First Chapter

When We Were 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Teenager is one of the phases of growing up. According to Urban Dictionary, teenager’s phase is a period of time where someone changes in terms of physically and mentally. During this period of time, the teenager will usually be influenced by their surroundings. They will also start to discover their new things such as new feelings, the hardship to find a good friend, the different side of people and most importantly insecurities.”

 

“Teenagers phase, huh?” Yoona closed the tab on Chrome browser and decides to surf something else for her school project. She sighs again when she glance over the topic that was given to her by her teacher.

“What can I write about teenagers? Why can’t she give me topic related to disease prevention and cure or any other topic?” Yoona turn off the computer and walk towards the book section. She decided to look for some books related to teenager’s stories.

Yoona noticed a group of girls looking over a certain guy at her school. Precisely, he is one of her classmate, Kim Jongin who is sitting with his friends.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Yoona could hear one of the girls muttered loud enough for her to hear.

“Well, he sure got a nice smile.”

“Look! His laughter! So adorable.”

“I heard he’s friendly, but—”

“I hardly see him talk to girls except for professional reason.”

“He looks scary for me to approach.”

Yoona glance secretly at the guy they mention and shakes her head. Who would have thought a guy like that will appear in real life? He reminds her of the manga main character she read a few days ago. Famous, Intelligent, Kind, and not bad looking… She is used to hearing this kind of compliment for Kim Jongin. She laughs it off and walks away to sit at one of the chairs inside the library.

“I can’t let those things distract me. Boys will be boys now. Studies come first.” She mutters to herself placing her books on the table. She sighs again before turning her attention to her bag by her side. She takes out her notebook to start writing down some ideas for her essay.

 

Teenagers—

“Why is it so noisy?” Yoona looks around after she heard all sort of noises. She notices that the library which is rather empty is now full of students. She sighs again for the umpteenth time.

‘Focus, Im Yoona. You only have this to save yourself.’ Yoona continues to brainstorm some ideas.

She closes her eyes, hoping that this can make her focus and to distract herself from her surroundings.

‘Teenagers is considered as a phase where human beings—’

“Excuse me…” A low tone voice interrupts her brainstorming session.

“Yes?” Yoona tries to regain her self-control. She can’t be mad at some strangers.

“Umm… I am sorry for disturbing you. Um… You cannot bring your bag inside. You have to put it outside.” The boy before her stutters with his boyish voice. Yoona raises one of her eyebrows at that boy before nodding at him.

“Okay, thanks for telling me.” Yoona looks at him and suddenly thought of leaving.

‘I should just leave since the library is rather noisy today.’ Yoona looks back at her stuff and starts to put everything inside her bag.

“Uhh… I can look after your stuff while you put away your back… You don’t have to leave.” The boy softly utters each word carefully; hoping that Yoona will not misunderstood his intention earlier.

Yoona looks back at him with a smile, “It’s okay. I’m about to leave anyway. Thank you—” Yoona quickly glance at his name tag only to find it got block by his notebook.

“Thanks, Library Boy.” She smiles again and leaves the library, heading to her favorite spot at the school.

“Hey Jongin. The girls are looking at you again. You surely are a famous guy~”

Jongin laughs at his friend, Taehyung who seems pretty excited as the girls squeal whenever they glance over.

“Look at that group of girls. They cannot hide their smile.” Taehyung added again making Jongin laughs again.

“Nah… Why would they look at me? They look pretty scared of me more than liking me. They must’ve been interested in you.” Jongin throw a light punch at Taehyung who is now smiling at his statement.

“Probably~ It must’ve nice to be popular and likable.” Taehyung sneak a glance at the girls inside the library every now and then.

“Well, you are popular yourself.”

Jongin laughs as he secretly sighs to himself. In his opinion, he does not really like the fact that he got gifts every single time their school held some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter