Watch: Secret Love

Bookmarked! A Recommendation Shop (Best TV Dramas and AFF Fanfiction)

Secret Love

Characters:
Hwang Jung-eum as Kang Yoo-jung
Ji Sung as Jo Min-hyuk
Bae Soo-bin as Ahn Do-hoon
Lee Da-hee as Shin Se-yeon
Number of Episodes: 16
 
Genre: Angst, Romance
Number of Episodes: 20
 
Summary:

Everyone has their own secrets. Secrets can help people succeed and even fall in love; but secrets can also destroy people. Secrets can sometimes make us happy, worried, or even blind us to reality. This drama is about secrets. It is an exploration into the trials and tribulations of people who live with secrets. These secrets drive the four characters desire to find love and exact revenge.

Self-sacrificing Yoo-jung went to prison for her boyfriend Do-Hoon's hit and run murder. Meanwhile, a rich and arrogant Min-hyuk is after her for revenge. The victim from the hit and run case turned out to be Min-Hyuk's first love. It had caused him the love of his life and his unborn son. This is a story of man's misleading revenge. It is a gripping battle between love and hatred you don't want to miss.
 

Drama Recognition:

KBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Actor Ji Sung

Top Excellence Award, Actress Hwang Jung-eum

Netizen Choice Award (Actress) Hwang Jung-eum

Popularity Award (Actor) Ji Sung

Best Supporting Actor Bae Soo-bin

Best Supporting Actress Lee Da-hee

Best Couple Award Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum

 



Littlemisshappyify's note: I instantly became a Ji Sung fan girl when Save the Last Dance For Me came out last 2004 (I think?). I was really surprised with his role here. He is so intense! Playing an arrogant chaebol's son and anti-heroine from the very beginning, he is so good you wanted to slap him. I absolutely loved the way love and hatred mixed with revenge played in this drama. The way his cold character warmed up to the sole subject of his revenge: Yoo-Jung. Yoo-Jung is probably one of the strongest - if somewhat too foolish - heroine out there. You can really feel all of her struggles - her imprisonment, forced extraction from her son, her father's condition and death - God, how can one maintain one's sanity? I really digged how Ji Sung's character trifled with guilt and love as he watched this strong, independent woman battle all the hardships. Even the secondary characters are really amazing! I don't know if you guys knew the drama 49 days. The male antagonist out there is the same man here. He's name is Bae Soo-bin and I must admit he is really good. His crying scenes are so intense. He doesn't even mind when he has runny nose. lol. He definitely deserved that award. Not to mention, the supporting actress Lee Da-Hee really played the part as well.

 

to watch the drama, click Dramaload

to read the review and recaps, click Couch Kimchi