Choi Seunghyun

Stay Strong: The Troubled

Choi Seunghyun’s  POV.

 

 

I looked out to the ocean of heads. Bobbing up and down they were cheering my name. They were calling for me. This is all for me, I thought. Millions of eyes were on me cheering me on. It was my big debut. It was finally my chance to shine. My chance to finally be myself. I stepped out to the stage, the bright light shining down. I felt the heat from the bright lights sweep over me. I took a deep breath, lifted the microphone my face, and started to rap:

 

 

    Michin kkum-i iss-eoss-eo nan

    Guwon-ui bichjulgileul kkumkkudeon bam

    Jeolm-eun santteusham neomu tteugeobda geu an-e deo tteugeobge dalguni

    I never fall out

 

 

    Naeil-i olkka ready or not

    Kkum-eun middeon soseolgaui sonja

    Mom-i heoyaghadamyeon chelyeog-eun deo danlyeonsikimyeon dwae

    Myeongsang-eulo yeonghon-eun saljjiwossne-


 

 I smiled a wide grin waving my hands through the air. I let the track play for a little bit to listen to the audience's cheering:

 

 

T.O.P! T.O.P! T.O.P, TOP Choi Seunghyun!

 

 

The chants from the crowd gave me an overwhelming joy. The feeling spread out throughout my whole body. Swaying to the beat, I continued rapping:

 

 

    Dallidagado nun tteseon andoeneun baegmileo

    Eonjena bang-eohadeus geoji nundongja anymore

    Geuttaeneun teomunieobs-ido midneun jeolm-eun-ido gidaenjeogdo issjyo

    I'm   sorr-

 

 

T.O.P! T.O.P! T.O.P, TOP Choi Seung- BEEP!

 

 

All of a sudden the cheering turned to beeping noises to the beat of the fan chant. I stopped dancing and looked out to the crowd frowning. What the heck..

 

 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 

 

I peered out to the audience to see what was going on. One by one the audience was replaced by thousands of clones of my butler Moon Yongki.

 

 

"Master~",they all said in unison, "Master~"

"Master, Master!"

 

 

I rose from my sheets to see Mr. Moon standing over my bed and shaking me slightly.

 

 

"Aish seriously! I don't want to get up." I said groggily, slightly disappointed. It was all just a dream. The audience, the chanting, and me finally getting to be myself, was all just a glorious fantasy. I sighed deeply, “What time is it?"

 

 

"It's 6:30 A.M. Master."

 

 

"Ah! Why so early?"

 

 

"It's Thursday Master"

 

 

I shot up in my creme king-sized bed. Crap! Park Bom comes to take me to my classes today. Don't get me wrong, I love Noona- just not in the way she wants me to. We've been friends since we were little. We were always together every chance we got. Inseparable. Because of this, I've always thought of her as a noona, never been anything but friends. Things have been that way up until recently when we heard the talk between our parents. She been acting strangely ever since...

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

"Hey! Give that back!" yelled Park Bom through the empty corridors of the mansion,"That's my secret journal!"

 

 

"Never! I'm gonna read all your precious secrets!" I yelled with a playful laugh. I ran down the long and empty corridor. Our laughs and screams echoed throughout the hall. I peaked behind my shoulder with a smile, watching Bom heave with exhaustion. I love messing with Bom Noona. She's so cute when she get's worked up like this.

 

 

“Hey Noona, aren’t you a little old to be writing in a diary?” I shouted, waving the journal around in the air.

 

 

“Shut up Seunghyun! And it’s not a diary, it’s a journal!”

 

 

I quickly turned the corner to avoid her, “Boy Noona, for your age you sure are fast!”

I yelled,“But I’m still faster!”

 

 

Although this was true, she was steadily gaining on me. I decided to direct the chase to the game room. I soon realized this was a bad idea and ended up cornering myself.

 

 

“Haha, ok noona,” I said laughing with my hands up,” I give up. You win.”

 

 

“Aish! You little-” said  Bom while snatching the journal away. “Never do that ever again!” she yelled as she leaned against the wall accidentally pushing the intercom button.

 

 

“Hehe. Ok I wi-” I stopped my self upon hearing the adults’ voices, “Wait shush Bom.” I strained my ears at the voices. That sounds like our parents. “Sounds like the adults are talking,” I said mischievously.

 

 

“-And since Seunghyun is the heir to the infamous Choi empire and Bom is the heir to the notorious Park family, together our empires would be unstoppable,” said Bom’s father.

 

 

Together? Are they talking about what I think they are talking about...  “Ya!” interjected Bom, “It’s rude to eavesdrop. And did you just call me Bom-“

 

 

“Shush Noona,’ I said as quietly as I could, “Their conversation sounds important,” I said curiously.

 

 

“So,” said Bom eomma, “An arranged marriage between Seunghyun and Bom would be perfect for business. Think of it as a merge between companies.”

 

 

Bom and I looked at each other with wide eyes. “Arranged marriage?!” I whispered in shock, “Did you know about this?” She shook her head abruptly.

 

 

“All we need,” continued Bom’s mother, “is your consent and their cooperation.”

 

 

“Hmm,” pondered my appa, “I think that’s a brilliant plan. What do you think honey?”

 

 

“What?!” I whispered. I hope Eomma will talk some sense into him. “Please say no Eomma!” I prayed silently. I know if Eomma disagrees, Appa would dismiss the idea as ridiculous.

 

 

“Well if it was any other girl, I would disagree to this,” started my mom.

 

 

“Crap. I sense a but coming in,” I whispered to Bom. I looked up at her. “Noona?” She has such a distant look on her face, like her mind was somewhere else. I just shrugged it off.

 

 

“But,” continued Eomma, “Seeing the great bond between Seunghyun and Bommie, I think they would probably like the idea too, especially Bommie!” Bom blushed at that. What’s wrong with noona? She’s acting weird all of a sudden. Like she... approves of this?

 

 

“Excellent!” said Bom’s father “All we need to do is have you too sign this marital agreement and get Seunghyun to sign it. We already got Bom to sign it.”

 

 

“What!?” I shouted in disbelief. I turned to her quickly feeling betrayed. “You signed it already?! So you did know about this!”

 

 

“Sorry?” she said nervously.

 

 

“What the heck man! So now you guys are planning this aspect of my life as well?!” I shouted angrily, “I can see my parents and your’s doing something like this, but you?” I turned away from her in disgust. I was shaking. My fists were balled. I was fuming mad.


 

“I complain to you all the time about how my life is controlled by our parents. How they make me do all these extracurricular activities I hate, how they planned which college courses I took, how they planned my career, not once asking me what I wanted to do.”


 

Tears were beginning to surface. I tried to blink them away but they just poured out . “After all that I thought, ‘Oh well I’ll at least get to choose my wife, someone I love.’ Wrong!” I sighed rubbing my eyes, “I don’t even get to do that.”

 

 

“Seunghyun I-”

 

 

“No! You know what? No. I thought I could trust you to not try to control me, but I see that was wrong. You’re just like them.” I glared at her hard before storming off to find my parents.

 

 

“Eommoni! Abeoji!” I shouted storming into the room where their meeting was being held with Bom following closely behind.


 

“Ah! Seunghyun we were just about to call you in-“

 

 

“Appa! Eomma! I’m not going to marry Bom Noona! You guys might have controlled everything else in my life, but I’m picking who I marry.”

 

 

“Oh Seunghyunie, you may not love Bommie now but you’ll soon grow to love her-”

 

 

“No I won’t! Loving Noona in that way… It’s just weird-“

 

 

“What’s so weird about it! Huh!” said Bom finally speaking up. She was shaking violently with her fists balled. Her ears and face were bright red. “We’ve been friends for years, Seunghyun! You’re saying I’m the only one that has developed feelings?!”

 

 

The room went dead silent.

 

 

Surely she wasn’t trying to justify at this? SURELY she wasn’t trying to turn this around on me? Now I feel even angrier, yet... somewhat confused... “Noona what are you even-“

 

 

“Fine Seunghyun! You might be too immature to love me now, but I love you, and I’m going to make you love me! Abeoji, Eommoni I'll leave first.” And with that she stormed off.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

Ever since that day Bom has been super nice to me and always trying to be around me. It was sorta nice at first, but it’s starting to get suffocating. She comes to pick me up at 7:30 on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. I’ve been waking up early for 3 weeks now to avoid her.

 

 

“Mr.Choi, It’s time to start your daily route.”

 

 

“Ne.” Every morning Bom is suppose to pick me up, I get up at 6:30, get ready and go to my classes.

 

 

I was getting out of the shower when a familiar voice rang out, “Seunghyun-ah!”

 

 

Crap! She came early. “Hey Noona…” I said discouraged.

 

 

“Still sleepy? Wake up Seunghyunnie.” She said cheerfully.

 

 

“Oh god” I sighed. I breathed in deeply and out again. This is gonna be a long day.

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey guys! Just as I promised! This story is up asap! Hehe. I'm nearly done rewriting the next chapter. I just want to have my friend go over it and then I'll post it. It will be up by Thursday I promise! 

 

Til then,

 

MAshid Author-nim~