Two

Two Sides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiwon walked out of the bus. She fixed her bag strap on her shoulder before stepping on the curb. She walked from bus stop to a nearby cupcake store. She opens the door and a jingle sound was heard. There were two employee on the cashier; a girl with her blond hair tied into a ponytail and a boy with his afro hair covered with a baseball cap, they both wearing the stores’ uniform.

“Welcome to Ol’ Goodies Cupcake, what can I get you miss?” the girl beamed.

“I’m here for the job, the manager told me I can start working today,” Jiwon answered.

“Oh you must be Park Jiwon, am I correct? The manager told us about you this morning. Please come in,” the girl then opened up a small door to the back of the cabinet and then she opened the door that Jiwon figured was the kitchen. Jiwon entered the kitchen and she walks behind the girl carefully to not bump into anything.

“I’m Yoonmi by the way.” She said while she walks. They finally entered a room with lockers and benches inside. “This will be our closet. We put our things and out uniform in the locker and sometimes we like to hang out in here to have some break or to eat some lunch. The manager here is really nice, you’ve met her right?” she asked her. Jiwon nodded.

She then opened a locker and inside was a freshly ironed uniform. “This will be your locker here and here are your uniforms. They gave you two sets for you to use for a week. And since you’re working part-time, you’ll be working after you finished your school at about 4pm and either you’ll work with me or with Won depends on the day you’ll be working. Now, is there something you want to ask me?”

“You and that afro guy only works on the cashier right?” Jiwon asked.

“Yes, and that afro guy has a name and his name is Won.”

“Sorry. So, who is the pastry chef?”

“Oh I almost forget about him. Our pastry chef just went out buying us some snacks, he’ll be back soon.”

“Okay, I guess I’m good now.” Jiwon smiled at her.

“Okay then, I’ll leave you to change your clothes and I’ll see you outside.”

Yoonmi left her in the room. Jiwon then placed her bag on the desk and went grabbing her uniform. It was a peach colored polo shirt with brown long pants. She tied her hair into a neat ponytail and let her bangs loose to cover her forehead. She looked at herself on the mirror and sighed before walking out of the room. She closed the door and when she turned she bumped into someone.

That someone happens to be a boy wearing a white long-sleeve shirt and black pants and he fell to the floor with hitting first. From the way he dressed, Jiwon noticed that he was the pastry chef Yoonmi was talking about. Jiwon stoop to see the boy’s face, “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking. Are you okay?”

The boy lifted his head after dusting his pants. And how shocked Jiwon was when she saw Kyungsoo’s big eye staring at her.

“You?” they both said in unison.

Kyungsoo grabbed something from his left and then pull himself up. He then move his gaze to Jiwon and he grew curious on her. “You’re the new employee?” he asked.

“You’re the pastry chef?” Jiwon asked again.

“Aish I’m asking you first dimwit.” Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yes, I just started today. And what about you? You’re the pastry chef? I didn’t even know you can cook.” She scoffed.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Go mind your own business probie.” Kyungsoo walks away from her to the kitchen cabinet.

Jiwon huffed in annoyance. She walked outside the kitchen into the cashier. She saw Yoonmi taking orders from a costumer in the cashier and Won taking some cupcakes and putting them into the box. Yoonmi then walked to Won and joined him picking some cupcakes. Jiwon leaned against the wall watching them and she hummed. I shouldn’t be doing this. I need to do the work I signed for.

Won then went to the cashier again and handed the box filled with cupcakes to the customer. He then turned to see Jiwon and then he approaches her. “Aren’t you going to help us?” he asked.

Jiwon flinched and then stood up straight. “I was waiting for you to finish. I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“Okay then you should come with me then.” Won then took her hand and dragged her to the cupcake area. It was an aluminum shelves and it holds more than ten tray also made out of aluminum. There were different kinds of cupcake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter