My Pregnancy Journey 2

Expecting a Bundle of Joy

Honestly, I miss you all. Here an update for you. :)

 

 

I’m totally displeased with the pain I’m having right now. My belly is so big which made me harder to move or even breathe. Don’t mention about my feet. They swelled like a bee just sting at my feet. I can’t use my favorite sneakers anymore. Chanyeol forced me to wear something comfortable and flat. I need to wear sandal to make my feet not feeling hurt even more. And a thick stocking! Chanyeol limited my movement and even he scheduled my activity! I can’t do the groceries shopping; take a walk at the park and hanging out with Luhan. Well, Luhan actually still came to our house. And for Chanyeol, I don’t even know why he is so scared to leaving me alone. When he goes to work, not five minutes later on, Chanyeol will call me to check my condition. I need to throw him out in one night after he would likely to abandon the wolf meeting and stay up with me. I didn’t like the way he pampered me like a fragile thing.

My baby is so active. Kicking and move around frequently. Chanyeol always missed the opportunity to see the baby kicking from inside my belly.

Yee Jin advised me to stay up in the ward for these few days. It’s because my due date is so near and she afraid I might give a labor before the expected date. She also informed that the baby has “dropped” or moved lower into my pelvis. And for your information, this phenomenon is called “lightening”.

Of course Chanyeol said agreed with her and he immediately registered my name in the hospital. Chanyeol requested a luxury ward for me but I insisted. I told him I don’t want to be alone in the ward. So Yee Jin suggested placing me in a ward that consist two people on it.

The first impression of my ward mate is really funny. My ward mate is a tiny middle age woman. She is so beautiful and she’s also in her last week of pregnancy. When she saw me struggling to walk in she hopped out from her bed with amused face and came to me. She takes my arm and helping me to walk.

“This is my first time to see a pregnant male. And you’re ridiculously beautiful to be a male.” She pointed out spontaneously. She let out ‘oh’ and ‘wah’ for an hour.

We bonded really fast. Yura is her name was a widow who just lost her husband three weeks ago. She had one little boy named Dae Ho and at this moment he have to stay with his grandfather. Yura is such a strong woman. She’s never complaining anything about her life. As I staying with her for these two days, she keeps talking about Dae Ho. I never see anyone visit her and I want to ask about it. But, I’m afraid I will hurt her.

She keeps praising Chanyeol to be a good husband. Yes, indeed he was. Chanyeol never missed out to visit me. He always brings me a lot of food and supplements. I had to share with Yura to finish all of them.

Our room is never quite. We keep accompanied by a guest from Chanyeol workers and our acquaintances. My mother and mother in law visited me four times a week and sometimes everyday they will come and accompany me with so many baby catalogues. And lately they keep bringing the subject ‘what is the baby’s name?’

Yura received some gift from my mother in law and thanks her for watching over me. It was a job offer as a manager sale at her boutique. Yura cried in happiness after knowing she had a stable job to support her son and her newborn child. Mrs. Park also gets her a babysitter to help her take care of newborn baby later.

Lately the contractions happen frequently and it’s make me nervous to hell. The contractions become stronger at regular and increasingly shorter intervals. Mostly it happens when I asleep. Suddenly getting waked up by contractions it was not pleasurable. Chanyeol always make sure he’s always beside me when I’m asleep so he will know my condition well. I feel bad for him because he had to sleep on the floor with a thin layer of blanket.

It’s already 5 days I’m in hospital and I’m getting tired to be only laying on the bed without doing anything. Chanyeol is on outstation in another country for his business matter and you don’t want to know how sad he is. He refused to let me go and at the end his father and the assistant had to drag him away from me. I gave him a sweet kisses to him and promise I will take care of myself very well. And his last word is,

“Please do not labor our baby until I come back okay?”

Silly Chanyeol.

 

Yura widened his eye after I get up to go the bathroom. She looks really pale and shocked. I asked her if she felling unwell.

“Your water broke.” With slow voice she pointed her finger at me.

Yup. Definitely broke. I totally unnoticed there is water trailed between my thighs. And I don’t know if I have to call doctor or just lay back on the bed or call Chanyeol tell him my water broke. Please, I’m nervous and this is my first experience to my first pregnancy.

Yura called the nurse using emergency button and she assisted me to sit back on the bed. She told me to breathe deeply to avoid me become stress. I felt uncomfortable with the wetness on my clothes and I didn’t felt any contractions. These situations make me wonder is my time to deliver the baby had arrived?

Within three minutes, two nurse and a doctors rushed into our room startled me and Yura at the moment. The nurse who name Lily and Eun Ji check my condition and they asked me a lot of question which I don’t know what to answer. Well, who don’t know the famous duo? These two is really popular and well known as talkative nurse.

“Are you feeling pain anywhere?” Eun Ji asked with full of concern.

“Do you feeling hot? Let me check your temperature.” Lily put her hand onto my forehead to check whether my temperature is high or not.

Yee Jin only shakes her head when she saw the chaos made by her own staff. After that she come near me and caressed my belly.

“Any contractions?” she asked.

I shaking my head as a sign no and she raised her eyebrows after that. Yura sit beside me hold my arm tightly. I welcomed her gesture because Chanyeol always do the same every time I’m feeling nervous.

“We need to move you to a special ward. You need to be induced within 12 to 48 hours and we will monitor your condition time by time.” Yee Jin said her final ward and give instruction to her staff.

They guide me to sit in wheelchair and the special ward is on third floor.

“Can Yura stay with me? Chanyeol is still outstation and my family is not here yet so I might need someone to accompany me.”

Yee Jin smiled and nodded her head. “Are you okay with that Yura?”

“O-of course!” she shuttered a little felt nervous. She walked beside me with her big belly and I admitted she really look cute like that.

After we arrived to the special ward, Lily guided me to the big bed. On the left side I saw a tiny screen monitor and I guess maybe it will be use to monitor my heart beat. They quickly put something on my chest and the wire connected to the screen monitor.

Yura silently watched me being check and monitor by them. I know, she must be feeling nervous because her due date is coming.

“Right now, Chanyeol in his flight going home.” Yee Jin casually said after she gave me a shot to decrease my blood pressure.

“He is? But how---“

“I called him after we received the emergency signal from your room. I told him your time might be near.”

I give her a smile and thank her a lot. I can’t imagine how Chanyeol look right now. Maybe he is crying like a baby in the flight right now.

Yee Jin told me I need to rest a lot and do not think too much about the labor. The reason why I didn’t feel any contractions at the moment is because I feel scared and worried about how the labor will be done. Anxiety is one of the factors of late labor. Indeed I was afraid I might be not success to deliver my baby. Resting phase is really important because the cervix is fully dilated (about 10 cms) but the urge to push or to bear down is not yet felt. Some pregnant woman or male experience mild contractions at this time, while for others like me the contractions fade away or stop completely for a short period.

Don’t ask me how I know this information because I spend my time reading the pregnancy book.

Yura keep having a conversation with me to calm me down. She never stopped giving me her sweet smile and sometimes he made a joke about my swelled feet.

Around 6.00 pm, I felt uncomfortable on my pelvic and the contractions actively start. This is it. My time is coming. My bundle of joy will be coming.

 

 

 

oh, finally I do an update. Yay for me! I had recovered from total shock after the Baekyeon dating thing and yeah thank you for all the comments and advices I received from you all. I gain subbies and comments and I thank for that.

Hopefully I can update faster after this. See you again lovelies. :D