Chapter 1: Graceful shadow

The Golden Cliff
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you see me, you would think of gold like sunrays, beautiful and dazzling. My movements are light and soundless like the air around you, the air you would breath every day. The air that is salty from high ocean waves. They would hit you, if you are not careful enough. I would hit you with those long and golden wings of mine. They are splendid and broad. A big shadow they cast, the last thing you see, if you see at all in your trance like state.

 

I make you like this. Numbing your senses with shrill sounds and beautiful singing. Lure you to me with deathly smiles and gruesome chuckles, promises you can`t resist. How much I love it to see you like this. So helpless, but oh so breathtaking. I watch as you rot in front of me, watch how your bones will show at time passes. It is a pleasure to see your lungs giving out, your lips trembling. The hunger making you crazy. And you want more, so much more.

 

I will give it to you, until it will be the last thing you do. Die. And I will laugh loudly into your sunken face, my sneaky comrades laughing with me. It will be heard on all Islands - Gallo Lungo, La Rotonda and La Castelluccia. Even those arrogant Muses will hear it. Even Positano will listen to our pleased sounds, your friends and family crying in agony. And the best thing is, you won`t care, you are just too far away already.

 

Oh, all those dumb humans. They think they will be able to beat us someday, they think they will find a way, but they won`t. I tell you they won`t, because we are so much more intelligent then their stupid brains would ever be. They would kill to know what we know.

Please log in to read the full chapter