12

Always

 

 

The woman opened the door and entered inside the classroom, walking straight in front of the flat form. She put her hands on the desk and cleared . Everyone stood in their seats and bowed to their teacher.


 

And rested their butts on their seats again.


 

I’ll be getting your parents consent one by one and after you can go home.”


The teacher called her students per row, to make a line in front and show their signed parents’ consent. Taeyeon and Tiffany decided to line together in case the teacher will question their same signed consent. Both of them would be able to explain it.


“I didn’t know you were cousins.”
“Oh no we’re not Ms. Jeong.” She paused and took a glance at Taeyeon. “We’re bestfriends.”
“Ahh I see. But I don’t really see you interact much. Anyway, it’s ok as long as your father knows.”
“He knows. He’s in America right now, having a business trip for a week or more—“
“My mom is like her mom anyway Ms. Jeong. Our parents know each other for a long time now. He agreed anyway.”
“Ok. As long as you’re not stressing me in this field trip. I have to babysit my 48 students.”


Tiffany and Taeyeon chuckled.


“Ms. Jeong, we’re not kids anymore.” Tiffany answered.
“I know. As long as they know ok?”
“Of course Ms. Jeong. You can ask our parents.”
Sigh…Ok. Ok. You know I’m liable both of you if something happened. Not just both of you but the whole class.”


They nod.


“Good.” Ms. Jeong smiled.


They went out of their classroom and headed down the hallway. Taeyeon stopped her pace when she saw Minri.


“Taeyeon sunbaemin! Tiffany sunbaemin…” She looked at Tiffany’s reaction and got a little scared; she breathed.
“Taeyeon sunbaemin are you going home now?”


Tiffany slowly linked her arm to Taeyeon, looking elsewhere. Taeyeon noticed the sudden change of Tiffany’s action but she didn’t mind her. It’s too bothersome. She breathed out.


“Actually… We’re going home together.”
“Oh. I s-see…” Minri looked down being embarrassed. ‘ Stupid me. It was obvious they are going home together. ‘
“Well… Maybe we can go home together?”


Tiffany raised her brows and looked at Taeyeon. They met their eyes.


“We’ll drop you to the nearest bus stop how’s that?” Taeyeon smiled a little, a bit tense from the situation. She looked at Tiffany again for an approval.
Tiffany gulps first before talking. “Yes. We can drop you there.”


Minri felt she was just an extra baggage to them. It was totally stupid of her to ask Taeyeon when she’s with Tiffany. Obviously Taeyeon will always choose Tiffany, but she remembered she’ll fight for her feelings. She won’t give up on her sunbaemin.


“Let’s?” Taeyeon asked.


They did what they promised and dropped her there. They wave each other goodbye, as Minri got inside the bus.


 

• • •


 

That was awkward.” Taeyeon sighed.
“It was obvious we we’re going home together.”
“It would be rude if I declined.”
“Then date her for real.” Tiffany started walking.
Taeyeon tailed her. “You know I can’t do that and I don’t want to repeat explanation again.”
“You know she likes you.” Tiffany stopped her pace as well as Taeyeon. “There are only few people who are like her. You know that Taeyeon.”
Taeyeon didn’t say a word she only looked at Tiffany.
“It would be a waste if you let her go. A total waste, you hear me Taetae?”
“…”


Tiffany walks again. Their paces were not fast nor slow, just right. But it was totally quiet. Neither of them spoke a word until they got home.


 

• • •


Taeyeon turned the light off and crawled on the bed. Tiffany moved a bit to give her space. Taeyeon the dim light beside her and looked at the ceiling. She sighed.


“What if… I date her for real?” She shook her head looking at Tiffany, who was on her left side.
“Good for you then.”
“No. I was asking you. Is it ok?”
“…” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon.
“Is it ok?” Taeyeon asked again.


 

Tiffany kept her silence. She breathes.

 

Taeyeon scooted closer to Tiffany. “Is it…ok?”


Their faces were just an inch. Taeyeon pressed her lips on Tiffany, kissing her softly. Tiffany’s eyes widened. It was again a different feeling to her. She forgot to breathe this time. Her brain did not function well. It made her rusty and immobilized. Taeyeon pulled herself, looking directly on Tiffany’s eyes. She touched her cheeks.


“Sigh… Sorry.” Taeyeon went back to her position. While Tiffany didn’t say a word.


“Good night Fany-ah…” She turned around and covered herself with sheet.


Tiffany was still stunned from that kiss. It took her long this time to react. It really felt something else. They kissed many times. But today felt unusual. She can’t figure it well.

She touched her lips and closed her eyes as she drifts to sleeps.


 


 

Taeyeon cried under the sheet, pursing her lips to keep her sobs quitely.Fany-ah… I really really love.


 

• • •


 

It was rowdy inside the school bus. The students’ chatters irritated their teacher. She totally felt constipated from her hard headed students. What can she do? They are high school students; noisy and immature. She knew she should not expect them to behave like angels. It would be amazing if they were.


 

Yong Kibum! Stop dancing and sit down!” Ms. Jeong shouted as she massaged her nose bridge. "Ahh really..." She scoffed.

Hey. Can I sit here?” Jongin asked Taeyeon who was sitting alone.

You can but you may not.”

Hey~~” He whined gaily.


 

Taeyeon pulled his necktie to sit beside her. “God hell you’re so gay.” She whispered. “What the hell’s wrong with you?” She got irritated with Jongin who was just whining a while ago.


 

Sorry, got excited with this field trip.”

Why? Are you -ing with Kyungsoo?”

W-what?! HELL NO!” The people were looking at them. Even Ms. Jeong. “Oh, SORRY!”

So what?” Taeyeon asked.

I heard we’ll be sleeping by pairs. And it’s a draw lot.”

So? It’s obvious you can’t sleep with him. He’s a sunbae, we have different quarters too sleep in. Besides, we only have the draw lot rule in our section unless…unless… you’ll bribe his… roommate.” Taeyeon sighed, as she folded her arms.


 

Jongin just grinned.


 

Whatever. Have it your way. Don't regret when Miss Jeong will check on us one by one.”

Don't worry, she won't suspect. No one will suspect anyway."

Yeah right.” She looked at the view outside the window.

Jongin snapped his fingers. “Hey, it also means you can sleep with Minri, you know.”

What?! No. I won’t be doing that. I’ll stick with the rules.”

Come on! the rules. It’ll be fun. No one will suspect anyway because you're both girls anyway.”

Yeah. Whatever. you.”

Tae, why-you-no-fun girl?” He scoffed as he pressed his back on his seat. “Sigh”


 

• • •


 

Ok kids. Now. Open your papers. If you have the same number then that means you’ll be roommates. I already separated the girls and the boys so it’s obviously no sleeping with the opposite gender. They’ll be sleeping in the other quarter.”


 

Students fuzzing around and searched for their partner who has the same number as them.


 

So, have you seen your partners? Remember this is an educational field trip. You’ll be writing journals of what you have learned in this trip and a partner presentation after this trip. Got that?”


 

Yes, Ms. Jeong!” The girls answered.


 

Good. I like girls. Less stress, but still, I won’t expect ‘cos it will just break my heart.”


 

The students laughed.


 

Ok. Go evaporate girls!”


 

The girls brought their bags and trolleys inside their perspective room with their partners. While Taeyeon just keep standing in her position waiting for her partner to notice her since they are the only partner left. She didn't know who her partner is. She's lazy to find out anyway. Suddenly someone patted her back. She looked behind her and got surprised.


 

Surprised?” The girl grinned.

Sigh… So we’re still stuck together?” Taeyeon smiled a little, earning a slap on the shoulder.

Why are you so cruel to your bestfriend? You should be happy you know!”

Hmm… Meh~”

Tiffany slapped her shoulder again.

I was just kidding! Geez!” She pulled her trolley towards the elevator.


 

Tiffany got excited to dash inside the elevator. She waited Taeyeon to hop inside and pressed the button.


 

• • •


 

Here it is. Room 309.” Tiffany unlocked the door and stepped inside the cozy room, followed by Taeyeon.

Wow.” Taeyeon dragged her trolley inside.

It’s like a vacation…” She turned around and faced Taeyeon. “With you.” She smiled.

I guess so.” Taeyeon smiled, her cheeks turned a bit pinkish. She cleared . “Well, let’s just unpack our stuff.”


 

Tiffany nods.


 

They unpacked their clothes placing it inside the closet. Arranging it neatly.


 

Tiffany started to take off her necktie and ed her blouse. Taeyeon was about to turn around to get a towel that was on the bed. She stopped and covered her eyes with her hands.

Hey hey hey!”

Tiffany startled. “Huh?! W-what?” She faced at Taeyeon. Her blouse was ed, revealing her pink bra. She held her necktie, looking at her, raising her brows.

Y-you change in the bathroom.” Taeyeon turned around.

Phhss! You almost scared me. I thought there was a bug or something.” She scoffed.

Taeyeon still turned her back on her.

Oh come one Taetae. What's the big deal if I change in front of you? We—“ She paused remembering the past. “You know. It doesn't matter we are bestfriends. We grew up together.” She sighed.

I know.” Taeyeon turned around to face her bestfriend. “I know. No need to remind me. I know you're tired of that word.”

What?!” Tiffany raised her brow. “No I'm not! Sigh... Taetae... If it's about that. I don't care ok? Things won't change. I love you and you're still my bestfriend.” Her voice became soft.


 

Taeyeon sighed, looking on the floor.


 

Taetae...” Tiffany went closer to tug her bangs behind her ear. Slowly inching as she hugged her tightly to comfort her. She buried her face on Taeyeon's neck.


 

Every Tiffany's touch makes the butterflies scatter inside Taeyeon's tummy. Tiffany is like a pain and a painkiller at the same time. Taeyeon does not understand herself why she still love her bestfriend even though she has been rejected a couple of times. She thought it was just a phase that every teenagers have gone through. Unfortunately this phase grew quietly into fondness and love. She haven't expect that. She tried her best but it will just make her love for her grow more. It's too complicated for her to understand herself. But it's too difficult to deny her feelings for Tiffany.


 

Taeyeon sighed again.


 

Tiffany... I'll just... go and check Jongin...” She pulled herself from the hug.

No! Miss Jeong will check on us. What if you'll be caught going to the boys' quarter?”

Don't worry.”

Taetae...” She call her name in a concerned voice.

Don't worry. I assure you I won't be caught.” She touched her cheek and walk in the door. She opened the knob and went outside.


 

Tiffany sighed heavily. Stephanie Hwang. What's wrong with you? Why do you want to kiss her now?!


 


 

• • •


 

She twists the knob and hastily opens the door.


 

Ya! Jongay why summoned me—“ She was surprised to see the girl sitting on the bed. She was expecting Jongin and not her. She step inside, closing the door quietly and approached her.

Where is Jongin?”

The girl stood up and greeted her warmly.

Oh good evening Taeyeon sunbaemin. Uhhh that I don't know.”

That ...” She mumbled. “Is this his room or your room?”

"Taeyeon sunbaemin, this is the boys'quarter." She chuckled.

"Ah, right. Stupid me." She smiled gingerly. Her face flushed from embarrassment.

I think this is Kyungsoo's room.” She looked at the other side of the bed. “Oh see that's Kyungsoo's trolley if I remembered.” She pointed the trolley.

Sigh... By the way, who called you to go here?” Taeyeon asked.

I thought you... Sigh... I was tricked wasn't I?"


 

Taeyeon patted her shoulders. “Don't worry let's get to the bottom of this. I'll smack him when I get to see him.” Taeyeon started to walk going out of the room but Minri suddenly hold her hand. Taeyeon halted and looked at Minri.


 

Sunbaemin, it's ok.”


 

Sigh... Fine.” She sat down on the other bed, next to the bed where Minri was sitting on. “Let's just smack him later.” She smiled. She pulled her phone and texted Jongin.


 


 

[Kim Finger Taeyeon]

Hey -er?! Where are you?! You said you want to talk with me?! You're setting us up aren't you?!

(10:16pm)


 

[Jongay ]

TBH you need to talk.

(10:17pm)


 

[Kim Finger Taeyeon]

What to talk anyway!? You know there's plenty of time!

(10:17pm)


 

[Jongay ]

Do you want to find out or not? This is your chance to know... Trust me with this Taeyeon..

(10:19pm)


 

Taeyeon was frustrated with Jongin's answer, she sighed.


 

Taeyeon sunbaemin, is anything wrong?”

No. Nothing. It's fine.” She smiled weakly.

You're uncomfortable being alone with me, isn't it?” Minri paused. “It's ok to not wait for them. Let's go back to our rooms.” She stood up but this time Taeyeon was the one who stopped her by holding her wrist.

I said it's ok.”

You sure, Taeyeon sunbaemin?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Minri, stop with the formalities it feels so... ugh..”

Minri went back sitting on the bed facing Taeyeon.

But.”

Just call me Taeyeon.”

It would be rude, Taeyeon sunbaemin.”

We're friends aren't we?”

Ah, y-yes. We are.” Minri avoided Taeyeon's eyes. She started to fidget her fingers, twirling it, round and round. Taeyeon can feel Minri was a bit nervous. She touched her shoulders.

Hey, what's wrong you want to talk about something? I don't like this kind of atmosphere you know? Too silent.” She smiled at her to make her feel at ease.

Sigh... You know I really get nervous when we're alone.” She paused. “Sunbae— T-Taeyeon...” She paused again. “You already know I like you...”

Ah yeah...” Taeyeon flushed when she heard Minri saying that. She touched the back of her neck.

And I said I won't give up even though Tiffany sunbaemin didn't reject you totally.”


 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow. She didn't understand what Minri was saying about, 'Tiffany sunbaemin didn't reject you totally' Yet, she could feel the awkwardness inside the room. She didn't expect Minri would be this honest towards her feelings for her. They were totally opposite to each other. Being straight forward in telling what she feels is not her forte.


 

Taeyeon, if you give me a chance. I would gladly fill that hole in your heart.”


 

Minri stood up again, and this time she slowly approach Taeyeon.


 

I don't mind if you're still on the moving phase or probably still crazy in love with Tiffany sunbaemin. I can help you Taeyeon. I don't mind and I don't care at all as long as she hasn't own you yet.”


 

Minri slowly leaning down, inching her face to Taeyeon, little by little. Taeyeon was too stunned to move. She was too dumb to react this kind of situation. It was totally unknown to her. Her breathing was slow, she gulped. Where was this cute and innocent Minri she knew. Is this what you turned to be if you will fight for your love?


 

• • •


 

[Door knocking]


 

She got up from her bed when she heard the knock on the door. She opened it and was a bit surprised.


 

M-miss Jeong? Good evening.” She bowed to her teacher.

Good evening miss Hwang. I was just door to door checking. Is Kim Taeyeon here?” She asked Tiffany.

Umm.. Taeyeon was buying medicine for me miss Jeong.” Tiffany lied.

W-what happened?” Ms. Jeong was concerned to her student she held Tiffant's hands.

Oh, just indigestion problem... Don't worry miss Jeong I'll be ok. Taeyeon will be back.” Tiffany acted like her tummy was aching. But the act totally bought Ms. Jeong.

You sure?”

Y-yes, miss Jeong. Don't worry. I have Taeyeon to aide me.” She acted like she was a bit in pain.

O-ok, but I'll check you both later ok? I'll be back to check the boys' quarter.”

Tiffany bowed to her teacher. “Ok miss Jeong.” She closed the door slowly and leaned on it. “Taeyeon... oh !” She opens the door again and checked if miss Jeong was still there. She sneaked out of her room quietly and ran down towards the boys' quarter to get Taeyeon out there before miss Jeong caught her.


 

Taetae! I told you this would happen!

 


• • •


 

Minri stood up again, and this time she slowly approach Taeyeon.

I don't mind if you're still on the moving phase or probably still crazy in love with Tiffany sunbaemin. I can help you Taeyeon. I don't mind and I don't care at all as long as she hasn't own you yet.”

Minri slowly leans down, inching her face to Taeyeon, little by little. Taeyeon was too stunned to move. She was too dumb to react this kind of situation. She froze in her position. She looked at Minri whose eyes were serious – her orbs were reflecting her image. Taeyeon gulped. She's not sure whether she wants it or not. But as what Jongin said, give it a try. Her eyes widened when Minri's soft lips were touching hers. Her heart pounded from nervousness. She closed her eyes for a second and blinked again. When she sensed someone was standing at the door – looking at them. Taeyeon pushed Minri away from her in reflex and stood up.

Fany...”

Tiffany could not react well from what she saw. She took a step back, gulping. She ran away.

Tiffany!”

Taeyeon ran, chasing Tiffany. She looked at the corridor to find her. She made a left turn as she saw the elevator closing – Tiffany was inside. She used the stairs to go down the lobby. When she reached there she saw Tiffany running out of the building. She chased her out.


 

Tiffany ran as fast as she could but she could feel her legs were tiring. She doesn't know why she reacted that way. She knew she wasn't in the place to act like that. Taeyeon is not her lover. Hence, she doesn’t own her. She slowed down, catching her breath. She held the railing of the bridge to support her trembling knees; panting.

Fany!”

Taeyeon was running towards her. She stopped 4 meters away from her, leaning on her knees – catching her breath from running.

W-why?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany looked at her.

Why did you...run?”

Tiffany let go of the railing and stood up straight. She gulped.

I... I don't... know...” She looks down on the ground.

Taeyeon stood up straight approaching Tiffany. She holds her arms tightly.

Why did you run?”

I said I don't know!” She shoved Taeyeon's hands off her.

Sorry.” Taeyeon put her hands down on her side. She sighed. “I...”

Sorry, if I'm in your way. I was just concerned. Miss Jeong was checking on us one by one. I told her a lie – you going to buy medicine for me.”

You could have just told her “

And what?! Get you scolded?!”

Fany, I'm sorry. I – we were set up. I swear.”

Oh really? You want me to believe that? If you just told me you just wanted time with her. I don’t mind, really.”

Really?”

Really!”

Then why are you acting this way?!” Taeyeon raised her voice, she was exhausted. Not from running but from Tiffany’s push and pull. It almost tired her heart – it hurts her so much. She clenched her jaws. “I don’t understand you. Why are you doing this to me?!” She tried to hold her tears from falling. “Do you know how much litter of tears my bed sheet caught?!” Now her tears were falling down her cheeks, she couldn’t control them anymore. “It hurts me to see you with others. You know I get jealous. What can I do? You’re not mine. What hurts most is the pushing and pulling. What am I to you?!” She paused. Tiffany touched Taeyeon’s arms but she shoved it off.

Taeyeon...”

What kind of a bestfriend are you?! Are you toying with my feelings?! Is it fun to toy others’ feelings? Now I feel all your toy guys’ feeli—“

Taeyeon didn’t continue her words as she felt a slap on her cheeks. She touched her red cheeks; she didn’t feel much physical pain. What pained her most was to see Tiffany crying. She reached her, but she stopped herself from hugging her. She felt disgusted from what she just told her bestfriend.

F-fany...” She called her in a faint voice.

Tiffany’s tears streaks down the cheeks to her jaws – tears like rain drops falling down the ground. Taeyeon couldn’t stand watching her like that. She wiped her cheeks with her thumb and hugged her tightly. She let Tiffany’s head burry down on her shoulder.

I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to say that... I’m sorry... I didn’t . I’m sorry” Taeyeon closed her eyes as she hugged her bestfriend tighter.

Tiffany’s hands clenched Taeyeon’s shirt. “It hurts...”

I’m sorry...”

It hurts to see you with others.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. She wasn’t sure if she heard it right. She pulled back and cupped Tiffany’s face.

What?”

I-I know I’m selfish...” She paused from her sobs. Taeyeon wiped her tears again. “I’m sorry. I k-kept my hold. I did.” She gulped. “I thought I would make you stay away off my mind. I tried hundreds of time. I thought it was just every teenager’s phase.” She paused again. “You’re my bestfriend. I can’t be with you – I thought I was or you were confused because it’s what others’ said, just a phase every teenager goes through.”

Taeyeon could not believe what she heard. She just shut up and hears out what her bestfriend has to say.

To be honest it’s hard to wake up every morning and think how it feels to touch your bestfriend – I mean that’s weird! I... I kept my sane straight that I may just feel this way ‘cos...Since we grew up together and our world just revolved to us – even though it’s not.” Tiffany chuckled bitterly. “It’s funny how electrifying your kisses do to me. I can’t say my exes don’t feel that way, but yours is just... amazing! It gave a different FEELS.” She looks directly at Taeyeon’s orbs.

Taeyeon was speechless she felt like dreaming. She needed another slap on the face – or perhaps a punch on her guts.

Tiffany touched Taeyeon’s cheeks gently. She smiled. Her eyes were forming crescent moons – the eyesmile, Taeyeon’s weakness.


 

Taeyeon gulped. “I... I don’t understand. Oh .” Her voice was groggy. “But but but.” She tried to inhale much air to digest everything she heard. It felt unrealistic, like a fairytale to her ears. Am I dreaming?! ‘She thought.


 

But what about that Seheun guy?”

What about him?”

Miyoung, stop playing his heart.”

What? He’s a jerk.”

Fany...”

Kim Taeyeon. He’s a jerk. I caught him lying, calling her so called ‘mommy’ that it turns out to be her other girlfriend.”

But you two. Went. Y-you and him at the love hotel.” She stuttered.

Huh!? When!?”

Fany...”

Ahhh... The double date, you mean?” She raised her eyebrow.

Taeyeon nods.

That was the time I caught him. And I’m not lying here Taetae.” She folded her arms. “So, how’s the feeling kissing your cutie hoobae?” She scoffed.


 

Fany... I thought you know me already. I didn’t want to kiss her she d—“ Her sentence was cut off when suddenly a pair of lips touched hers. She didn’t do any movements; she even looked like a dummy. Her eyes widened to feel Tiffany’s lips on her. It made her mind gone nuts and confused. She hasn’t still absorbed everything. It’s too surreal when the person you like, happens to be your bestfriend, a girl – telling you to shut up and kiss her. She set aside the confusing thoughts and gave in. She opened and let Tiffany’s tongue inside her – exploring, as their kiss grew passionately. Taeyeon’s mind snapped and pulled herself from the kiss. She panted..


 

W-we should go back.”

Ah, right.” Tiffany looked down the ground and flushed.

You look cute when you’re blushing, you know that?” Taeyeon grinned.

Shut up Taetae.” She slapped Taeyeon’s arm lightly and suddenly they heard someone clearing .

M-miss Jeong!?” Both of them were surprised.

Sigh... What are you doing outside? It’s already past 11 and its dark here! So dangerous for girls. Geez! Girls you got me worried!” She scolded them. They apologized to her and went back inside the building.


 

• • •


 

Tiffany lied on the bed, covering herself with a thick blanket.

Good night, Taetae.”

Taeyeon looked at her on the other side of the bed. “Good night, Fany.” She smiled.

Tiffany reached the switch and turned it off.

Taeyeon pinned her eyes on the ceiling, looking nothing but peach black. She suddenly felt someone trying to get on the bed.

Taetae move.”

Taeyeon did as what she was told. She lifted the sheet as she let Tiffany get inside it. They scooted closer to each other – both were looking at the ceiling. Totally nothing to see.

What now?” Tiffany asked.

What what?”

I don’t know. I was just wondering if something changes us.”

Maybe.”

Tiffany reached for the switch and turned it on. She looked at Taeyeon who was staring at her.

What’s with the stare?”

I’m still confused.”

Of us?”

Taeyeon nods.

Do you want a label?”

I don’t know. It depends.”

Sigh... You still don’t trust me, do you?”

Sorry. I don’t want to hurt myself anymore. I’m tired of games Fany-ah.”

I’m sorry. I told you I’m like you. I was confused too, you know.” She sighed. “I had enough hurting people. Especially to the person I love the most.” She scooted closer to Taeyeon and kissed her forehead.

Fany...”

Hm?”

I love you since the day you step inside my life. I don’t want another but you.” She gave Tiffany a peck on the lips. “I don’t mind if we don’t have a label. I mean, we’re always like this, aren’t we? Don’t think you don’t own me, because you do. You own my heart. I love you more than anything you could imagine.”

Tiffany felt butterflies in her stomach. She pursed her lips, her face flushed. She pinched Taeyeon’s arm.

Ouch! What’s that for!?”

Cheesy! Too cheesy!” Tiffany chuckled.

What? I’m telling the truth!”

I know. I didn’t know you’re this cheesy!” She gave her a peck.

I don’t know either. Maybe I’m only like this when it comes to you.” She smiled, holding Tiffany’s hands.

Taetae...”

Hm?”

There’s this other reason why I’m holding back.”

Our parents?”

Tiffany nods.

Taeyeon made a sigh. “Don’t worry. We’ll deal with them later.”

But.”

I learned this quote from Jongin, ‘Don’t mind, don’t care. Stop bothering your problems. Let your future self handle that problem’. And he is right. There’s plenty of time, so let’s handle that later. We’re not gonna separate from each other, are we?”

Of course not! We’re inseparable!”

Good to hear that.”

Tiffany squeezed Taeyeon’s hands. “Thank you.”

For what?”

For being always there for me. For being patient. And for loving me. You’re the only one who loves me this much. I’m too blessed, what else should I ask for more? I had it already since the beginning. I don’t have a mom, but your mom made me feel she’s my mom. My eonni and oppa isn’t always at home, but your sister made me feel I still have a sibling – though younger.” She smiled. “Dad lacks time for me, but you’re always there by my side. My exes didn’t make me feel I’m special to them.” She paused. She looked at Taeyeon’s eyes directly. “I didn’t expect my bestfriend would be doing all these for me. I’m too blind to see your efforts and hurt you. I’m so selfish and for that I feel I don’t deserve you—”

What the ! I was already touched by your words and suddenly you’ll just say ‘I feel I don’t deserve you’.” She poked Tiffany’s forehead lightly. “Don’t say that! I may feel hurt many times but it doesn’t matter. It didn’t make me hate you or make my love lessened. It even did the opposite way. My love for you grew even more than I imagine.”

Tiffany’s fingers cringe. She slapped Taeyeon’s arm again.

Ya! I didn’t know you’re this brutal.”

If you’re not this cheesy.” Tiffany shook her head.

We’ll you have to live with it.”

Taetae... I have one request.”

What is it?” Taeyeon scooted herself even closer. Tiffany rests her head below Taeyeon’s chin.

We’re still in high school and there are still a lot of things that will happen in our way through. Promise you won’t leave me even things get complicated?”

Of course. I’ll always be your side. Let’s bring our best for every struggle. I promise.” She kissed her temple.

Thank you Taetae.”


 

I love you. You’re mine and ALWAYS be mine, Taeyeon.