Chapter 1

Friends No More

Haha! Let me start this festival now right? =)) and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHUNNIE! @Khunnie0624 #KhunnieDay

FRIENDS NO MORE

“JunHo yah, isn’t he awesome!! Those eyes, those lips! Even his angelic face! Oh I wish he loves me!~”

WooYoung went on spazzing like a crazy fanboy of the Thai Prince that he totally didn’t notice the one sitting next to him showed no interest.

“Oh, uhm, yeah! NichKhun is great, I know!”-JunHo said plankly

“Why can’t I have such a wonderful boyfriend like him huh?”-WooYoung asked, still hasn’t got down from his daydream.

JunHo and WooYoung. They have been friends for six years now. They are always together. Their relationship was somehow confusing. It was somewhere between friendship and love. To WooYoung, JunHo is a temporary lover. Everytime a girl asked him out, Junho would play the role of his boyfriend. But after those girls gave up, they get back to normal. Typically like how JunHo had to sit here and listen to WooYoung spazzing over some handsome boy.

WooYoung is a dreamy guy. He always dreams of a white horse prince who comes and loves him. JunHo is tired of his friends falling head over heels for some prince time over time. Those crushes passed quickly and JunHo somehow hoped this one would be no exception.

Since they day NichKhun moved to their class, all the girls have switched their target. Instead of chasing a cute guy in the school’s dance team like WooYoung, they turn their attention to the Thai prince. How ironic that WooYoung also loves that guy himself.

“How can there be such a perfect guy in this world huh JunHo?”-hands on shoulders, they walked home after school.

“Stop it! He isn’t that great! Just good looking that’s all!”-JunHo said annoyed.

“No that’s not all!”-Woo punched slightly on his bestfriend’s shoulder. “He was very nice and well-mannered. Sweet and talented just like you!”

Those words were truly offensive to a competitive boy like JunHo.

“Who said that! How can he be good as me!? Sports, music, I’m not losing to anyone okay! In his dream!”-JunHo angrily stomped his feet forward.

“Hey hey! I’m just kidding! Don’t sulk!”-WooYoung laughed and ran after.

Then their arms linked again, WooYoung went on spazzing and JunHo just silently listened. Looking at the innocent smile of his bestfriend, JunHo couldn’t help wishing that he was the reason for that smile.

*the next day*

“Are you sure? You didn’t mishear right?”-JunHo popped his eyes open.

“I’m sure! NichKhun called me himself.”-WooYoung excitedly nodded.

“What did he say?”

“He asked me to go watch movies with him because he had some spare tickets! It’s great right JunHo! That means he notices me too! I have a chance now!”

JunHo lowered his head. This was no good news for him. Why? WooYoung had dated many people before but he never cared! Why was he having this anxiety this time? NichKhun is not just some guy. What if that guy steal his WooYoung away? But hey, has WooYoung ever be his?

“Hey! Are you listening JunHo?”-WooYoung shook his arm.

“Huh!? Uh yeah! Congrats! Have fun! But don’t raise your hope too high! He said it was only spare tickets right! Haha!”-JunHo teased and WooYoung pouted, showing his puffy cheeks. JunHo leaned closer , put a slight kiss on those cheeks and shyly walked away. This is nothing new. They are too close. Those slight kiss means nothing more than friendship. Or at lease that was for WooYoung.

“You’ll see!”-WooYoung determined, wiping his cheeks proudly.

JunHo laughed because of WooYoung’s cuteness. Only if he and WooYoung had something more than just friendship. They had never thought like that, or maybe just a slight thought but never dared to do it. Because their friendship was more important than anything else, they would not dare to risk it with just some stupid crush.

____________________________________

That night, JunHo lied on his bead watching TV. Why is it always the same plot in every drama? The main character will eventually love someone else and his bestfriend will always has a one-sided love on him? And how can that friend still wish them happiness while still loving the main character? Stupid-really stupid- JunHo mumbled when he was watching.

He kept changing the channels but his eyes didn’t notice the screen. “What is WooYoung doing right now? This is his first date with NichKhun. Maybe it will be just like his other dates. He will rant about how careless, unhumorous the guy is blah blah blah! Not a single guy could date WooYoung over a week!”-JunHo thought

But his heart was not at ease, his eyes kept glancing the phone. His heart was beating fast. That anxiety was just the same as a mother on her daughter first date. There was something even more than that.

“Hello?”

“JunHo ah?”-WooYoung’s voice spoke up

“Yes, I’m here!”-JunHo replied, tried to hold back his excitement.

“Have you gone to sleep yet? Can I come to your room?”

“Yes! Come over!”

In less then 5 minutes, WooYoung showed up in front of JunHo’s room, naturally walked in and threw himself on the bed just like this was his own room.

“I thought you would sleep as his place!?”-JunHo joked, and lay on the bed, he placed his head over his arms to catch a better view of the chubby face next to him. Those tiny eyes were sleepy already. The open lips kept seducing him.

“Yah! How can you think bad of your friend like that!?”-Woo kicked JunHo slightly.

WooYoung crawled on top and pinned JunHo down on the bed. With two legs holding him tight, JunHo couldn’t even move.

“This is for saying bad words about me!”-WooYoung knoced on the best friend’s head, making JunHo whined continuosly. Right when he went unnoticed, JunHo grabbed WooYoung’s hand to stop the hit and accidentally pulled the later boy closer.

Their faces were only inches away. WooYoung could hear JunHo heartbeats. He leaned in, hands slided in JunHo’s hair, eyeing JunHo lovingly. The boy under held his breathe waiting, eyes shut close

The mild fragrance of WooYoung came closer and closer and…

“Haha! It hurts!”-JunHo screamed when Woo bit his cheeks lovingly.

“Never think bad about me again!”-WooYoung laughed and rolled aside.

“Who knows! How was the date? Disaster again?”-JunHo made an eyesmile, happy to see WooYoung playing with him like this.

Woo turned silent, a silly smile on his face, eyes staring to mid-air. “He was great JunHo! The ideal boyfriend! He was humorous, and considerate. Throughout the whole date, not a single time did he let me down, even made me smile a lot. Maybe he is the one JunHo!”-Woo turned his head to JunHo after finished his sentence, waiting for the other’s reaction.

No words could describe how Junho felt right now , he could not even understand himself. He had always seen WooYoung as his friend only, but when Woo said another boy was the one, why was there something sting his heart, something was breaking inside..

“You really think like that? He is that wonderful?”-JunHo said quietly, swiping away some of the fringe on WooYoung’s eyes.

“Uhm..So wonderful…”-Woo said and floated into his sleep, unknowing that the person next to him struggled all night.