3-365

Moonlight

“What if he changed the password?” Hyejin ask turning back to see if Sehun was still standing behind her.

“I doubt it. Hurry up and try” Sehun replies shaking Hyejin by her shoulder.

Hyejin takes a deep breath and slowly pressed the passwords on the pads. Within seconds Hyejin heard the familiar beeping sound it always made and the door click opens.

“You see, I think Kai still wants you to come around, why would he change the password.”

Hyejin turns around to say something to Sehun but was pushed away by him as he enters the house instantly. She stood there in disbelief on how rude the youngest boy of the group is.

“Omg Oh Sehun” Hyejin said gritting her teeth and rolled her eyes as she enters the apartment.

“Kai never told us the password to his apartment you know. We used to argue a lot between all of us on that. I mean come on, we’re literally brothers. But then again we would come all the time without invitation and he had to give his password because he was always away.”

“Yeah I know, and we would have to change the password every time you guys came over. Do you know how many times we had to change the password?” Hyejin said taking of her shoes inspecting if Kai’s shoes are at present.

Sehun peep his head out from the hall.

“How many times?” he asks

“Numerous times” Hyejin said rolling her eyes

Hyejin took small steps walking into the hall of the apartment almost making no noise at all. She looks around every angle of the apartment taking in the familiar view of the rooms and the familiar scent. Sehun was already ahead of her in the living room making his way towards the couch.

“Nothing changed much since the last time I came” He said grabbing for the remote

Hyejin arrives at the living room and everything seems the same. The furniture is still in the same position. The paintings are still hanged perfectly on the wall. The candles and ornament they bought together are still placed on the shelf like the last time she saw it. Hyejin made her way to the sliding door and pull the curtain to the side and slide open the sliding door. The house seemed a bit too stuffy for her and she needed some air to calm her nerves down.

Sehun’s eyes are glued on the TV watching the re-run of yesterday’s drama.

“Do you want anything to drink?”

Sehun turns his head and looked at Hyejin oddly. His eyes wide open and his mouth slightly open composing something in his head to reply back to her. Hyejin bit her lower lip and look at Sehun with embarrassment after realizing what she just said.

“Forget about what I just said. I’ll go get my stuff” Hyejin left the living room and made her way quickly to the master bedroom.

“You know you still sort of live here and yes I’d like a drink please!” Sehun shouted

Hyejin ruffles her hair in frustration and covers her face. She was mentally cursing herself in her mind she was unaware of what she just asked Sehun. To her the question came out involuntarily. She doesn’t live here anymore but she felt differently. She feels as if this is still her home and her sanctuary.

“You can get it yourself. I don’t live here anymore” She shouted back

Hyejin stood still in front of the bedroom. The door is close shut. She reached her hand out and grasp upon the doorknob. She was scared to turn the doorknob open. She was scared of all the memories that contains inside the room. She was scared that if she enters the bedroom their pictures will only bring tears in her eyes. Or worse they may not be in the room at all. She was scared of so many things but she knew she had to get over it.

Hyejin turns the doorknob open and pushes the door open. The view of the room from the door seems the same like nothing has changed. Hyejin hesitate to walk in.

Sehun kept on changing the channels on the TV trying to find something to watch that’s actually worth his time. He finally got fed up with the hopeless shows and got up to get himself a drink.

On his way to the kitchen he saw Kai’s bedroom door wide open and he decided to check up on Hyejin. He walked slowly towards the room and hid himself behind the door peeping his head inside the room.

Hyejin was sitting down on the floor with a picture frame on her hand. Pictures were scattered all around her. Sehun couldn’t tell if she was crying or not her back was facing him.

He entered the room gently making sure Hyejin didn’t hear his footsteps. Sehun stood there behind her watching her trace the frame delicately.

Hyejin set down the frame and took the other pictures around her. It was all pictures of her and Kai and some pictures of them and their friends. Most of them were Polaroid pictures.

She smiled faintly at a picture of her and Kai. They were hugging each other; her face buried in Kai’s chest as she was avoiding the camera. And kai was laughing his head on top of hers and his arms around her tightly. It was Kai’s favorite picture of them.

She couldn’t take her eyes off the picture. It was beautiful. They were beautiful.

Sehun knew she was hurting inside. Seeing her like this, it’s breaking him. She used to be happy bubbly and quirky. He misses that Hyejin. If he could take the pain away from her he would. He knew everything would not be the same again. The chances for the three of them to hang out like they use to be are so far away. He misses the time when he kai and Hyejin would run around Hangang River spraying water in the middle of the night or playing pranks on the older Hyungs since the three of them are the same age. The three have the chemistry unlike any other. They connect so well.

Hyejin picks up another picture. This time it’s a picture of Kai holding a birthday cake with his eyes closed blowing the candles off. At the bottom of the picture was writing that she wrote Happy 20th Birthday Baby.

Sehun took a last look of Hyejin’s back and walk out of the room silently. He walked towards the kitchen to get himself a drink.

Sehun freezes as soon as he enters the kitchen. He was surprised by the individual that’s standing in front of him.

“Kai!” Sehun shouted in happiness and went over to hug him

Kai smiled and hugs his best friend.

“You colored your hair back to brown, No more blond Jongin” Sehun said messing his new brown hair.

“Yeah I needed a little change. Don’t I look good?” Kai said smirking

Sehun made a disgusting face and went over to the fridge to get himself a drink.

As soon as he grabbed himself a water bottle he climbed on the kitchen counter and sat on it.

Kai was extremely quiet. He didn’t make any sort of conversation with Sehun. He tried to but his mind kept on thinking about Hyejin. He wanted to run to his room and hold her tight but he was afraid she’ll run as soon as she sees him.

He was leaning towards the kitchen counter and kept on looking at the kitchen exit. He wanted to leave to his room and be with her.

Sehun took another sip of water out of the bottle and eyeing Kai’s every move.

“She’s in the room packing up” Sehun said

Kai looked down on his feet and nodded slowly. He sighs and brings himself up on the kitchen counter and sat on it.

“You’re going to talk to her?” Sehun asked

Kai sat there quietly not responding to Sehun’s question his eyes still on his feet.

“She misses you” Sehun adds in

“I miss her too” Kai replied

“I miss her so much”