We're here?

The Country Bumpkins

"Passengers, we have arrived at Seoul International Airport. We will be landing in about five minutes. Thank you for your cooperation and time."

The intercom buzzed the message throughout the lousy plane as the 12 boys stared in wonder.

"Who said that?" Xiumin started to perspirate.

"Excuse me ma'am." Chen waved a flight attendant over.

"I think your plane is possessed or something. You might want to check it out." 

The old flight attendant took his hand in her's and sighed.

"God bless your inadequate souls. How on Earth are you boys still alive?" She pulled away and strolled down the cramped aisle with her cart.

"You have to say that to the plane!" Chen yelled after her. Luhan popped his head through the opening between the two seats in front of him. Chen and Xiumin turned towards him.

"Did she just call us stupid?"

Chen and Xiumin shrugged.

"We don't know what 'inadequate' means, but I think it means something good." Xiumin munched on his fifth pack of peanuts.

Sehun looked over from a couple seats behind.

"Hey! You with the fat cheeks, pass me some nuts!" Sehun elbowed the slobbering fat guy sleeping next to him. Xiumin looked back and frowned.

"No! Your mom killed our chicken. No peanuts allowed for the chicken killer's son." 

A shoe magically hit him in the back of his head as the peanut bag fell out of his hand. 

"Stop abusing my mom's reputation you duck bag! It's not like everyone else's parents haven't accidently killed a chicken before."

Suho frantically gestured for them to quiet down. Flack was starting to become uneasy.

"Do you guys want to see Flack lose his marbles?" The chicken's face turned a sickly shade of green.

"Thanks to the idiot who shoved marbles up Flack's , he poops them out whenever he gets nervous." 

Kyungsoo nervously chuckled as he pretended to tie his shoe. He turned around to notice Baekhyun and Chanyeol staring at him with their hands out.

"What?"

"Can you... ermm... lend us your book?" They pointed to the one in his lap.

"No." Kyungsoo frowned. The duo glanced at each other and smiled.

"Oh, okay. We'll just tell everyone that you, Do Kyungsoo, stuck your hand up a chicken ."

Kyungsoo froze and immediately shoved the book in their faces.

"Don't you guys dare tell anyone about that or else." The duo silently agreed and high fived each other. Kyungsoo sighed and slumped in his seat. Blackmail really irritates his sensitive soul.

"Let me guess, you're going to cut them up and feed them to the birds." Yixing started.

"Or, he's going to strangle them and marinate them in their own blood." Jongin presumed.

Kyungsoo stared at them increduously.

"I have a delicate, sensitive soul. Do I have to spell that out for you two? D-E-L-I-K-A-T-E." Kyungsoo huffed and angrily slapped his partner's thigh.

"Oww!" Wufan screamed. Kyungsoo just glared at him.

"Okay, okay." Wufan shrinked in his seat. Tao looked out the window and screamed.

"Guys, guys! We're in Seoul now. Look!" 

The gang looked out their windows to view the stunning sight of Seoul's night life. The city lights loomed across the night sky as the towering buildings occupied the vast expanse of air. The boys mouths dropped in awe. Even Flack stopped pooping marbles. 

"Guys, we're finally here." 

 

4 hours later

"No."

The boys were huddled in the middle of the apartment lobby with a potato sack and a squacking chicken. The manager stood in front of them and held their keys.

"What do you mean 'no'?" Suho demanded.

"Our parents already arranged everything for University, which includes our housing."

The manager shook his head.

"You boys smell and look unpresentable. I will allow you boys to move in only when you have cleaned yourselves. I will not have the other residents complaining about your foul odor and appearance." 

The boys looked at him insulted.

"I have no idea what you're talking about sir, but we're... we're..." Chen mused.

"-we're.... uh.. ah-ha! We're 'inadequate'! You have no right to tell us otherwise." 

The manager handed each of them a credit card and stepped back.

"Here. Use these to buy yourselves new clothes and get haircuts or something. Your parents already put money in them for your use." The boys stared at them confused.

"Sir, I think you made a mistake. We need money, not plastic cards to buy stuff." Wufan said smugly. The manager pulled at his hair.

"Get out!" He roared.

"Come back when you don't look like a bunch of hobos!"

The 12 boys were thrown out on the sidewalk as the manager shut the apartment doors behind them. They dusted the dirt from their dirty shirts and trudged along the pavement.

"Duck sauce." Sehun muttered. 

"How in the world do we 'clean up'? I'm already perfect." Suho ran up to him and shoved Flack in his arms.

"Here then. Hold Flack while we get cleaned since you're already so 'perfect' you dimwit." 

The others ran across the street up to a beauty parlor. Sehun shoved Flack into the poato sack and ran after them.

"Wait! Wait for me!" he screamed.

The streetlights flickered as the boys entered the brightly lit store. The receptionist stared at them with frightful eyes.

"W-what may we h-help you with today?" she stuttered.

The boys gasped at the artificial sweet scent that swirled the air. They tried to swipe the air to get rid of the smell, but to their dismay, the receptionist kept on spraying it from a little bottle straight at them.

"We need to clean ourselv- Will you stop spraying that!" Kyungsoo snatched the bottle from her hand and threw it in the trash. The girl yelped and held onto her hand as if it were infected.

"Lady Janet! Lady Janet! These thugs are trying to hurt me!" A tall, slender woman in her early thirties hurried over to the receptionist with a hairdryer in her hand. She jumped when she saw the mangled mess of hair and tattered clothes in front of her. 

"By God! These boys are utterly filthy! Nana! Get the tubs ready." Lady Janet dragged a complaining Kyungsoo across the white tiled floor and placed him inside one of the many rooms that inhabited the large store. The others followed the woman as one by one they were all sent to their individual rooms. 

"Hey tall lady!" Baekhyun yelled.

"What's this?" He held up two bottles.

"Those are shampoo and conditioner Dear. Use alot." Lady Janet and her crew of employees were busy scurrying around the store, trying to assist each clueless boy as to what was what. The other neglected customers grumbled and grew irritated.

"Krystal!" a female customer screamed.

"What are you doing? My hair is done drying already!" 

The red head said a quick apology and resumed aiding the boys. The customers jumped from their stools and stomped towards the room doors.

"They know how to take a bath! We pay to come here too you know!" A disgruntled college student ripped the curlers from her hair and gripped the door knob. The small crowd behind her urged her to open the door. The girl opened to door only to be blasted with hot steam pummeling out from the bathing room. 

"! My hair's getting ruined!" She shut the door and frantically tried to save her limping hair. A hundred dollars had gone to waste. 

"Ughh! I swear, I'm going to kill these jerks!" 

Lady janet pulled the boys out of their rooms and pulled a towel around their waists.( she's technically like a mom, so don't worry about her seeing their pee-wees.) They scrambled around the store with their hair wet and torsos bare. They panicked from recieving confusing orders on where to go and what to do. Lady Janet rounded the boys into their stools to get their hair cut.

"Sorry ladies, but these boys are first priority as of now. I'll fix your hair for free another day." Lady Janet briefly adressed the small crowd of college girls and started cutting a thick lock of Chanyeol's hair. 

"Oh no! My coat is shedding!" Chanyeol panicked. 

"For duck's sake Chanyeol, you're not a dog!" Sehun facepalmed.

The college girls sat on the velvet couches that ran along the store walls and waited.

"We need out hair done for the induction ceremony tomorrow. I'm not going looking like that kid to my first year of university." She pointed to Wufan.

"Hey!" he protested.

"Shush Wufan hyung. You whine to much." A group of murmurs and collective 'yeahs' followed after.

"Nana! Dry their hair while I iron. Soyu! Get the clothing racks out. Hurry boys! Move your little tushies to that unnie over there. Go!" 

Jongin and Luhan were pushed towards Soyu and nearly tripped while trying to pull up their towels. One college girl eyed them as they blushed from all the excitement and having to go around half .

"Hey." she nudged her friend sitting next to her.

"They're really hot, now that they're clean and stuff." Her friend looked at the duo's defined bodies and saw that their faces were perfectly sculpted. 

"What the fu*k? Does Lady Janet do plastic surgery?" 

They looked over at the other boys and saw that they also had fit bodies and handsome faces as well. 

"Hey Lady Janet!" They called.

"We want plastic surgery too!" 

Lady Janet looked at them weirdly and turned away. The girls felt offended that they were denied their request. One of the girls ran up to Sehun and grabbed his face in her palms. She eyed his perfect features and frowned.

"There's no sign of surgery... maybe it's makeup." She rubbed his cheek, but nothing came off. Sehun slapped her hand away from his face.

"Oh my duck! I'm offended by your rubbing of my cheek. I swear i'll release my attack chicken on you!" he shook Flack out of the potato sack. Flack landed on the floor with a thud, eyeing his new surroundings. 

"Flack! Defend me!" Sehun pointed towards the girl. Tao looked at the scene and sighed.

"Oh boy. We're going to need a first aid kit." 

Yixing looked over.

"For the girl?"

Tao shook his head.

"For Sehun." 

 

2 hours later

"Well, at least it won't leave a scar." 

Suho was busy putting ointment on the cut on Sehun's left cheek that Flack had graciously given him back at the parlor. Flack wandered aimlessly in their apartment room, looking up at Sehun with big eyes.

"That fat lard betrayed me. It's dead meat." Sehun got up from his bed and went towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Suho called after him.

"To get Kyungsoo." 

"And why would you get Kyungsoo?" Suho scratched his head.

"To kill Flack." Sehun deadpanned. 

Suho's motherly instinct kicked in. He hugged Flack protectively.

"Why would you kill Flack? He's the last thing that our parents intrusted to our care." Suho caressed the fat blob.

"They could have given us a necklace or a letter or something, but no, they gave us a lousy chicken to take care of." 

Sehun shut the door and walked over to Jongin and Kyungsoo's room.

"Hey Kyungsoo, your killing skills are needed at this time!" he knocked on the door. Kyungsoo poked his head out and frowned.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm as docile as a lamb." he shut the door in Sehun's face.

"That duck face." Sehun cursed at the door. Jongin walked up to him while drying his wet hair with a towel. 

"Well, well, well. This one is going to be a lady killer." Sehun whistled at Jongin. Jongin hung the towel around his neck and pulled up the sweatpants that hung around his waist. Water droplets clung to his bare torso as they glided above his tan skin.

"Shut up duck face. That would be Kyungsoo's job. He will literally kill all the girls if he could." 

Jongin was about to go into his room when a hand on his wrist stopped him. He looked up to see Sehun staring at him with a serious expression.

"What is it?"

Sehun paused for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"Aren't you kind of nervous for tomorrow? I mean, we're basically strangers here. What if kids make fun of us?" 

Jongin contemplated for a moment while taking in Sehun's tense gaze. He took Sehun's hand in his own and smiled.

"Relax. Even though we're new here, no one has the right to tell us we're less than them. I bet you no one in this city knows how to catch fish or round cattle or even survive on their own like us. And besides, we always have each other to look towards if we feel out of place." 

Jongin enveloped him into a hug. Sehun thankfully fell into his embrace, feeling less anxious about tomorrow's worries.

"I feel a bit better, thanks to your wise words oh duckful one." Sehun grinned. Jongin laughed and they seperated. 

"Your welcome." 

"Okay, if you guys are done talking I really have to kill, I mean hug this cockroach that's under my bed." Kyungsoo stood staring at Jongin with a knife in his hand.

"Well, Sehun you should get some sleep. I have to, uh, help hyung cuddle with his new friend that's under his bed... with his knife?" 

Sehun walked away from the scene, hearing Kyungsoo curse every time he missed the darn critter with the tip of his knife. He could also hear Jongin's panicked voice begging Kyungsoo to put down the sharp object.

"Well, I have to rest well for tomorrow. Don't want to look ugly."

"You are ugly!" Baekhyun yelled through his room door. A collective murmur of 'yeahs' filled the hallway.

"You ducks!" 

Sehun ran to his room only to be attacked by a frenzied chicken.