

“Nah. Appa knows that he is fat. Omma is always complaining and asking him to go on a diet.” He replied wittily.

“Wah. Hyunie is so smart to know what’s dieting at the age of five. Are you done with your masterpiece?” I complimented.

“Yup.” He answered proudly.

“How about you write a message on your drawing to appa and omma saying how much you love them. I bet they’ll love it even more.” I cooed.

He look so cute trying his very best to write properly. I wonder whether I will have a cute kid in future like him.

“Noona, I’m done! But I’m hungry now.” I heard his little tummy grumbling.

“Let’s go to the canteen to see what we can get then.” I piggybacked little Hyunie .

 

“See anything you like, Hyunie?” To my disappointment he shook his head and asked for kimbap instead.

“Ajummeonim, I’m very sorry to bother you but is it possible that you could help me prepare some ingredients for kimbap?”

“Aigoo, Crystal ah you’re here again to visit Ji Yong?” I smiled sheepishly. “Is that Woo Hyun?”

“Neh. He wants to have kimbap so I want to make it with him.”

“Give me 15 minutes then to prepare the ingredients.”

 

“Wah. Kamsahamnida ahjummeonim. You prepared so much for me.”

“It’s nothing. You’re like our daughter here.” She gave me a motherly smile.

With Hyunie on my lap, we are ready for our kimbap making session. Donning on plastic gloves, we started placing some rice on the seaweed and fill it with various fillings.

“Hyunie, don’t you think that you’re being too generous with the fillings? How are you gonna eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter