Second

When We Were 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do I have to come to school during my off-day?”

Yoona sighs softly and continues to cycle to her school. Her homeroom teacher asks her to help decorate the class because Yoona’s house is the closest to the school.

“I still have that essay waiting for me at home.”

Yoona continues to mumble and look down without noticing danger lies ahead of her.

“Hey! Watch out!”

Yoona immediately shouts the moment her eyes see the danger ahead of her.  But, before she almost hit the boy standing before her, Yoona change her route and hit the other side of the road instead.

“Oww! Today is just not my kind of day!” Yoona shrieks in pain and shake her head at her own thoughts.

“Are you okay, Yoona?”

Yoona quickly stand up the moment she recognizes the owner of the voice. She stands up too sudden that her wounds open up even more.

“I’m okay, ummm…” She mentally face palm herself for not remembering his name. Duh, I almost hurt the most famous boy among my school friends, but I cannot remember his name. You , Yoong!

Yoona mentally curse herself. The boy has already walked towards Yoona’s bike and help to stabilize the bike.

“I’m sorry! I almost hit you!” Yoona quickly stand in front of the boy and bow to apologize. His fangirls is going to kill me if they found out about this.

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine. No need to apologize. Um, you’re hurt…” The boy points at Yoona’s right arm full of scratches and wounds she got from the incident earlier.

“Oh, this? Don’t worry, it will heal in time. I should be worried about you. Are you hurt? Do you need to see a doctor? Do you need a plaster? Do you—”

“I’m fine, but we need to get you treated.”

The boy looks at Yoona full of worries while holding her bike.

“Don’t worry, I’m used to this. Um—this might sound rude, but what’s your name again?” Yoona asks regretfully. She knows who he is, but she just could not recall his name.

The boy’s laughter erupts.

“You’re funny. Well, my name is Jongin. Kim Jongin, we are classmates by the way.” He smiles at Yoona. The same smile that makes plenty girls fallen for him, but not Yoona. She seems immune to it.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I hope I did not hurt your feelings. I’m Yoona, Im Yoona… I guess I should go now. Don’t worry about me, I have my own a first aid kid in my bag for things like this.” Yoona smiles and bow as she walks towards Jongin to get her bike back.

“Nope, I’m not going to let someone hurt walk away from me. I’ll help you with the bike and your stuff. Why are you at school anyway?” Jongin pushes the bike slowly as Yoona walk beside him, still feeling weird for his friendly nature.

‘He’s not that unapproachable. In fact, he’s quite normal.’

“Ah, I was asked to decorate our class today. So, that’s why I’m here.”

“Oh, why are you alone?”

“Well, I do not want to bother other people. So, I decided to come alone.”

“Can I help?”

Jongin’s offer sounds like music to her ears. Sure, Yoona totally need help. But, then again, who is she asking help from someone she almost hit?

“Nope, that’s okay. I don’t want to burden you or ruin your weekend.” Yoona smiles.

“I want to help. That’s my class too. Can I?” Jongin smiles back at Yoona making her unable to reject his offer.

“Okay. Let’s go upstairs to our class.”

The two of them walk side by side in silence after Jongin help to park her bicycle. Yoona still feel guilty for making him help her. She did not know how to describe her day, whether it’s a good thing or not.

The moment they reach the class, Jongin quickly put down their bags and materials Yoona brought earlier and look at Yoona.

“We need to treat you first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter