CHAPTER ONE

INHUMAN

Across the busy streets of Gangnam, there lay a big mansion. People marveled at the sight of it. The mansion was almost as big as three to four of the houses beside it. The mansion’s outside was decorated with beautiful crystal lightings and the green patch of grass beside it was decorated with beautiful bushes of flowers, giving out a decent smell. You will notice that there was a large basketball court in their yard which was surrounded by rows of tall trees which were guarded by high brick walls.

Ah, did I forget to tell you? There was a large indoor swimming pool just beside the basketball court.  This was definitely the dream house that people would crave to live in. Even a glance at it can make anyone feel absolutely happy and lucky if they live in it. I mean just imagine, the first thing you see when you opened your eyes every single day was the sight of your room decorated with silver and gold or diamonds. Apart of that, mouth watering meals will be there every day waiting for you. Gosh, what a mansion!

By now you must be wondering about whose mansion it was. This mansion belonged to the Do family. The Do couple had an only son named Do Kyung Soo, but he preferred to be called D.O. The Do couple own the biggest gold mining company in Seoul which explained where they got their riches from, and they already had a few houses in Korea with every single of it are mansions.

Other people's lives were nothing compared to D.O's. He had everything he wanted. He got a driver to send him to school every day, he got good grades in his studies, and he was always the one to change his cell phone every month before anyone in his class and so on. All in all, he got everything (except for his height though *coughs*). Every living person envied him.

However, even though he got everything he desired, D.O still hated his life very much. To him, it was the most boring place in the world. Imagine yourself stuck in a mansion with nowhere to go, with your parents working or traveling overseas almost every day. What was even worse was his father took control of everything concerning him that he cannot even date someone. The last time he argued about this topic with his father, Mr Do ranted on about how D.O could get his girlfriend pregnant and ruin his reputation. So here he was now; twenty-two years old but still single. It was a shame to him, causing him to be a laughing stock to his so called friends.

Mr Do was strict with D.O’s results in university. Whenever he got bad grades, his father would punish him severely. But in order to keep his image, his father restricted him from telling the public about this. He always hated his father but he had to act all lovey-dovey with his father when he was out in the public. He hated acting. In fact, he swore to himself that he would surely break out of this mansion one day.

A few blocks away from the mansion, there lay a house known as the 'Haunted House' of the district. It was an abandoned mansion. The beautiful wood carvings on the gate doors that were once beautiful were covered with thick layer of dust. The once shiny crystal lightings were dull, and the garden was untidy with weeds growing everywhere. People avoided going that way because it was said that it will bring bad luck to that certain person. The people who lived nearby the house could hear screeching noises from the house whenever it was twelve o’clock in the midnight. Because of this, people started to leave the neighborhood, causing the neighborhood to be more and more deserted.

 

People believe that there were ghosts or spirits roaming inside. According to the people who lived there ten years ago, eleven boys who looked like they were about ten to fifteen years old had decided to go into the house to explore. They had never come out ever since. People believed that the spirits inside the house had captured them and never let them go. Some even thought that the spirits consumed their flesh and blood, and used their souls to be mortal once again. They believe that the screeching noises is the ghosts of the 11 boys screaming wanting to break free. Even when the police searched for the boys numerous times, they had not found the boys. So, this became the mystery of the people of the district.

D.O had heard of these rumors. Even if he didn’t hear about it, he would surely know it. It was because his balcony was facing right at the mansion. He was uncomfortable about this at first, but slowly he grew out of it.

It was just an abandoned house, D.O had told himself. There was nothing to be afraid of.

This day, D.O had just come back from his university. The butler greeted him at the doorway as D.O went in, a bag slung over his right shoulder. D.O merely bowed and went up to his room. He realized that the entire house was silent as he ascended the stairs leading to his room on the fourth floor.

He knew at once that his mother and father were still working. Or probably going for a trip, he told himself.

“D.O.” The butler, called him, causing D.O to pause in his steps.

His parents called him by his real name while everyone else in the mansion called him Kyung Soo. But the butler was otherwise. To D.O, the butler was like a father to him. Taking care of D.O since he was still a child, he was the one who spent the most time with him, taking him out for ice-creams, comforting him when he cried, listening to him complaining about what a rubbish day he had in school, or backing him up when he was scolded by his parents. But as D.O grew up, the relationship between them grew apart.

“Yes?” D.O enquired.

“Your parents have me to tell you that they are going to Italy for at least a month to meet clients.” The butler told him, smiling politely.

Bingo.

 “They hope you are okay with it. Ah, they also tell you that you’ll be doing the usual routine.”

D.O frowned. “Usual routine?”

“Not to go out with your friends and to stay at home.” The butler gave him a sympathy look. “If you did… Well, you know what will happen.”

D.O rolled his eyes instantly. Of course he knew what would happen. There were servants whom his parents told them to keep an eye on him, and to report to them whenever he went out or did anything. Whenever he did, he would be grounded. It made no differences at all, he felt like he was grounded everyday with these stupid rules his parents set. Then his allowance would be cut off. He was allowed to go out every Saturday, but he must arrive at home before night fell.

Seriously, I’m already an adult; you don’t have the right to control me like I was your dog! D.O felt like screaming this out loud. Well, he had to admit that even his parent’s dog had a better life than him. It was free to go out anytime and even when it came back dirty, his mother would swoon over it, giving it a bathe and give it a lot of snacks. It was as if the dog was her child instead.

D.O mumbled a thanks as he continued to make way to his room. He threw his bag on bed and watched as the contents of the bag spilled everywhere.

Oh well, he forgot that his bag has a hole in it, and now the hole just got bigger, causing it to be unusable.

D.O cursed under his breath and stepped over the pile of books, lying on the bed and closing his eyes.

I’ll rest first before I clear the mess up, he thought to himself before falling into deep sleep.


A/N: 

Exoticexotic: I used 4 days to produce this first ever chapter of this first ever fic. I am not a funny person so you can't expect anything from me LOL XD so i hope you guys will support my fic till the end! 

EvEbLaSt: Exotic2 wrote the first half of the chapter and I wrote the second half~ Lolz I'm not a funny person but pls expect more from us! *smirks at Exotic2* We'll try our best to update although there's a public exam coming up~ XDDDDD

Exoticexotic: LOL we are both serious *inserts serious face* LOL