Prologue

Vigilant [ONESHOT?]

"Prologue"


 

Baekhyun is a beauty made up of repulsive and vile accidents. It's a wonder how the delightful innocent Chanyeol was able to win his heart.

Baekhyun had shut himself out from the world after his last break up with his ex-boyfriend, Kim Jong In. After 3 years of fights and arguments, mixed with a lot of debts, Baekhyun finally called it off after Jong In attempts to use Baekhyun's body to pay off his debts.

Broken, lost, and cold with nobody, Baekhyun made the decision to go back to school. There Baekhyun indulges and locks himself into his studies. As he buries himself deeper in logics and facts, the walls of his hearts starts to harden and darken. Everything was expressed without emotions, just logic.

The two first met in the library(the best place to meet your lover). Chanyeol, humble as can be, and Baekhyun asocial as always.

Chanyeol was a winsome dork that seemed like a natural school jock, but he was the complete opposite. He was the definition of gullible; taking everyone's word for it. As cute and plushy as he is, he is a total coward. He'd rather "talk out" a problem than letting himself fall into the hands of violence.

Chanyeol had let his school map consume his head as his goggle eyes searched for the "history" section of the library. With the littlest slight of fate, Chanyeol smack Baekhyun in the face with his map.

"I'm sor-." Chanyeol bowed 75 degrees and stopped to stare at the beauty before him with his head down picking the anthologies.

The beauty picks up his books ever so carefully with his milky thin fingers, ignoring the giant before him. Still in dazed the dark hair giant kept his eyes on the distinct features of the diligent smaller boy who suddenly only knocks Chanyeol out of his thought after approaching Chanyeol's feet by crawling. Taken aback, Chanyeol backed away in shock and doesn't even realize he had stepped back onto the light brown's book that he was reaching for. Chanyeol widen his eyes onto the smaller boy as he looks up at him in the most displeasing face and slightly coughed. Chanyeol's eyes widen to its extent as he tried to make out what the smaller man wants. With his dark brown pupil, he signals the giant that his foot is on his book. It took a few seconds for the taller man to calculate everything and finally step away. "I'm sorry." He finally pulls his apology out.

"It's fine," Baekhyun taunted in a whisper that can nearly be heard.

Chanyeol nods with a hand to the back of his neck as he debates whether or not to help him to his feet. But before he can hear the end of his debate Baekhyun was already up on his feet ready to leave. Hesitant, Chanyeol pondered if he should ask the beauty about the library. "Ex-excuse me?"

*What is it now?* Baekhyun rolled his eyes and turned around.

"The history section,  do you happen to know where it is?"

"Right there." Baekhyun pointed to where he was just sitting.

"Ah~ deh... thanks," Chanyeol smiled showing all his whites with a bow.

Baekhyun bowed slightly and left. *What a beautiful smile.....But he still looks like an idiot.*

Chanyeol drops down into the seat and devours himself with the little flashbacks he had of the beauty he had just met.

----

It was the start of the semester, and the only place the hair giant could be found was the history section of the library, in the seat exactly across from the one Baekhyun always sits in. Chanyeol can be found there every Wednesday and Friday at 5, after he found out Baekhyun's schedule. Chanyeol will sit there and "study" until Baekhyun comes and sits across from him.

A whole semester had swam by and the two remain in place; a table away from each other. But progress have been made. Chanyeol would often bring up questions about his science course, but he'll just be more confused when Baekhyun explains the questions; only making their time together longer without even intending to do so.

Chanyeol viewed Baekhyun as a beautiful genuis, while Baekhyun viewed Chanyeol as an infuriating creature. Yes, Baekhyun categorizes Chanyeol as a creature and not a human. And Baekhyun will constantly remind him that he'll one day do a thorough research of his kind. And Chanyeol's reply would always be, "I'll be waiting."

In their second semester, Baekhyun had made the first move. He'd dragged his chair around the table next to Chanyeol's. And by the end of their second semester together, Chanyeol managed to make Baekhyun smile, for the first time.

"Baekhyun Hyung, do you know who you remind me off?"

"Who?"

"Lee Sung Mi." Chanyeol bites on his lips trying not to laugh.

Baekhyun lifts an eyebrow and gives it thought and then let out a smile.

Chanyeol couldn't help but gasped at the astonishing moment. "D-did the dark cold Byun Baek Hyun just smile?" Chanyeol grabbed his book and shield his gasp.

The curves of Baekhyun's lips loosens as he turns to look at his book again. 

*Damn it, Chanyeol, way to set the mood!* Chanyeol peers at him at the corner of his eyes as he pretends to gaze back into his book.

The rest of that day ended in silence. Chanyeol just couldn't understand or get himself to not get curious to why Baekhyun always avoid smiling. He sees that Baekhyun obviously doesn't seem to have anything undesirable about his life, he's smart(too smart) and beautiful. After a long internal-conflict, he decided to save that question for another day.

By their third semester the two was always seen together. They've transition out of the library into coffee shops, cafes, and restaurants. But Chanyeol still couldn't get Baekhyun to laugh. They'll have long educated talks and when the topic gets a little amusing, Baekhyun will change it.

----

Chanyeol finally gets his answer at a graduation party(A friend of theirs) that both of them were invited to. Chanyeol didn't intend to see the quiet asocial Baekhyun there. No one did. Chanyeol obviously showed up first, he was just planning to get there, have a drink, congrats the graduates and leave, but resolute in staying when Baekhyun arrived. Chanyeol was blown away by what he was wearing. The small brown head wore a sleeveless dress-shirt and a pair of black slacks. Never in Chanyeol's life did he ever imagined Baekhyun sleeveless. For a man who only wore long sleeve collar shirt as a regular, Chanyeol was more than blown away; he was attracted.

"Baekhy-" Chanyeol almost made a call for him, but saw that he had made his way up the staircase that no one was allowed to go up.

And like the curious idiot Chanyeol was he followed after to see what he didn't expect for.

The black hair giant slowed his steps at the unfamiliar voice he heard.

"You actually came?" the unknown man chuckled and leaned back with a smirk on his face.

"I came for the photos."

"Ah~ Yes, of course." The man reaches into his blazer and throws a stack of photos onto the table.

Baekhyun picked up the unseen photos of him(when he went to pay off Jong In's debt). The pictures displayed him trapped underneath the debt collector, the person before him.

Those picture brought back the memories Baekhyun had tried so many years to forget. And the pain and betrayal of his ex. If it wasn't for Baekhyun's pepper spray, who knew if he would still be alive today.

"How do I know you didn't make copies of it?"

"You're smart." the man from the photo sneered and pulled out a USB stick from his pocket. "Of course I made copies of it."

"What do you want?"

"What else," the debt collector smirked again.

Chanyeol's eyes widen as he holds himself from breaking into that room and beating the life out of whoever that ert debt collector is.

Baekhyun was a brainy, but he couldn't even see this coming. He was too eager to get rid of those disturbing photos he didn't stop to think of a plan B.

The ert debt collector rises from his throne-like-chair and walks behind Baekhyun; rubbing his finger under Baekhyun's chin. "I liked how you dress so accurately to how I instructed."

Baekhyun clenches his teeth and shuts his eyes tightly, doing nothing about it, because nothing can really be done. That ert had his men in the other room, waiting to kill him if he did anything.(yeah, but no one's watching the door) And it was the only way to retrieve his photos.

The ert s the first button to Baek's dress-shirt and continues on for the next button as he brushes the side of Baek's bare arm.

Baekhyun bites down on his lips in regret and hides his tears with his lids as he clenches his fist.

Chanyeol manages to slid the door slightly open to see the erts hand slipping into Baekhyun's shirt down to his abdomen. Chanyeol bursts in with no plan, but to just get out of there with Baekhyun. Everything happened so quickly. In a second Chanyeol was in, had Baek's hand, and was out. And the ert landed across the room. His men only came out when he fired his gun at Baekyeol running out.

In 15 minutes Baekhyun and Chanyeol was out of that mansion-looking house and 2 miles into the road. Chanyeol was the one that rescued Baekhyun, but 8 minutes into the road, Baekyun was the one dragging Chanyeol. The both of them didn't stop running until they got to the 5th bus stop away from the ert's home.

"What the hell was that all about?" Chanyeol breathlessly broke the awkward breathing session.

"None of your business," Baekhyun panted heavily and walked away without thanking his hero.

"Is that why you never smile?" the giant just couldn't keep quiet, but somehow he did manage to get Baekhyun to stop. "Because of some pictures." Chanyeol was really risking his chances.

The shorter man clenches is fist and approaches the taller man. "Those pictures are at the bottom of my reasons for not smiling. The reason why I don't smile is because of men like you." The brown head indicates with his index finger onto Chanyeol's left shoulder. His eyes reddening just from the thought of what he's going to say. "Because men like you and that ert over there are no different! Because all you guys care about is how you benefit lustily from my body! And how my emotions don't matter! And how I try so hard not to smile in front of you because I'm so afraid that if I concede myself into this pitfall of emotions! I don't know if I'll be able to get myself out!" Baekhyun takes a step back as his tears trembles down his cheeks.

Chanyeol stood in daze at Baekhyun's confession.

"I don't think I'll be able to take in the intensity of the pain before me." Baekhyun takes another step back. "I'm not-

Chanyeol abruptly closes the distance between them and seizes Baekhyun's cheeks with his long thin finger and locked their lips together. Chanyeol slant his head lightly, nibbling, tasting Baekhyun's lips that he's been wanting. After a brief minute, Chanyeol pulled away, his lips only a cm away from Baekhyun. "It's not always pain and lust. You've shielded yourself and heart for so long you've forgotten that there is also love." He whispered against Baek's lips.

For the first time, Baekhyun smiled without avoiding it. And for the first time, Baekhyun let out a laugh that's been buried for so long. Not because he's happy, but because of Chanyeol.

 

 

 

A/N:

And there it is, the prologue....LOL i don't really think it counts as a proloue, but since it's background info on how they got together let's just catagorize it as a prologue. I felt like it could just end here...BUT there's stilll more so don't go anywhere!(sounds like a tv show, "now cast in your votes!" LOL)

 

Just in case you guys were curious to how the "ert Debt Collector" looked llike. I visualized him looking like this: