TODae - Waiting

Collection of Ficlets

Finally I had time to write this one! This is another AU, I imagine. Enjoy reading!

Song: BoA - Waiting
Pairing: Seunghyun x Daesung - TODae
Word count: 797


Waiting for tomorrow, waiting for autumn, waiting for love.

Waiting in denial, waiting in hope.

Daesung waits.

He waits because why would he do anything else? There’s no reason not to wait. He has faith. He has hope. He knows Seunghyun will be back because he promised so.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He smiles because as he reminisces, he comes to think of their first kiss.

They shared their first kiss under the watchful gaze of the moon, embraced in its caring light. He remembers the feeling of the damp grass beneath him, the feeling of it between his fingers. He doesn’t quite remember if it were cold because Seunghyun was there, holding him close, and his warmth kept Daesung warm.

Their first kiss was gentle and shy because they weren’t yet too sure of their own feelings or the other’s.

Daesung waits.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He laughs because as he reminisces, he comes to think of the first time Seunghyun said those three words.

Those three words, so simple yet so complicated.

When Seunghyun first said I love you, they were in the middle of a pillow fight after a nice, easy day. They smiled and laughed, teased each other, and Seunghyun had overpowered Daesung (Seunghyun insisted Daesung could have easily thrown him off and Daesung merely grinned). They lay on the bed, chests heaving after the effort, and they had looked into each other’s eyes and that’s when the words stumbled over Seunghyun’s lips.

“I love you,” he said and then turned bright red when he realised he had said it aloud. Daesung was quick to assure him that he loved him, too, sealing it with a gentle kiss.

The pillows were forgotten on the floor and Daesung still holds that memory dear because those words had come out of nowhere. It hadn’t been arranged or timed, no, he’d simply spilled the words on the spur of the moment and that made them so much more sincere in Daesung’s heart.

Daesung waits.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He frowns because as he reminisces, he comes to think of their first real argument, their first fight.

Their first real disagreement was stupid, he thinks in retrospect, but that doesn’t change the past.

Seunghyun was tired when he returned from work that evening years ago and Daesung was in a bad mood because of a phone call from one of his friends. He doesn’t recall who started if, if any of them really did, but one thing lead to another and soon they were yelling at each other, crying and saying things that couldn’t possibly be taken back.

A healthy relationship is not without flaws and the following day found the two discussing the fight in a much calmer manner. They were still young and stupid and they were aware of this, so soon everything was forgiven.

Daesung waits.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He starts to cry because as he reminisces, he comes to think of that one time he said the words I hate you to the one man he so loves with all his heart.

They didn’t see anything to each other for the next month, didn’t even exchange a single word, and none of their friends could get them to talk about what happened to make them like this. They were lovers who turned into strangers.

Only when they ran into each other by chance one day did they sit down together on a bench to talk. They both realised their love was far from over and so they used the remainder of the day to even out the threads. They had to understand each other, their actions and words, and then they were able to get back together.

Daesung waits.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He waits and he waits and he remembers. He never forgets.

He waits.

And while he waits, he remembers.

He looks up when the door opens and a joyful smile breaks over his face at the sight of his loved one.

“You’re back,” he says and stands.

It’s been a long time since he felt this full of energy, this alive.

Seunghyun’s eyes run over him, taking in every detail, and then he smiles back. “You waited for me to come back to you.”

“Of course I waited, pabo,” Daesung snorts and runs into Seunghyun’s arms once the older man beckons him closer.

Seunghyun buries his face in Daesung’s neck and inhales his scent.

I missed you,” Daesung whispers, “but I never doubted you.”

“I love you,” Seunghyun tells him. “I’m sorry I only returned now.”

“It’s okay. You’re back now, so it’s okay.”

Seunghyun smiles, as does Daesung, and as Seunghyun leads him away, he doesn’t look back.


Riiiight. This is probably as odd as the TOBae one.

So, I'm going to tell you what this is supposed to be about (in my head). If you want your own interpretation, that's okay - just don't read further. Thanks for reading!

Here's what I wanted this to be about but have probably failed at: Seunghyun left Daesung, either for something big like war or for something simple like grocery shopping. What and why isn't important, really (although it is important to note that he did not leave Daesung behind on purpose, so to say). Now, normally one returns from, say, grocery shopping after an hour or so, it depends, but the thing here is that Seunghyun doesn't return. He dies while out and Daesung waits for him for years, getting older and older. Either Daesung is in denial (/has gone mental) or he really doesn't know Seunghyun's dead and isn't coming back (which means that, in the end, he thinks Seunghyun returns from whatever and isn't aware of the fact that he himself dies at that very moment) or he knows Seunghyun's gone but waits for Seunghyun to come for him (hence he knows he's dead when Seunghyun shows up).

Again, thanks for reading! If you have any questions, just ask me. These two last fics have been rather... vague.