03

Always

 

 

It was raining early in the morning. She didn't go to school, the weather out her energy. She’s been lying on the bed lazily, thinking of her bestfriend. They have not talked for two days now. She knew she have to make the first move, since she was at fault. It’s not the first time they have their fight, it’s their millionth time of arguing. But usually she just let it that way because she thought it will pass anyway, and they will still talk to each other in a short day. But for now, she won’t let it slipped like that. She really has to apologize to her bestfriend, now. But then again she can't, maybe tomorrow when they see each other at school. Taeyeon snapped as she heard a knock. She got off her bed and opened the door.


 

Taetae, I knew you won’t go to class and─“

And you’re wet?”

Ah yeah about that...“ Tiffany trails off.

Don’t you have any umbrella with you?” Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief.

Sorry I forgot to bring it.”

How did you get in?”

Duh as if I don’t know you hide your key under the flower pot.”

O-ok. Why ar─“

Won’t you let me in? I’m wet and freezing.”


 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she gets a towel for Tiffany. “Here”


 

Tae, I’ll borrow your clothes, ok?”

Mmm.” Taeyeon nodded, choosing clothes in her closet and handed it to Tiffany.

Thanks.” Tiffany smiled at her, and went to the bathroom.

Mmm.” Taeyeon answered flatly as she goes back to bed and hover herself with a blanket, peacefully resting her eyes. Ten minutes later she felt motion on the bed.

Taetae move a little.” Taeyeon followed Tiffany’s instruction and gave her enough space to lie her body on bed. She went inside the blanket.

Taeyeon inhaled deeply, releasing a groggy voice. “Tiffany, w-why didn't you go to school?”

Why didn't you?”

I asked first.” She frowned.

Taeyeon, you know we have the same answer─” Tiffany scoffed.

And what if we dont?”

Then, what's your reason?”


 

Taeyeon didn't reply.


 

Ah right, you're just probably lazy.” Tiffany answered her question for Taeyeon.

I'm not lazy, the weather is─“

Pfft~ excuses.“

Why didn't you go to school? You're already in your uniform.“

I know you'll let yourself get bedridden especially when the weather is like this─”

So?”

I wanted to be with you.


 

Silence grew in the room. Taeyeon's heart was trembling; she didn't know how to reply Tiffany; so she just shut up. She was thinking whether she will just keep quiet or it is the right time to apologize to her, she turned her face to her.


 

Tiffany?”

Mmm?” Tiffany turned her face to Taeyeon.

I… I'm Sorry.”

For what?”

You know─“ Taeyeon paused and sighed, facing the ceiling and closed her eyes. “I didn't mean to say that Tiff.“


 

Taeyeon paused as she only hears the sound of the rain , Tiffany’s breathing, and the rustle of their clothes as Tiffany tightened her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, pressing her nose to the collar of Taeyeon’s shirt. Taeyeon looked at her bestfriend's angelic face, she smiled.


 

Yeah right, you're trying to ditch our talk by sleeping.” Taeyeon scoffed. She drew her face and kissed Tiffany’s forehead. Tiffany smiled and opened her left eye.

I wasn’t sleeping.” Tiffany stuck her tongue out.

“…” Taeyeon was silent, her heart skipped a beat. “R-right.” The only word she uttered.

Taeyeon-ah, I’m glad you’re my bestfriend. I don’t know what to do without you. I love you so much, my only Taetae.” Tiffany inched near as her nose touched Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon felt ticklish and eventually it made her turn on. Taeyeon was in battle of her thoughts right now, she’s holding herself, and she didn't even breathe.

Taetae?”

Mmm?”

Will you always stay by my side?"Forever? Tiffany tightened her arms on Taeyeon’s waist.


 

Taeyeon hugged her back, planting a kiss on her forehead. Mmm... Always.“


 

Taeyeon wished for the time to stop that it would only be her and Tiffany. Both of them fell asleep wrapping their arms on each other’s body.


 

• • •


 

There was laughing, dancing, shouting and flirting for the people who are drunk and sunk of plenty of alcohol. The club is for people who drink hard and party hard, it’s always been this lively. But as for the guy who just sat on the edge like a loner, he just stayed silently-gloomy, holding the shot glass like he wants to crush it. His grip was too tight, one last shot and he’s down. He emptied his glass like his empty heart. With a huff, he placed the glass on the bar, paid for his drinks and left his chair, walking out in zig-zag. He wasn’t supposed to drink, he’s not allowed, he’s still a minor, but his looks deceived many people; he looks matured for his age. He’s walking on the street like he doesn’t know where to find his house. He just the second block, made a straight way and then turned to the right side; he turned whatever street he encountered. What should you expect, he’s drunk! He’s tired of walking, his vision was blurry, and he wants to sleep. He looked at the side of the road and saw a bench. He checked his surroundings and realized he’s in the park; the total opposite way of his house. He had no choice, he’s too tired to the point he can’t even think straight. He begun lying on the bench and snored.


 

• • •


 

PE class is fun for everyone, but not for Taeyeon, she at it. She doesn’t know how to play all kinds of ball games, especially dodge ball, she really hated it most. She got a traumatic experienced where her classmate accidentally hit her face and her nose bled. She cursed all ball games, big or small she hates it all.


 

Taeyeon opened the door at the rooftop and found a guy standing on the edge of the building. Taeyeon thought the guy would jump so she immediately grabbed the guy’s shirt, pulling him away from the edge.


 

She grabbed the guy’s collar. “What the hell are you thinking?!”

What?─”

You wanna jump off and die?! “

Huh?─But I wasn’t planning to jump.”

Then why are you standing there looking like you almost want to jump? ”

I was spitting.“

What?!”

Seriously.“ The guy grinned.

Taeyeon let go of his collar and sighed in disbelief. “You’re weird.“

Hey you’re the girl from last time. Do you often go here?”

Uhh... Yeah?” Taeyeon suddenly remembers that incident. “Oh, I remember, you and Jongin are lo─“

We broke up.” The guy looked down for a couple of seconds.

Oh, I see…”

The guy looked at Taeyeon again. “You’re classmates with him, right? Do you know where he is?”

I dunno.”

I thought you two are classmates“

We are, but he didn’t went to school for almost a week now.“

Really? Aish~ He doesn’t have to affect his studies.“

He’s dumb.“

Yeah, he is.“


 

There wasn’t any topic to discuss for a minute, the silence suddenly grew as they were standing on their position, looking elsewhere avoiding unnecessary eye contacts.


 

Umm I think I have to go to class now, nice meeting you, uh..“

Taeyeon.”

Ah! Taeyeon, I’m Kyungsoo. Please don’t tell Jongin I was asking about him, ok?“

No worries.“

Thanks, Taeyeon. Bye!”


 

Taeyeon looked up the sky, opened her arms and breathes deeply, and exhaled through . “Finally! Alone in my haven!” She made an old woman’s victory laugh. If anyone could see her doing that, probably they will think she’s gone nuts. She went to her usual spot, lied on the ground, drew her hankie and covered her face. She rested her body peacefully.


 

• • •


 

Last call for dodge ball girls, Miss Kim. Miss Kim?" She looked at the students’ faces, one by one, but no sign of Taeyeon. “Is she absent again?” She sighed. “Gee, why does she have to be absent, well in fact this game is fun?” She looked at her students list again. “Miss Go. Miss Go?”

Present!” The girl stepped in front.


 

'Taeyeon not again. Tiffany sighed as she looks for Taeyeon in the line, but no sign of her. She stepped out of the line. She knew where Taeyeon usually goes when she skips class. She’s definitely going there.


 

• • •


 

Tiffany opened the door, she stepped out and saw Taeyeon, face covered with a hankie, lying on the floor, sleeping. She drew near her and sat down. She removed the hankie on Taeyeon’s face; she thought, face like hers must not be covered. She begun watching her adorable baby face; observing the sleeping girl. She began tracing her nose and her lips ─ Taeyeon’s soft kissable pink lips. She touched it with her thumb, gently. Taeyeon crinkled her nose, feeling a bit ticklish. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Tiffany looking at her, smiling. She looked at Tiffany’s pretty eyes-smile.


 

Fany?“

Good morning your highness.“

Ugh─what are you doing here?

Don’t ugh me, Taetae. You skipped PE class, AGAIN!“ She groaned.

Tiff, you know the reason why.“

Yeah, ‘cos you’re scared that your cute face will be in pain again.“

I’m always in pain…” She mumbled the last word but Tiffany heard it. She pinned her eyes on Taeyeon, observing her lonely eyes. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and noticed that little by little she’s hovering her. Her body froze as Tiffany’s hands cupped her face and drew slowly near to her face. Tiffany kisses her with ; she gasped in their shared breath. Taeyeon’s body trembled, her eyes widened as she just let Tiffany kisses her softly. She didn’t blink even for a split second. She didn’t understand it. She’s too confused. She was definitely surprised. Tiffany pulls away her lips of Taeyeon and looked at her passively. Taeyeon’s face is as red as a tomato, she was gasping for air. And again, she was totally surprised by Tiffany’s action.

Tiff─what was that for?” Taeyeon looked at her in a more in a confused face, still blushing.

Nothing...“

You just...“

And?“

Fany-ah...“ Taeyeon says weakly.

I know it will make you awake and attend PE class.“

Tiff, s-stop playing games with me.“ Taeyeon scoffed.

You’re my bestfriend Taeyeon, I don’t want to hurt you.“ Tiffany says apologetically.


 

What the hell!? Taeyeon thought. “Tiffany, you already did. You already knew how I feel. Please don’t do that when you don’t really mean it.” Taeyeon looked down, she felt tingling awhile ago but the feeling died. She hates it when Tiffany is playing with her heart. In fact she finds Tiffany sadistic ─ heart slayer. She’s not a player type, she doesn’t also wants to be toyed by others, she doesn’t want that, but she still wants her even she’s already -hurt. She still loves Hwang Miyoung even how many times she felt like she’s being stabbed in the chest. Her eyes were almost tearing but she’s doing her best to hold it. She doesn’t want to cry, not in front of her, not now. Maybe later. "Just... just.... stop playing my feelings." She sighed.

Taetae, I-I’m sorry…” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s cheek, looking directly at her dark eyes.

...” Taeyeon did not reply, she just stood up; dusting off her PE uniform. She grabbed Tiffany’s hand, helping her to stand up. They left the rooftop without saying another word.