Hot Issue

United Chu!be

 

A/N: 4Minute's Gayoon and Beast's Doojoon! As requested by HanJiHee. 

 


 

“Aren't you going to go over to him? He looks like a lost puppy,” Jiyoon quirked an amused brow and sipped at her coke.

 

Her and Gayoon were seated at a small table in a nice restaurant. The place wasn't exactly bustling, but they were sitting behind the aforementioned man, just out of his sight. Gayoon smiled sweetly and shook her head, a lock of hair slipping from behind her ear.

 

“Nope,” her grin didn't waver; “I like watching Doojoon oppa squirm.”

 

True enough, Doojoon was at the table by himself, shifting in his seat and glancing around uncomfortably every now and then. It was common knowledge in the Cube offices that Doojoon hated eating alone. He waved awkwardly at a passing waiter and tried to play it off by running his fingers through his hair. Gayoon giggled joyously.

 

“Aish come on Gayoon-ah,” Jiyoon chuckled; “The poor man has waited long enough. He's going to think you're blowing him off!”

 

“It was brave of him to ask me out,” Gayoon nodded, her lips still curled sweetly into a soft smile; “but just give me a couple more minutes. It's too funny.”

 

“Sounds like you're just nervous to go on a date with him,” Jiyoon jeered. Huffing, Gayoon stood immediately; Jiyoon knew just how to push her best friend's buttons.

 

“I am not,” Gayoon stepped around the table, hips swishing; “just you watch.”

 

“Oh, I intend to,” Jiyoon gave the other woman a playful smirk as Gayoon moved past her pointedly.

 

Approaching Doojoon, Gayoon absolutely did not nervously tuck her hair behind her ear. The moment the man saw her, he smiled brightly and shot to his feet. Just as he was going to pull her chair out, she seated herself.

 

“Gayoon-ah,” he sounded so relieved; “I didn't think you were going to show up.”

 

“I'm sorry for being late oppa,” she smiled and touched his hand before admitting openly; “I was watching you from over there.” She pointed and Doojoon turned quickly. Jiyoon grinned, waving.

 

“Yah, Gayoon!” Doojoon tried to pretend he wasn't flushed with embarrassment; “Why did you make me wait like that? I hate sitting here all by myself.”

 

“It's cute,” Gayoon chuckled, eyes crinkling under her big grin; “you're cute when you're nervous oppa.”

 

Doojoon blinked in surprise. Coughing away his embarrassment into his fist, Doojoon responded quietly. “You're cute all the time.”

 

“That's so lame, Doojoonie!” Gayoon squeezed his fingers and he caught up her hand gently.

 

Grinning, Doojoon sheepishly rubbed at the back of his neck; “I'm sorry.”

 

“No, no—don't be,” Gayoon blushed despite herself; “I like that you're cheesy.”

 

“I never thought that you'd...” Doojoon hesitated, and Gayoon furrowed her slim brows.

 

“What, oppa?” she gave him the sweet smile that Doojoon fell in love with in the first place and Doojoon's heart skipped a beat; “I'm really glad you asked us to get together like this.”

 

“Me too,” Doojoon reached forward tenderly and a piece of hair behind Gayoon's ear. His eyes searched hers deeply and the expressive gesture stole her breath. “You're so beautiful...” he whispered almost as if he hadn't meant to speak at all.

 

Enraptured, Gayoon tilted her face upward and pressed her plump lips into his. Under the kiss, Doojoon blinked in surprise. In that moment, something between them clicked. Their connecting mouths two stray puzzle pieces falling into place. As Gayoon pulled back Doojoon subconsciously chased her lips.

 

Gayoon was blushing and Doojoon knew that he was as well; “That-that was-”

 

“Awesome!” Jiyoon exclaimed excitedly, destroying the charming scene; “I totally got a picture!”

 

“Yah! What are you doing here!?” Gayoon pushed at the other woman's shoulder as her and Doojoon shot apart.

 

“Oh not much,” Jiyoon wavered her phone in front of their eyes, showing off an image of their heated kiss; “just posting your new twitter update~”

 

“Don't. You. Dare,” Gayoon threatened, cold voice startling Doojoon a little.

 

Preparing to bolt, Jiyoon patted Doojoon on the shoulder; “Too late!”