DaeBae - Love You to Death

Collection of Ficlets

Right, I also uploaded this one quicker than I thought I would. I think it's alright, so I hope you think so, too. Thanks a bunch for upvotes, comments and subscriptions!

The second out of ten ficlets.

Song: Love You to Death - Taeyang
Pairing: SunDae/DaeBae/BaeDae/SunDae/TaeDae/SunFlower
Word count: 866


Love in their world is tough and oftentimes not worth it, however, in their case, it’s even more than that: It’s forbidden. It’s prohibited and should anyone aside from their closest friends ever find out, it’ll be the end of them and everything they’ve worked so hard to accomplish.

Still, they won’t let anyone hinder their love. They’ve made a choice and their closest friends are with them, so they’re convinced everything will work out in the end. They’ll overcome every hardship coming their way, every obstacle. They will continue moving forward even if the whole world is against them.

In the end, love will conquer.

Privacy is sacred to them. In their world, the slightest mistake, a mere second of carelessness, and everything will collapse around them, so they must wait until they can have a moment together with no curious or judging eyes watching their every move and waiting for the smallest slipup.

So when they have the chance, they take it.

“I’m tired,” Daesung whines, flopping down in a chair and throwing his right arm over his eyes, releasing a heavy sigh. “Lucky thing we have tomorrow off and the others decided for a night out…” He lowers his arm slightly to watch his lover sauntering around and lightening up candles. Daesung smiles amusedly.

Youngbae is such a closet-romantic. Everyone thinks it’s Jiyong, but Daesung knows better.

He straightens and continues to observe the other man, smiling when he comes to a halt and nods to himself in satisfaction.

Daesung dimly wonders how all the candles got there. He can count at least twenty.

“Candles bring a comfortable atmosphere,” Youngbae shrugs when Daesung throws him a partially bemused and partially amused look.

“And romantic,” Daesung scoffs, resting his cheek on his palm, half-lidded eyes still watching the form of his lover. “But yes, also relaxed. Mmmh.” He sniffs the air and then snorts, chuckling. “Perfumed candles, Bae?”

Youngbae smiles sheepishly, running a hand through his mohawk. “Yeah… Someone recommended it.”

“Who? Jiyong hyung?”

“He said he’d kill me if I ever told you.”

“So Seunghyun hyung.”

“I didn’t tell you anything, ara?”

Daesung laughs as Youngbae approaches him and drops down on his lap with all the grace of a dancer. “I’ll keep quiet.”

“Great. It wouldn’t be good for Bigbang’s reputation if one of its members killed one of the others and someone found out,” Youngbae says with some amusement evident in his tone.

“So, it’s just a question about no one ever finding out the truth,” Daesung muses, earning a “Ya” and a swat from Youngbae. “Aah, kidding, kidding!”

Youngbae turns around in Daesung’s hold to face him, a thoughtful frown visible on his forehead. Daesung raises an eyebrow in question and Youngbae shakes his head, smiling gently.

“Nothing,” he assures. “I was just wondering… Do you think you’ll ever stop loving me?”

Daesung’s answer is prompt and confident: He leans in to peck the other’s lips softly before saying, “Never.”

“I’m glad,” Youngbae murmurs, avoiding his lover’s eyes as he glances around. There’s still a smile on his lips, Daesung notes, but it’s hesitant and Daesung wonders what’s going on. “Wait a second.” And with that Youngbae’s off his lap and has disappeared into one of the other rooms and Daesung’s left and even more confused.

Youngbae returns a minute later and approaches Daesung again, this time kneeling before him and reaching for his hands and Daesung’s heart beats a hundred more beats per minute than what’s healthy.

“Bae?” he prompts, looking closely at his hyung.

“Don’t ever stop loving me because I’ll never stop loving you,” Youngbae says seriously and Daesung blinks, looking at the ring Youngbae’s now holding up for him. “I’ll love you to death, Daesung-ah, so please don’t ever leave me, okay?”

“So… this..?” Daesung breathes, pointing at the ring, and Youngbae smiles slightly.

“I have one, too. We’ve been together for more than two years and I…” He hesitates before continuing in a much softer voice, “I love you so much, so I thought… Maybe we should do this. Do you agree?”

Daesung, although still surprised, nods quickly and smiles brightly. “Yes! I mean… Couple rings…” His smile softens and he looks warmly at Youngbae. “Let’s. A promise.”

Youngbae smiles back, gently, and complies when Daesung invites him back into his arms. He sits and makes himself comfortable, twirling the ring between his fingers as he leans his head back against the other’s broad, warm chest. He lets out a sated sigh and tips his head backwards to look at Daesung who’s watching him with a fond smile.

“We’ll find a chain for it or something later,” Youngbae mumbles, opting to just taking Daesung’s hand and putting it on his finger for now. He then reaches for his own ring in a chain around his neck and shows it to Daesung. “See. Mine’s here.”

Daesung’s smile is soft as he lays a hand on Youngbae’s, squeezing, and leans in to capture the man’s lips in a heartfelt kiss.

It may be long before they can get some time alone like this again, but they will treasure these moments together, be it minutes or days, always.


... I thought it was about time I wrote something not-angsty for them. Haha.

Next ficlet will be up... soon. Probably. Hopefully. Maybe.

As always, I hope you like it! And thanks for reading!